Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can we have the title thread changed then to have [SPOILERS] added ?...just in case ?

Oh, actually meant to say that people use Spoiler Tags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Isn't this released today? I preordered off of Gamefly. No cd-key yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

'nother 6 minutes and ye should get it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Downloading now. It's only 1 gig as expected so it shouldn't take long even for those of us with slow connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Is it out today on Xbox too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is it out today on Xbox too?

Fairly sure the release is staggered on different platforms. We should probably start another thread for this exact reason, so we can avoid spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Grimebox wrote: »
    Fairly sure the release is staggered on different platforms. We should probably start another thread for this exact reason, so we can avoid spoilers

Thought it was released tomorrow. Perhaps PC get it today and Xbox tomorrow.

Cheers anyway :)

yeah always the way, PC and Xbox first. PSN America tomorrow. PSN europe was always a week later then but hopefully not for this. Spoiler tags will do instead of making new threads for each platform.

I keep on getting an error about not being able to contact the Telltale servers.

Turns out that it's a version you get from Telltale and not Steam activated like I thought. Oh well.

I think you need season 1 installed to continue from that save. I didn't have it installed so it randomized my previous choices

• Advertisement

Even if you don't have it installed, your saved files are surely still there as they sit in a different folder. My Documents/Telltale Games/Walking Dead I think is where they are. Surely you can just import them?

My download has 5 minutes left so I'll post back here when I know for sure.

spoilers ahoy!
    poor sam
    realistic scenario but that was gruesome
    Clem stitching her arm was painful to watch and hear

Kind of reminds me why i only played through TWD once - i doubt i have the heart to watch/play through that again in season 2

Kirby wrote: »
    Even if you don't have it installed, your saved files are surely still there as they sit in a different folder. My Documents/Telltale Games/Walking Dead I think is where they are. Surely you can just import them?

My download has 5 minutes left so I'll post back here when I know for sure.

I have reformatted since then. Steam does save to the cloud for the first season, so I assume downloading it again would do the trick. I didn't bother anyway.

spoilers ahoy!
    poor sam
    realistic scenario but that was gruesome
    Clem stitching her arm was painful to watch and hear

Kind of reminds me why i only played through TWD once - i doubt i have the heart to watch/play through that again in season 2
    Who is Sam?

Well importing the save file is very elegant and easy. I was ready with my saves on hand to copy and paste them to the folder but there is no need. When you start a new game, it automatically scans your hard drive for save files. Very user friendly.
    Who is Sam?
    Sam was the dog.

I played through it there. It was good...I enjoyed it but it definitely has "just warming up" feeling to it. Setting the stage, meeting new characters. Spoilers incoming.
    Seeing O Midget bite the dust so early was definitely the most shocking part of the episode. Bang, and we are off. They didn't take long.

The bit with the dog was heart wrenching alright. Everybody likes dogs and hates to see bad stuff happen to them. They even pretty much commented on it themselves when Luke says that you "shouldn't hurt dogs" which was a nice bit of self commentary on their own tactics by the developers.

None of the 400 days guys showed up yet. We did get a look at Vince from the sneak peek at episode 2 and Clementine see's somebody who she thinks was dead but we don't know who. My guess is Lily.
    There did seem a real lack of hard choices in this one. Everyone is going to mercy kill the dog and even if you don't, it hardly has any impact does it? And everyone is going to help Christa. And everyone is going to pinky swear and be nice to Duckette because she's a bit simple and you need her help.

The percentages back that up. like 90% of people chose all three of those options so I feel they did a bad job of making the player choose and putting them in situations where the choice is hard. These choices were easy. The only semi challenging choice came at the end when clementine has to decide which side of the river to run to and which character to run towards.....and even that seems fairly simple as the old man is already bitten and therefore a goner anyway.

So as I said, a decent start but it could have been better. Episode 1 of the first season was a lot more hard hitting. I'm hoping it really kicks in when episode two rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Argh, Spoiler tags! I'm out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you get a steam code if you got it through telltales website?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As per usual with Telltale, i'll not be getting this till the entire season is out. There's too big a gap in between episodes.

Who is Sam?
    the dog

I just got into the game there. Loaded up the main menu and look to see if it's after loading in my game saves. Nope. Probably because I have an SSD with my OS and have my programs loaded into my HD. Might have to copy and paste them but I'm going to look into it.

• Advertisement

I just got into the game there. Loaded up the main menu and look to see if it's after loading in my game saves. Nope. Probably because I have an SSD with my OS and have my programs loaded into my HD. Might have to copy and paste them but I'm going to look into it.

You have to actually start a new game before it does it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And so the spoiler-text begins. After the emotional roller-coaster that was season 1, I don't think I want to play the second season episodically; I'm not sure I could last, especially as Telltale will likely try to out-do themselves in twisting the knife. So I'm outta here until the last chapter comes out. Enjoy the fun and heartbreak though :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    And so the spoiler-text begins. After the emotional roller-coaster that was season 1, I don't think I want to play the second season episodically; I'm not sure I could last, especially as Telltale will likely try to out-do themselves in twisting the knife. So I'm outta here until the last chapter comes out. Enjoy the fun and heartbreak though :)

Funnily enough, I'm doing it the other way around! I did the last season in one go but this one I'll do episodically.

How often were the episodes released before?

I enjoyed that. Took me about 2 hours or so.
    Some good throwbacks
    DUCK!

The game looks great too. Much smoother animation etc but there's still the jerkiness between scenes/choices that's pretty rampant in Telltale games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone else in the same boat as me whereby you've managed to lose all you previous saves from Season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kiith wrote: »
    As per usual with Telltale, i'll not be getting this till the entire season is out. There's too big a gap in between episodes.

Yep same here, me and the GF like to play about 2 episodes per play so will be waiting till everything is out. When will the final episode be out do you think?

Really hope this is on PSN today!

IGN posted a video, Season 1 in 5 minutes if anyone needs a catch up.

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/640/f21d758328084095198778b25fc20f30-500000-1387315717-w.mp4

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Anyone else in the same boat as me whereby you've managed to lose all you previous saves from Season 1?
    I thought the same. Nothing was showing up in the game saves section and wouldn't met me into see my choices (which I had assumed was from Season 1). You have to go in and attempt to start a game and you'll get asked to import your game saves. and choose which save you want to use.

Episode 1 and Season Pass is now up on the PSN, Yesssss!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/search/q=the%20walking%20dead

Downloading the $hit out of ep 1 and the season pass. Man the DS3 feels crap compared to the DS4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Episode 1 and Season Pass is now up on the PSN, Yesssss!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/search/q=the%20walking%20dead

Downloading the $hit out of ep 1 and the season pass. Man the DS3 feels crap compared to the DS4!

Bought the season pass today. Still not gonna play any episodes until they are all released. I did it for Season 1 and currently on the Wolf among us. Hate waiting and spoilers though so won't be back in this thread for awhile!

Advertisement