Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I read somewhere you can make choices during the prologue like they will give you a scenario that happened in the last 2 games and ask you how it went. I was trying to look up all different things about it but the devs have said loads of times it is completely open to noobs so just gonna relax and give it a lash. Saying that, if I could, I would definitely give 2 a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think i'll have time to play through 2 again, so i'm gonna get a save file that was similar to mine before playing it. The Witcher 2 Nexus page has a load of different options.

PS4 footage here, looks glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Screencaps from yesterday's stream showing equipment and skill tree screens
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/05/check-out-the-witcher-3s-menus-skills-equipment-horse-equipment-and-more-in-several-screencaps/

Here is just 2 of them
    Witcher3Menus-40.jpg

Witcher3Menus-15.jpg

Apparently Green Man Gaming are selling PC codes from an 'Unknown Source'. CD Projeckt Red have said they have not provided GGG with any game codes so CDPR will not get any money from GGG sales.
    "I would kindly ask our fans no to buy via GMG at this time. We had not sold them Keys and don't know the origin of them,"
    If you'd like to buy The Witcher 3 directly from CD Projekt Red, head to the game's GOG.com page here.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's surprisingly dodgy from GMG. They would have been one of the safest key sites as far as i knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kiith wrote: »
    That's surprisingly dodgy from GMG. They would have been one of the safest key sites as far as i knew.

GMG released a statement saying the keys are legit, they sourced them from retailers CDPR had sold too.

IMO it's bad form from CDPR, they released that statement saying they get no revenue from GMG sales, which is untrue, knowing that people would jump to conclusions that the CD keys were dodgy.

Fairly underhanded tactics to try damage your competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is it underhanded tactics or a warning to their fans, though? GMG have said they got them from legit sources but refuse to say where. There's lots of companies selling CD keys, but CDPR only pointed out this one. And they do have a history of looking out for their fans. I'll wait until the back and forth between the two ends, and we might get a clearer picture then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

humanji wrote: »
    Is it underhanded tactics or a warning to their fans, though? GMG have said they got them from legit sources but refuse to say where. There's lots of companies selling CD keys, but CDPR only pointed out this one. And they do have a history of looking out for their fans. I'll wait until the back and forth between the two ends, and we might get a clearer picture then.

CD Projekt Red have always coming across as being a straight up dev team when dealing with there playerbase. GMG refusing to state where they got these "legit keys" comes across as shady as hell.

Now that's an epic trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

12 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Oh I cant wait for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

eleventy days!

It's after getting a Conan Clueless Gamer Review :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Second 970 graphics card in roll on May 19th!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I might cancel my amazon order and go with Argos or symths,working out at the about the same price I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Witcher3-41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Pretty nice poster/ad from Gamestop.. Uncharacteristic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So has anyone pre-ordered at Game?

When do they ship? As in, would I get it on the release date or after?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wing126 wrote: »
    So has anyone pre-ordered at Game?

When do they ship? As in, would I get it on the release date or after?

After I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I have to say I never played any of the previous Witcher games but this looks amazing.
    Where are you guys getting it from? I see Smyths 10euro cheaper than Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just two euro now in the difference between Amazon and Argos now, so going to go with Argos, plus games on Amazon seem to be coming from Switzerland now and taking up to 5-8 days arrive with super saver delivery.

Xenji wrote: »
    Just two euro now in the difference between Amazon and Argos now, so going to go with Argos, plus games on Amazon seem to be coming from Switzerland now and taking up to 5-8 days arrive with super saver delivery.

Where are you seeing it on Argos? the UK site? I'm thinking of cancelling my PSN preorder and getting it in Argos if it will be 60.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing it on Argos? the UK site? I'm thinking of cancelling my PSN preorder and getting it in Argos if it will be 60.

Any new game is about 60-65 in Argos.

Any new game is about 60-65 in Argos.

Ah i thought it was only certain new games they sell for 60 on release but as it's on the uk site for 45 pounds, will surely be 60 euro here.

Can you reserve a copy before release from the argos site?

I read some shops in the middle east have sold the game early, people are talking about the ending online and streaming it through twitch (getting banned if caught though). Careful what yer reading til release.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I read some shops in the middle east have sold the game early, people are talking about the ending online and streaming it through twitch (getting banned if caught though). Careful what yer reading til release.

Saw a couple of said streams on psn today. They were taken down sharpish. Early game stuff but I saw a bit of a cinematic before I switched it off. It contained the wild hunt, surprisingly enough. Really can't wait now!

Can you reserve a copy before release from the argos site?

When it shows up in the site you can reserve it for two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement