Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

Anyone here bought house in Hanson Wood? They don't have a show house to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Gonzo wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it past Supervalu to apply for planning to build a second supervalu within the next 5 years to stop any other supermarket entering the town and keeping their 20 year hold on the town uninterrupted.

They already have applied for planning in late 2015 to update the existing shop, see link. Very little detail on the planning application (surprise, surprise). They have now started this work to give the shop a "facelift" (as they call it).

As I understand it, they are putting a new front entrance (set out about 1 meter from the existing front entrance) and they are expanding the off licence (by about a 1 meter outside the existing building) into the carpark (to the right in this picture), not sure what the plan on the other side of the entrance is yet. The roof of this building is going to be raised up to accommodate this new larger building. I'm unsure how high the roof will be or if they plan to add a second floor over the off licence.

35825974410_d3954e0c5e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Here's how Super Valu looked last weekend

35801176683_ee26e44339_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcasmck

Anyone heard anymore about The Willows Development? Must be launching soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shireboy

mcasmck wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore about The Willows Development? Must be launching soon....

Yes they have already held viewings for the current phase few weeks ago, I know a good few have sold already on this phase, the next phrase I heard is being released in September.

Three beds were going for around 297K and four beds were 340k, heard next phase they would be higher in price but don't know for sure what they will be going for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Any update on The Willows? Site plan, prices etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Any update on The Willows? Site plan, prices etc....

Launching this weekend. From 305k for 3 beds and 345k for 4 beds

Apparently the park and ride train station is adjacent 😂

tara83 wrote: »
    Launching this weekend. From 305k for 3 beds and 345k for 4 beds

Apparently the park and ride train station is adjacent 😂

I see you got the email too, houses look good, improvement on what was there before, very similar to the Hora homes now.

And seen on the brochure it's only 5m to avoca and 15m to blanch, what kinda car are they driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Shireboy wrote: »
    I see you got the email too, houses look good, improvement on what was there before, very similar to the Hora homes now.

And seen on the brochure it's only 5m to avoca and 15m to blanch, what kinda car are they driving!

Blanch is only 15 mins from Dunshaughlin though. Maybe a couple mins more but not much.

I do it every day and takes me 30 minutes but this is at peek times, so I suppose it all depends on the time you leave and obviously the speed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Shireboy wrote: »
    I do it every day and takes me 30 minutes but this is at peek times, so I suppose it all depends on the time you leave and obviously the speed.

Also depends on what part of Blanch you are talking about. Can take 15 mins to get from one part of Blanch to another at peak times! Getting from the village or Clonsilla side of Blanch up to the industrial estates up past the college for example I would imagine could take 15 mins at some times of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trickybrick

Hi All

Has anyone decided to take a house in The Willows? I reserved one of the 4 beds at the weekend. Must say I was very impressed with the style and build of the homes when I went to view last Thursday. Very happy with what I got and in the climate I feel they are good value.

Looking forward to hearing if anyone else made the leap 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Went down for a look myself at the weekend. Lovely homes upstairs were fantastic. Was disappointed with the proximity to the main road. Thought the downstairs living space was quite narrow and cramped too. Back gardens are tiny but sure you get that everywhere no. Really nice homes though all things considered and good value for a 4 bed

MayoSalmon wrote: »

Went down for a look myself at the weekend. Lovely homes upstairs were fantastic. Was disappointed with the proximity to the main road. Thought the downstairs living space was quite narrow and cramped too. Back gardens are tiny but sure you get that everywhere no. Really nice homes though all things considered and good value for a 4 bed

Yeah I thought the upstairs was superb,we must have a good think about how we are going to lay out the kitchen/dining area,looks a bit tight between the Island and the back door to get a dining table.

I'm not too worried about the road noise as I am further to the back,also think the houses are well built and should keep out most noise. Small back gardens seem to be the standard these days,don't think the gardens are anything out of the ordinary. once I can fit a BBQ and a few chairs I'll be happy hehehe.

overall very happy with the price/location and house

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Phelanpeachy

Put a deposit on a house here too. Didn't notice road noise and I was there during rush hour traffic so fingers crossed. Gardens were a decent size too, definitely the best I've seen on the house hunt. Can't wait to move now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruadh40

We put a deposit down on one, we are told they will be completed by November. The roads are not done yet where our house is, are the builders been ambitious?

I was talking to the Vendor and he said they are still looking at November for the houses to be ready. I haven't seen the houses in a couple of weeks but i wasn't expecting them to be ready by November. If the road is not done yet it would take a monumental effort to have all ready by November (i wonder are you on the same row as me). Having said all that I have zero experience in all this so i'm not really basing this on anything other than opinion. Looking forward to getting in there though

We put a deposite down on willow drive. My dad used to be a building contractor and said looking at the estate that it is slim they will be ready in November. Still no road etc. Winter is near the lads will have less natural light to work in, then you add in bad weather and how long it will take ESB and GAS to do each house. Ive lived on a new estate before and it's a nightmare to move in when the place is a building site. If you hear anything please let me know as we are in Dublin so can't pop into the site regular. I'd rather be realistic and feel it will be january/ February before it's ready to rock.

Latest I've been told this week is it'll be December, but i imagine it will be difficult to get moved in Dec even if it was ready. I'm planning for Jan myself

• Advertisement

December would be a nightmare. Furniture store's usually have huge back log as most people buy new couches etc before Christmas.

Getting work men in would be very hard too as most wind down in December. I'd rather January myself.

Can I ask who your contact is when asking how things are going. Are you on the Drive?

Ruadh40 wrote: »
    December would be a nightmare. Furniture store's usually have huge back log as most people buy new couches etc before Christmas.

Getting work men in would be very hard too as most wind down in December. I'd rather January myself.

Can I ask who your contact is when asking how things are going. Are you on the Drive?

Was just in touch with Hooke and Macdonald and they said Dec. I think best info will come from site foreman but I haven't been down there to speak to anyone. I'm on willow close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Looks very quiet on the site today going past, the first row of houses are very close to the road.

Are they going to extend the footpath out as far as the site?

I'm not to sure, your best bet would be to call the agent. By looking at the plans in brochure the estate entrance isn't the one they are using now, It's fown the road. I hope there won't be traffic jams in the morning with school run lol looks like only 1 way in and out

Anyone else very disappointed with the floor plan of the 4 bed corner houses?
    Has no island, the utility room is behind the sitting room wall and It has no walk in wardrobe 😑

The latest I have heard (about Willow Drive) is that they will be ready in November and move in December. For me, this means they are not going to be built until Mid November but im not holding out much hope either. My prediction would be January before we are in there. Its quite frustrating at the moment because the site is closed for viewings and on top of that, I have no measurements for any of the rooms so we can't really make any early calls on furniture etc. 
    With regards the entrance / exit, there is supposed to be an entrance from a new side road but if there is going to be over 100 houses when all is finished they should really be looking at another entrance from the opposite side or from the main road. The builders have to pay a sum of money per entrance they put in so it just depends if they have the appetite for it........which i doubt

We have been told completion date is January for ours. We have no sizes for anything either. The blinds will need to be the first thing I'll want. I wonder has anyone else in the 4 bed corner ones had a surprise with the lay out. No island no walk in wardrobe utility room in an awkward place.

We have been told completion date is January for ours. We have no sizes for anything either. The blinds will need to be the first thing I'll want. I wonder has anyone else in the 4 bed corner ones had a surprise with the lay out. No island no walk in wardrobe utility room in an awkward place.

Checking with solicitor on the walk in wardrobe and island as I was told they would be included but they are not in the plans. Hoping it's just outdated plans. Happy with the layout of everything else

How did you get on with the solicitor? We Definitely haven't got an island or a walk in wardrobe,. This was a selling promised. I Feel really cheated. I know I was told the house layout would be slightly different, but no island and no walk in wardrobe!! We are paying 380k for less extras than the 4 bed mid terrace!

• Advertisement

How did you get on with the solicitor? We Definitely haven't got an island or a walk in wardrobe,. This was a selling promised. I Feel really cheated. I know I was told the house layout would be slightly different, but no island and no walk in wardrobe!! We are paying 380k for less extras than the 4 bed mid terrace!

Really, did they have any explanation as to why there won't be an island and walk in wardrobe? I was told kitchen and 1st and 2nd floor will be as per showhouse. Solicitor has asked theirs about it and still waiting to hear back.

Advertisement