Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

What is the food like in Templemore actually? I'm a veggie, so a little concerned! :-P

Me too! I love my Quorn food, but not too fussed on fancy vegetable food. As long as there are potatoes, chips and beans I'll be a happy man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Non responses to what?? It's not like they've been contacting us!

Possibly health checks and tests. It's just a rumour I heard. Low take up and attendances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Twas Not wrote: »
    Possibly health checks and tests. It's just a rumour I heard. Low take up and attendances

Well there were all but one in attendance on the day of my physical, and he had notified them and postponed.

I find it hard to believe so many people would come that far then drop out at stage 5.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Well there were all but one in attendance on the day of my physical, and he had notified them and postponed.

I find it hard to believe so many people would come that far then drop out at stage 5.

Who knows? Ireland has been a strange place the last 14 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't believe that for a minute

• Advertisement

Who knows? Ireland has been a strange place the last 14 years.

????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Anyone hear anything about repeat dates for the physichal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

The day of my medical, two of five of us failed that I know of. The day of the PCT, 2 of 10 in my group failed. All of whom were above me in the order of merit. I also know of one who took another job instead. It's happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

ID love to hear something from HR - anything

The day of my medical, two of five of us failed that I know of. The day of the PCT, 2 of 10 in my group failed. All of whom were above me in the order of merit. I also know of one who took another job instead. It's happening!

Are you sure it was a fail. It was the same in my group of 5. Two out of the five of us didn't pass. But these were deferrals, rather than fails.

• Advertisement

It's only a rumour I heard. But I do know a mate whose brother dropped out when he got a job paying 10k more.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

It's only a rumour I heard. But I do know a mate whose brother dropped out when he got a job paying 10k more.

People will drop out, defer and fail. to cater for this HR are preparing in excess of the initial 100 people in the order of merit.

Id say if you are in the 140's and you have everything complete you may be in with a shout for the first class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Annual Report was published today if anyone wants some interesting reading while we wait for emails.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=13705

An bhfuil duine ar bith agaibh anseo ag dul isteach sa tsraith Gaeilge? An bhfuil a fhios agaibh cá mhéad duine a bheidh ag dul isteach? Ba mhaith liom fáil amach líon na spásanna atá ar fáil sa tsraith Béarla.

Are any of you going into the Irish stream? How many are going in? I am just trying to figure out how many places out of the 100 will be allocated to us in the English stream.

Go raibh maith agaibh / Thanks

An bhfuil duine ar bith agaibh anseo ag dul isteach sa tsraith Gaeilge? An bhfuil a fhios agaibh cá mhéad duine a bheidh ag dul isteach? Ba mhaith liom fáil amach líon na spásanna atá ar fáil sa tsraith Béarla.

Are any of you going into the Irish stream? How many are going in? I am just trying to figure out how many places out of the 100 will be allocated to us in the English stream.

Go raibh maith agaibh / Thanks

I heard that there were 33 three going in. 11 in each intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

My understanding is that no-one will be getting any offer until the Physical tests are done next week. Was up for a medical yesterday and spoke to HR after. Was told that they had already put approx 200 through medicals, physicals and vetting and they still hadn't filled the first intake. That's why we were called at short notice. x amount failed the medical, x amount failed the physical and x amount of peoples vetting hasn't returned clear enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

mickaleen wrote: »
    My understanding is that no-one will be getting any offer until the Physical tests are done next week. Was up for a medical yesterday and spoke to HR after. Was told that they had already put approx 200 through medicals, physicals and vetting and they still hadn't filled the first intake. That's why we were called at short notice. x amount failed the medical, x amount failed the physical and x amount of peoples vetting hasn't returned clear enough.

Thanks for the info. Amazing that so many failed. When is your physical?

Monday morning 9am. I think that's the only day it is on but couldn't stand over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Monday morning 9am. I think that's the only day it is on but couldn't stand over that.

Good stuff - hopefully it is the only day and we should all hear by end of next week. Best of luck Monday!

Thanks.

• Advertisement

What exactly is involved with vetting? How can you be failed? There seems to be a lot of talkung about this vetting process. I take it uf you had failed the vetting they would have contacted you by now. Or if information was lacking I'm sure they would have requested additional information? Anyone experienced this?

What exactly is involved with vetting? How can you be failed? There seems to be a lot of talkung about this vetting process. I take it uf you had failed the vetting they would have contacted you by now. Or if information was lacking I'm sure they would have requested additional information? Anyone experienced this?

No one said people failed the vetting, just that some of the vetting came back unclear, which to me would mean it will take abit longer to come back. Don't misquote me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Rothmans wrote: »
    I heard that there were 33 three going in. 11 in each intake.

Would also go with about this number. I know someone in and around 30 in the Irish stream and he/she has been called in for everything at this stage. Up to 30 have been interviewed, tested, passed medically/physically fit, met supers etc.

No one said people failed the vetting, just that some of the vetting came back unclear, which to me would mean it will take abit longer to come back. Don't misquote me please.

Please tell me where in my statement I misquoted you. Where did I say that people failed? You misquoted me in fact. You''ll need to work on that skill if you are reading people's statements. It is important that you dont allow yourself to make your own inferences based on what people have said. Stick to the facts and what has been said only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Alright, move on please

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Alright, move on please

Nothing to see here

Shows over

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Scouser wrote: »
    Nothing to see here

Shows over

Give them a Sec 8 Direction

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Give them a Sec 8 Direction

a quiet word usually works ;) good Polis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Please tell me where in my statement I misquoted you. Where did I say that people failed? You misquoted me in fact. You''ll need to work on that skill if you are reading people's statements. It is important that you dont allow yourself to make your own inferences based on what people have said. Stick to the facts and what has been said only.

Wow
    Exactly what we need!

Advertisement