Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Are you using the DSFix mod/file currently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lautrec and O&S finally beaten last night, great to get that out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow the view after Sen's!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Harps wrote: »
    Lautrec and O&S finally beaten last night, great to get that out of the way.

Did u summon help with your Donegal broadband? :P

Just about, the first time I did it I was just after starting the fight and the connection dropped so it booted me back to the start screen, thats been the problem all week. Gave it another shot and it lasted long enough to get the fight finished, had Solaire and another player so it was simple enough

Any suggestions on where to go next? The big snake thing in Firelink Shrine gave me a list of bosses I have to kill now but think I'll try the painting in Anor Londo first

• Advertisement

Just about, the first time I did it I was just after starting the fight and the connection dropped so it booted me back to the start screen, thats been the problem all week. Gave it another shot and it lasted long enough to get the fight finished, had Solaire and another player so it was simple enough

Any suggestions on where to go next? The big snake thing in Firelink Shrine gave me a list of bosses I have to kill now but think I'll try the painting in Anor Londo first

Yeah go for the painted World of Ariamis then I would maybe try to head for the Ash Lake, still much ahead of you young warrior! :)

Just saw that painting myself and was tempted to see what that dolly I got ages ago was for, decided against it as i don't think you can get back too easily.

Is it worth spending time being summoned in Ardo Londo?

calex71 wrote: »

If you mean people summoning you, yeah to help them fight Smough and Ornstein to get lots of souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

calex71 wrote: »
    Just saw that painting myself and was tempted to see what that dolly I got ages ago was for, decided against it as i don't think you can get back too easily.

Painted world is a one way trip, but its probably the best 'level' in the game.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Painted world is a one way trip, but its probably the best 'level' in the game.

Mine too, and the Xanthous Crown you get there is the best looking piece of headgear in the game! :p

• Advertisement

Nah nothing neats the egg head from the guys in demon ruins :D

weiland79 wrote: »
    Had another go at Stray Demon last night. It went slightly better than last time but his magic fart gas is killing me. I have the Wolf ring equipped for poise and the Crest shield and my Katana plus 14 which is doing good damage but every time he does the fart thing he knocks me on my ass.
    I probably need to upgrade the shield. Is there anything i can put on the sword that will help?

Just beat him on my first attempt totally unprepared! Was walking along with only half my health and dropped into the hole but my +10 Iaito made short work of him, get three hits off every time and it takes a big chunk of his health off then just roll back

Isn't the Demons fart Fire Based? I always thought it was and used to head into the fight with the fire ring (the red one) and the dragon shield. Could be wrong but if it is fire based the Crest Shield is a bad choice :)

I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

im nearly sure it was magic based
    crest shield best shield for using against his fart attack :D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    im nearly sure it was magic based
    crest shield best shield for using against his fart attack :D

Just do what I tell my wife "move out of the way then!"

All this talk of fire based farts has given me the want for an indian take away for dinner :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fart is definitely magic based. I'd murder a Jalfrezi right now though.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Egg, Onion and Broccoli Curry then take on the Stray Demon 6 hours later to make the game more immersive!

Mickeroo wrote: »

awesome. explains why its been such a pain in the arse even at high levels for me :D
    If you stay to the left (his left) and behind him, you can see and dodge every attack he has. By fighting him there he tends to only butt slam and do that ground pound attack. Good to know its magic based.

Anyone on xbox around lvl 57?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just beat him on my first attempt totally unprepared! Was walking along with only half my health and dropped into the hole but my +10 Iaito made short work of him, get three hits off every time and it takes a big chunk of his health off then just roll back

Seriously Harps

First you're like " Oh the two archers shooting down on you in Anor Londo"?
    "Yeah i breezed past them"

And then you're like

"Stray Demon?"
    "Pfffft....... Barely even noticed he was there"

I'm beginning not to like you;)

Seriously Harps

And then you're like

"Stray Demon?"

Ha I know how he feels, literally just got past those 2 archers myself after who knows how many times, and in the end it was a breeze for me too. Thats why I was looking for help earlier too.

Kept being invaded wasted all my humanity, in the end it was as simple as being aggressive and running right up and getting in the race of the one on the right so he fell to his doom !!!!! :)

Currently sat toasting marshmallows at the conveniently located fire :pac:

Seriously Harps

And then you're like

"Stray Demon?"

And yet I spent a full week stuck on Lautrec, strange how the game works!

My strategy was simply run in and hit him three times for a critical hit then retreat and wait for his magic gas thing, then run back in and repeat. When I was right next to him he couldn't hit me with his hammer so all I had to do was quickly retreat every time he went for the gas attack

The painted world seems easy enough so far, the toxic things and the spinning skeletons were annoying but all that cleared now so I'm about to face the dragon on the bridge

I'm about to face the dragon on the bridge

Now he was easy

(hope it takes ye another week):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

And yet I spent a full week stuck on Lautrec, strange how the game works!

My strategy was simply run in and hit him three times for a critical hit then retreat and wait for his magic gas thing, then run back in and repeat. When I was right next to him he couldn't hit me with his hammer so all I had to do was quickly retreat every time he went for the gas attack

The painted world seems easy enough so far, the toxic things and the spinning skeletons were annoying but all that cleared now so I'm about to face the dragon on the bridge

spells or arrows, very easy fight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    spells or arrows, very easy fight :P

Pew, pew, pew

cheap but effective!

I think I'm gonna make my next character an archer and see how far I get - it should be interesting

Now he was easy

(hope it takes ye another week):D

Well lucky for you I have no arrows and no spells so its proving more difficult that it should be. Weather was too good to be stuck inside today so I only gave it a few quick tries but didn't even come close to beating him yet

Edit: Actually, just beat him on my first attempt tonight, simple :pac:

Well lucky for you I have no arrows and no spells so its proving more difficult that it should be. Weather was too good to be stuck inside today so I only gave it a few quick tries but didn't even come close to beating him yet

Edit: Actually, just beat him on my first attempt tonight, simple :pac:

Well done:D

I'm still stuck on stray, hate him hate him hate him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Well done:D

I'm still stuck on stray, hate him hate him hate him

He doesn't drop anything and you don't need to kill him so I wouldn't bother with him if you're finishing it that difficult. If its a point of pride come back after you're stronger. Sometimes you just cannot beat a boss at certain levels, you're shield needs to be able to block, take more than one hit etc..

• Advertisement

Got Him!!!

Advertisement