Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grimebox wrote: »
    I think I have one of those swords. I accidentally attacked and then subsequently killed the merchant in Undead Burg and he dropped it.

Yep its this one: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Uchigatana

So should I just level it up rather than killing the dragon? Killing the dragon like that sounds very cheap and time consuming

Yeah definitely level it up. It's no harm getting the drake sword if you want to be a completionist too.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    I had two attempts at the Stray Demon Last night.

It did not end well.

Not leaving tonight until i kill the fat baztard.
    I need the slab to finish my long sword.

If you have any weapons with bleed effect (again, Iaito/Uchigatana are good) he's quite weak to that. Try and basically stay by his arse and hack and slash away, some attacks will still hit you there but won't be as strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

I had two attempts at the Stray Demon Last night.

It did not end well.

Not leaving tonight until i kill the fat baztard.
    I need the slab to finish my long sword.

I hate that fat ####ard - I figured out on my first run through how to kill him easily but then subsequently lost my memory on how to do it... it had something to do with getting a certain distance then running straight for him but diving out of the way at the last second - hardest boss in the game if you ask me. Every time he wants to kill you he can apparently just bang his hammer twice off the wall. If you have a tank build and use the high dfence pyromancy spell you can go toe to toe with him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

is it worth going the chaos blade route with Iaito or the other one?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    is it worth going the chaos blade route with Iaito or the other one?

I actually think standard ascension is the best way to go. Maybe go standard with one and chaos with the other? Apparently lightning is the most powerful but I still found Iaito better at +15 than when I ascended one to +10 lightning in NG+. It could have been a case of not using the lighning one in the right situations though I suppose.

I think i mentioned earlier that i unintentionally aggro'd Quelaana of Izalith in the swamp, while swatting flies I hit her once she did not attact but wasn't happy, now she's gone and I picked up a fire tempest where she was sitting, earlier I noticed her up and about walking around. but was busy with something else.

Does she more or is she gone for good? I wanted to hear about bed of chaos and get pyro's from her :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Them ****ing Gargoyles. What are you supposed to do when the second one jumps out? They seem to get me from both sides almost instantly or else whenever I wait for an opening to attack, the second one catches me. Its extremely frustrating. I have my sword up to +4 and added lighting so I'm doing around 150 damage per hit and its still too hard. Suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Have you summoned Solaire of Astora for the fight? It makes it easy but you should be able to beat them solo with practice.

Them ****ing Gargoyles. What are you supposed to do when the second one jumps out? They seem to get me from both sides almost instantly or else whenever I wait for an opening to attack, the second one catches me. Its extremely frustrating. I have my sword up to +4 and added lighting so I'm doing around 150 damage per hit and its still too hard. Suggestions?

Do what I did summon in some help !!!!! Go human and you will see makers for summoning. Fella I got went all rambo on them :D You can summon some NPC's near the last ladder before the fog door too. Why do it alone when you can have help.

Riiiight. You're gonna have to explain that a little better. Go human...? I lost all my humanity by dying on the way back to the boss. I used the summon thing once and some guy just invaded and killed me :o I don't think I'm doing it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Have you summoned anyone? I found it impossible by myself but once I got Solaire's help it was simple. Just block their attacks and try to get behind to attack their tails

Edit: Too slow..

Put down a sign near the fog wall using the White Soapstone, you can be summoned into someone elses game then and help them beat the boss. It'll get you some practice and you earn humanity every time you win.

When at a bonfire there's an option to reverse humanity, do that and you can then summon Solaire to help with the fight

• Advertisement

How do I summon solaire?

http://www.realsg.com/2011/10/dark-souls-ultimate-guide-to-summoning.html

You need to be in human form.
    You can summon a real player or a npc like Solaire of Astora if you play offline or there is no one available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Once you're human you'll see his summon sign on the floor sign beside the fog door to the boss, its in white writing. Just go up to it and it'll give you the option to summon him

Harps wrote: »
    Once you're human you'll see his summon sign on the floor sign beside the fog door to the boss, its in white writing. Just go up to it and it'll give you the option to summon him

I was human for a while and didn't see anything like that...

I was human for a while and didn't see anything like that...

Did u check near the entrance to boss fights?

It's been ages since I have played but I think you may have to find solaire to enable jolly co-operation!

I did it!

As in, I summoned some guy; he fired a few lightning bolts and did it for me!

Can you only summon right before the fog doors or can you do it anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Need a little Geography lesson. Im looking for Shiva of the east in Blighttown i've gone past the first bonfire and am just about to head down into the swamp have i gone too far?

found him is there anything apart from the katana and ring i should be buying off him?

I think i mentioned earlier that i unintentionally aggro'd Quelaana of Izalith in the swamp, while swatting flies I hit her once she did not attact but wasn't happy, now she's gone and I picked up a fire tempest where she was sitting, earlier I noticed her up and about walking around. but was busy with something else.

Does she more or is she gone for good? I wanted to hear about bed of chaos and get pyro's from her :(

I think you know the answer to this ;)

Drake sword and you're probably being too impatient - try and chop off the tail of the first one before the second one hops out. Then the important thing in this and every boss battle in demon's souls its not about killing the boss its abour taking as little damage as possible and dealing a small bit of damage when possible. Patience is the key for the whole game!

I think if you get absolution from the guy in the church you should be fine? Maybe check her wiki to make sure.

• Advertisement

MOC88 wrote: »
    I think you know the answer to this ;)

Well no I'm doubly f'd for getting all the pyros so , I spoke with the other guy in firelink after picking up the tempest she left, and now it turns out after some wiki goodness that he had 2 that can't be got from the others .... praise the sun :mad:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think if you get absolution from the guy in the church you should be fine? Maybe check her wiki to make sure.

Nothing concrete on the wiki, can NPCs die or enter combat with say those boulder chucker guys near her? She may have been fighting those last I saw of her.

My experience with the hydra makes me think this is possible when i used it's attacks to take out the crystal goons.

Nothing concrete on the wiki, can NPCs die or enter combat with say those boulder chucker guys near her? She may have been fighting those last I saw of her.

My experience with the hydra makes me think this is possible when i used it's attacks to take out the crystal goons.

They can definitely die, last thing I did before I faught the last boss was murder most of them to get their gear :D

I don't know if the computer can kill them though, but at the same time it probably can when you consider what game we're talking about.

I seem to vaguely remember her getting up when I was fighting those ogres, don't know if she attacked them or anything but the next time I came back she was sitting in her usual spot and everything was fine.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They can definitely die, last thing I did before I faught the last boss was murder most of them to get their gear :D

I don't know if the computer can kill them though, but at the same time it probably can when you consider what game we're talking about.

I seem to vaguely remember her getting up when I was fighting those ogres, don't know if she attacked them or anything but the next time I came back she was sitting in her usual spot and everything was fine.

ah I've resigned to getting that stuff in ng+ so screw it

ah I've resigned to getting that stuff in ng+ so screw it

Yeah, it's handy that way. NG+ is also much quicker too, I was most of the way through Anor Londo within a couple of hours in NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Had another go at Stray Demon last night. It went slightly better than last time but his magic fart gas is killing me. I have the Wolf ring equipped for poise and the Crest shield and my Katana plus 14 which is doing good damage but every time he does the fart thing he knocks me on my ass.
    I probably need to upgrade the shield. Is there anything i can put on the sword that will help?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Had another go at Stray Demon last night. It went slightly better than last time but his magic fart gas is killing me. I have the Wolf ring equipped for poise and the Crest shield and my Katana plus 14 which is doing good damage but every time he does the fart thing he knocks me on my ass.
    I probably need to upgrade the shield. Is there anything i can put on the sword that will help?

I found pyromancy helped me when I fought him last. But the best advice is to just avoid his attacks totally, cos one hit and you're toast. When he charges his super attack (two hands on the staff, raising it in the air), get behind him, and be far enough away that you're not affected (be at least a tail length behind him.) Once the explosion is dissipating, rush in for a couple of quick hits, then rinse and repeat.

If you keep consistently behind him, this and the flying belly slam are the only two attacks he'll spam.

Sometimes you just get so lucky !!!!! Was in Sen's Fortress no Estus left and about a centimeter of health got set on fire by a cannon ball???? and rolled off an edge accidentally landing on a bonfire :D

Does anyone know of any mods for the PC version to fix the framerate? Apparently I'm barely using my GPU and getting frame lag often enough. Its a good game but I can't believe such shoddy ports are still getting released these days. The mouse pointer is still present on the screen too. What a joke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

press f7 to hide the mouse pointer

Advertisement