Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Why did they ever take it away, WTF CAPCOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I don't get that air tatsu change, can someone explain it to me in a dumb kid kind of way :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Depending on when you perform the tatsu during your jump you get different movement properties on the air tatsu.

Basically the change means you can perform a cross up air tatsu 3 frames earlier than you could in AE and not get the floaty almost vertical one thats highly punishable (the one that was introduced in AE to prevent runaway coward coptor).

Minor buff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll just get rid of this as Azza explanation is a lot better and makes more sense.

Apparantly blowback means a juggle state.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

I think the Ryu changes are really interesting to be honest. Pretty sure Orim is right about the Air Tatsu, that it might be again possible to use the 'coward copter' but without the full screen unpunishable crap that was in super, do it right and you'll be fine, though not totally out of pressure (maybe some OS's would be required to punish) or do it wrong and you get floaty tatsu and get punished big time. Essentially the old air tatsu comes out 3 frames earlier than before, that's what i got from it anyway.

Depending on how the damage scales on U2 it could be really useful, 50-100 extra damage could make all the difference, especially against low health chars like Yun, Seth and Akuma. Plus it as it's only 3 hits the opponents super wouldn't go up as much. It probably won't be used much more than it is now because of how useful U1 is but it's possible that this could work out really well for Ryu players, anti-airing dive kicks and burn kicks, more options ftw. It is so sad watching Air playing now and seeing him get bodied for free by other pros. I don't play Ryu but no one want's to see any char in the game be redundant.

Azza wrote: »
    Apparantly blowback means a juggle state.

Just wondering where that's from? Becuase I'm seeing a few contradictory explanations and theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I assume blowback means you simply push the other character back but I may be wrong seems to make the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

It was also on the ae dev blog. Zangief green hands lose blowback. So it means a techable knockdown

Zangief has no business having ex.green hand knock down with his current jab spd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I want Rose to be able to combo into Ultra 1. Leave U2 the way it is, it's useless to me and most other Rose players now.

Maybe Cr.HP to come out a little faster.

Meter gain from super.

That'll keep me happy.

e2a: Also, Juri's U2 to have a bigger hitbox that connects on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Zangief has no business having ex.green hand knock down with his current jab spd.

I'd happily have them swapped back.

Yeah I wouldn't have a problem with one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

Kirby wrote: »
    Ooh. I can see some Yoga blast>Yoga Flame>Super being quite tasty. I like this change.

So the hitbox is still poor it seems but they have reduced sims hurtbox for the move. Might make it trade less which is good.

Hopefully more to come. More damage on Back MK would be nice. hoping for that.

Not sure how useful that would be kirby since the startup and recovery on normal versions of the blast are very slow. You can't really react to a jumpin with a normal blast, just ex. Would be amazing if ex blast comboed to bk hk or even U1 to stuff those unsafe jumpins on top of your head which usually trade. Give him his 3 frame back light kick back and make it combo into flame! I really want to punish balrog's rush overhead or honda's butt splash on block!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Vega is basically turning back into his super version, but not as good. big whoop.

U2 is generally the better ultra, and if it's back to it's old start up, that would be a well deserved "buff"

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I hope they don't nerf viper's stun as I just stunned someone 0-950 in exactly 2 seconds and that's probably the most bs thing I've ever seen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/23/part-2-ssf4-ae-v2012-changes-japanese-dev-team/

Disappointed with the Sakura changes, I was hoping for a faster fireball and a better sweep, but at least the hitconfirm ex tatsu will work on everyone. Ex hadoken damage is welcome because I use that a lot. I just hope she doesn't return to "Super" status, outmatched by 80% of cast.

Rose changes are good so far. She's finally got the real soul Piede back which will make the Zangief match up a lot less of a headache. More meter gain from spark is good. Better cl.mk. Not gonna say too much about U2 until I get a chance to use it.

Still got my fingers crossed for hp reflect into U1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am disappointed by the lack of rhythm in this latest update

• Advertisement

Yesterdays changes made me happy...today's made me quite annoyed. Glad to see what they done for Rufus, Fei, Rose and Abel, get the feeling Gouken is going to be the new scrub weapon of choice, Gen could get very scary...can't believe they gave Seth more combos...what the hell were the thinking. Delighted for the changes they made to Fei and Rose.

Poor Akuma though :( I know Akuma is very high tier in AE but i never thought of him as broken, maybe i was never on the wrong end of a bad matchup with him but he seemed like the most balanced of all the Top 10.

That 'buff' for Cammy is laughable, turtle-rogs and Bisons are still unbeatable. Sakura's changes are decent but he fireball still sucks too much to make it a viable zoning tool. Nice for the EX Fireball buff but i can hardly see it being worth more to finish a combo with EX Fireball than EX Shouken.

Seth for S-tier then...sure why not, not like he places in tourna...

Oh god.. Akuma forward throw nerfed, wasn't rly necessary tbh, oh well.... Did cammy get back her rh tkcs?

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Oh god.. Akuma forward throw nerfed, wasn't rly necessary tbh, oh well.... Did cammy get back her rh tkcs?

Lol i guess you mean rh cs and not tk? Yea she got that back but what's the point, holding down back blocks pretty much everything she does apart from throws. Sako pretty much developed Cammy's playstyle and even he doesn't play her anymore. To me putting back in the RH CS is the equivelent of polishing a turd. Give her something...an overhead, another cross-up that isn't insanely hard to land, a way to get in on fireball chars that isn't punishable by reaction DP...TKCS was a broken move but if they had removed just the TK part and let her do it as close to the ground as possible then she might still have a chance...

aeonfusion wrote: »
    Lol i guess you mean rh cs and not tk? Yea she got that back but what's the point, holding down back blocks pretty much everything she does apart from throws. Sako pretty much developed Cammy's playstyle and even he doesn't play her anymore. To me putting back in the RH CS is the equivelent of polishing a turd. Give her something...an overhead, another cross-up that isn't insanely hard to land, a way to get in on fireball chars that isn't punishable by reaction DP...TKCS was a broken move but if they had removed just the TK part and let her do it as close to the ground as possible then she might still have a chance...

Maybe it's just me but what? Especially the bolded part.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »

I think he means rather than use the shortcut motion that cammy could do uf, d, db, b + k motion which also did a cannon strike but not quite as low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Neeknak wrote: »
    Still got my fingers crossed for hp reflect into U1.
    That'd be so friggin gdlk.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »

Exactly what Doom said, at the moment you can't do a cannon spike on the lower 1/3rd of her jump arc which makes it almost useless as a mixup because the other player can see and react to whether you do a CS or a cross up, if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTf8A9eoas you'll see what i mean. Rounds 2 and 3 all balrog does is block and counter which is more than enough to beat her convincingly...she has no way in

aeonfusion wrote:
    Poor Akuma though I know Akuma is very high tier in AE but i never thought of him as broken, maybe i was never on the wrong end of a bad matchup with him but he seemed like the most balanced of all the Top 10.

That 'buff' for Cammy is laughable, turtle-rogs and Bisons are still unbeatable. Sakura's changes are decent but he fireball still sucks too much to make it a viable zoning tool. Nice for the EX Fireball buff but i can hardly see it being worth more to finish a combo with EX Fireball than EX Shouken.

What exactly does 2 frame more recovery on Akuma's forward throw make it so bad for him. He loose some set ups for demon flip. ?

Can't speak for Rog but Bison is at worse 5:5 for Cammy now. Get Cobelcog to show you how she's played. TKCS was stupid good up close. It deserved to go. She's still good up close. Just not as godly as she was.

As for Sakura she does not deserve a good zoning game. Her up close game is excellent as it stands. Massive come back potential off 1 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Can I ask what might be a stupid question - Are those changes likely to be the only ones considered or would they be looking at more? I know you can't really know that, but opinions?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Can I ask what might be a stupid question - Are those changes likely to be the only ones considered or would they be looking at more? I know you can't really know that, but opinions?

I think probably the reason they're posting the changes in advance of the loc tests (which is different from their "Figure it out yourselves bitches" attitude they've had before) are to have the shortest amount of time between start of loc tests and a finished version.

Dunno what the procedure for Capcom to gauge love/hatred of the changes though, which is the basis of your question. :confused:

Apparently in the original Super loc tests for Deejay, EX Sobat crumpled, and MK/HK sobat knocked down.

Dunno what vile miscreants complained about that, but it was obviously removed before the final version. :mad:

The developers blogs do not list all changes.

Like in the last blog the developers mentioned nothing about getting counterhit on recovery from sonic boom, Scissor Kick getting less stun or ochio throw doing less damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Abel gets his crouch fierce fixed and troll u2 back.

Really all I wanted was his original rolls back. Curious to see if the change to second hit low of Cod change is any use.

I dunno if it's just people getting confused because of the start up nerf but plenty of people on SRK say Guile's air throw range was nerfed in AE too.

What exactly does 2 frame more recovery on Akuma's forward throw make it so bad for him. He loose some set ups for demon flip. ?

I only really play him for fun but i never saw him as overpowered, maybe he would have been overpowered in 2012 if left untouched. As i already said, any char i play a lot has a decent matchup against Akuma so i probably never seen the properly crazy side of his vortex game.
    Can't speak for Rog but Bison is at worse 5:5 for Cammy now. Get Cobelcog to show you how she's played. TKCS was stupid good up close. It deserved to go. She's still good up close. Just not as godly as she was.

Totally agree, TKCS was very very broken and needed to go, still say she is boarderline terrible right now.
    As for Sakura she does not deserve a good zoning game. Her up close game is excellent as it stands. Massive come back potential off 1 hit.

Lol...can't aruge with that :P

The developers blogs do not list all changes.

Like in the last blog the developers mentioned nothing about getting counterhit on recovery from sonic boom, Scissor Kick getting less stun or ochio throw doing less damage.

Hopefully in this situation they will though, as I've heard it remarked they're being uncharacteristically forthcoming at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

Originally Posted by Azza viewpost.gif

Apparently he will lose a few safe jump set ups off this; one regarding bison:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It seems they listened to the people on srk about Gouken's palms (and mp to cr hp comboes). Can't say I'm entirely satisfied though, catching someone with that hp palm after a fireball juggle was very satisfying and damaging. Mp palm just doesn't have the same slap factor. The other changes are all very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Forward throw for akuma is everything, he gets all his set ups off it. Forward throw double dash jump is a 5 frame safe jump on most of the cast.

He also loses unblockables which in truth he wont because they will find another set up for them. Its all about frames when ya jump for the unblockable. So forward throw double dash jump mk in the corner vs a few characters was unblockable. Now it will just be forward throw one dash then a normal to make up for the frame changes to be UB.

Demon flip palm change is a huge nerf. Everyone just block low when ya see a demon flip. Palm not being an overhead is a joke. They could have gave it more active frames if anything. Demon palm was the reason why vortex was so good, made people stand when they seen a demon flip now its useless. He will probably.
    Demon flip grab whiffs a lot on crouchers.
    Dont know why they did this

The Hound wrote: »
    Dont know why they did this

They heard about you and want you to play Sagat.

They really should just call this "street fighter: apology edition"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Part 3 of the changes just came out with the rest of the characters.

The big one from it so far is that Hakan now starts every round oiled up!:eek:

Edit: Changes for Yun

Yun

• Target Combo 2 120 damage

• Target Combo 3 120 damage

• Target Combo 4 130 damage, -6 on block for second hit

• Target Combo 5 70 damage

• cr.LK has an upward extended hurtbox

• cr.MP damage from 60 to 50

• Higher high restriction for Raigekishu (dive kick), for LK, MK, and HK (all versions)

• +2 extra frames of hit, block stun on Raigekishu

• Senpukyaku (i'm assuming overhead) from 85 damage to 80 during Gen'ei Jin

• LK, MK, HK Zenpou Tenshin slowed to 11F, EX to 8F

• No throw invincibility on EX Zenpou

• EX Zesshou (lunge) hit distribution changed from 7/2 to 6/3, -1 on block

• MP, HP Kobokushi (palm) meter gain to +20

• LP Koboku is 25 frames total, MP, HP 45 frames total

• MP, HP Koboku damage from 160 to 140, stun from 250 to 200; chip damage for MP, HP to 30

• Active frames for MP, HP Koboku to 10

• Nishoukyaku (up kicks): LK only has invincibility up (and including) the first active frame

• More landing recovery on all versions (including EX)

• MK Nishou from 130 damage to 110

• Tetsuzanko (shoulder): HP damage from 140 to 100, EX from 80+70 to 90+40 (130 total); during the projectile invincible parts of the move, Yun's hurtbox against physical strikes is expanded

• Gen'ei Jin is a second shorter, does less damage

Its beautiful, isn't it? :D

Edit 2: Holy crap, Shokashi and ladnaponka (SP? ) are going to be delighted with the massive buffs Cody has gotten

Edit 3: Meanwhile my main has gotten some interesting changes, particularly to her U1

Juri

• Faster dash during Feng Shui Engine (UC1), further reach

• cl.MK 2nd hit has a larger hitbox, less likely to whiff when the 1st hits

• Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters (when crouching, etc.)

• Fuhajin (fireball) kick attack damage to 50

• Senpusha (pinwheel): LK is has 5F extra advantage on first hit; MK, HK have 5F extra advantage on 1st, 2nd hit; EX has 5F extra advantage on 2nd hit.

• Senpusha ? FADC ? Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) now possible

• EX Senpusha has an extra frame of invincibility during Feng Shui Engine for the first hit

• EX Shikusen (dive kick) trajectory can be changed by the kick buttons used during Feng Shui

• LK+MK: same trajectory as before; MK+HK: same as normal MK version, LK+HK: same as normal HK version; LK+MK+HK has the same trajectory as before

• Juri now gains 1/3 meter during Feng Shui Engine, improved from no meter gain

Tbh, I'm underwhelmed, sure there are some nice changes but its basically means I'm going to go out of my comfort zone that is U2 and start learning Ultra 1 to get the most of the changes.

• Advertisement

All my characters are looking good in this version. Rose, Evil Ryu and Juri are getting some great stuff. Sagat only has one buff so far but no nerfs so I'm not going to complain.

I'm so used to being shafted with each update to the game that I'm not sure how to react. Perhaps through interpretive dance?

Here's a link for those not just interested in Misty's characters :D

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/24/part-3-ssf4-arcade-edition-v2012-changes-dev-team/

Just looked at Yuns so far but I think he's been hit a bit too hard with the nerfstick.

EDIT : After the Akuma tears yesterday I was hoping for SRK to be blown up by the yun army in revolt but they seem to have taken it in good grace. I'm shocked. I mean yes he was massively good but that is a real beat down to my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

WoW, Cody got some nice stuff.

Dee Jay

• His Far Standing Medium Punch is now special cancelable.

• The amount of time that a "Counter Hit" can be registered on Dee Jay after he fires an Air Slasher has been decreased.

• Double Rolling Sobat (Dread Kicks) got a damage increase. Light 80 -> 90, Medium 100 -> 110, Hard 120 -> 130.

• Dee Jay can now cancel out of Sobat Carnival (Super) into Sobat Festival (Ultra 1). This makes him, according to the blog, the only other character besides Dan who can cancel a Super directly into Ultra. If you land both it does 570 damage.

:eek:

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dee Jay
    • His Far Standing Medium Punch is now special cancellable.
    Can't judge this until I see some fram data etc. There is talk that the hitbox has been increased which makes it an even better aa.

• The amount of time that a "Counter Hit" can be registered on Dee Jay after he fires an Air Slasher has been decreased.
    Meh

• Double Rolling Sobat (Dread Kicks) got a damage increase. Light 80 -> 90, Medium 100 -> 110, Hard 120 -> 130.
    Meh. If the 10 gets added to the first hit of the Medium/Hard, it would be good.

• Dee Jay can now cancel out of Sobat Carnival (Super) into Sobat Festival (Ultra 1). This makes him, according to the blog, the only other character besides Dan who can cancel a Super directly into Ultra. If you land both it does 570 damage.
    Hmm, this is an interesting change. I usually build meter quite fast with DeeJay regardless of character and I probably hit my super just as often (if not more often) than his Ultra. It sounds interesting on paper, but it's usefulness depends on when during the Super you can cancel. The chip damage from sobat>super>U1 would be pretty rediculous. Outside of using it during the super, it still is a pretty poor ultra, especially if you can dash ultra2 from ex.mgu with 100% consistantly during play (I can't by the way).

At least he got no nerfs, but compared to the changes to some of the characters around DeeJays tier, it's prety disappointing tbh. What I would give for an overhead!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmm, this is an interesting change. I usually build meter quite fast with DeeJay regardless of character and I probably hit my super just as often (if not more often) than his Ultra. It sounds interesting on paper, but it's usefulness depends on when during the Super you can cancel. The chip damage from sobat>super>U1 would be pretty rediculous. Outside of using it during the super, it still is a pretty poor ultra, especially if you can dash ultra2 from ex.mgu with 100% consistantly during play (I can't by the way).

At least he got no nerfs, but compared to the changes to some of the characters around DeeJays tier, it's prety disappointing tbh. What I would give for an overhead!

Think you might be underestimating this. What you've got here is an easy hit confirmable ultra 1 which is what everyone wanted :D And deejay still builds like a beast unlike Guile, so...

Speaking of whom, in light of all the other changes, Guiles look more and more disappointing. He's got 1 main problem in AE IMO and that's damage output. I don't expect him to be doing 400 damage combos because that's against the nature of his character, but right now he's got nothing and 10 damage onto a single move when he got 5 or 6 damage nerfs previously and when it seems most others are getting buffs isn't going to cut it I think.

I'll still play him, he'll prob be more viable in a world with a nerfed Akuma, Viper, Yun and Yang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• From 1000 to 950 health (back to SSF4 value).

• Fukiage (Upwards Punch) damage for LP, MP, HP reduced by 10, it does 90 damage now. EX went from 140 to 120

• EX Karakusa (Grab and Choke) has less range.

tumblr_lpt2fzTlcT1qcc5xbo1_500.gif

I am slightly less hype after reading Futureguy's pretty reasonable post, but I was just coming into 2012 hoping to not get nerfed, and I got a bunch of random buffs.

Deejay's super's not too hard to combo into, comboing into an Ultra FROM THAT will be pretty sick. Two viable Ultras now?

Although I do feel very discriminated against that we got a "counterhit projectile" reduction, whereas Guile had it completely eliminated.

• Advertisement

Although I do feel very discriminated against that we got a "counterhit projectile" reduction, whereas Guile had it completely eliminated.

I'd bet they're getting the same buff, this is second hand translated info after all.

If not though- tell you what, I'll take the ch nerf and Deejays meter build fpr Guile and you can have no meter build and no CH nerf :D

Advertisement