Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random stuff we likey!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Im minding my ex's house , her bed is very soft and nice.
    I even walked her malignant pox of a dog.

Therefore Im random and nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

700 trophies and so close to getting getting my 2nd platnium ,I can almost taste it :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Going to the cinema alone watching a scary movie (because my Mrs hates them)...

Even better getting the cheap online Thursday ticket (because I'm skint)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

20e supervalu vouchers!

pasteria and sausages!

cream soda!

airsoft target practise!

black balloons!

dozy cuddles!

brendan grace!

charity shop shopping!

beers!

jager!

cute texts!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Calvin and Hobbes
    The Peanuts
    Mafalda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Im minding my ex's house , her bed is very soft and nice.
    I even walked her malignant pox of a dog.

Therefore Im random and nice.

:D

Looking after the bf when hes hungover/foodpoisoned or both!

Daytime naps and snuggles together!

New chinese takeaway place!

Thai green curry, and it being extra hot!

Youtube!

Puediepie!

Playing Magic the gathering cards just sitting out by busstop!

Listening to mp3 together on bus home at night!

Grocery shopping!

Sleepys!

Baileys cheesecake!

American cream soda!

Club lemon mixed with coke!

Warhammer stories/books/roleplays!

True Blood!

Pasteria and sausages!

Ribena and pineapple/mango!

Sno rhubarb yoghurt!

Lucozade pink lemonade!

Barr cola drinks, and lots of them for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Once again my work makes an appearance in here, I feel lucky :)

Tonight I met a lovely family consisting of a daughter (40's); - her mom and aunt two sisters (50's) and their brother / uncle (60's) ...

One sister approached me in tears telling me her sister was crying so I accompanied her to find her sister was indeed in tears; was ill; had not eaten since dinner on Tuesday (no b'fast or dinner Wednesday) ; was diabetic and refusing to eat :eek: I was informed that she herself was dyslexic and turned out over the night, both had issues with telecommunications in that they didn't know how to operate a phone, how to hold a phone nor dial for assistance. I knew what I was dealing with here.
    Very fortunate to Graduate last-year with a 1st Class Honors in Psychology so was well equipped for this situation and was more confident dealing with all the issues I was now facing :o

They were seen by a doctor and I spent a considerable time researching diabetes; meal-plans and some of the more serious issues the daughter was informing me of as they will be in my company tomorrow. They don't know what she could eat safely with diabetes; had more on my shoulders tonight at work that I could have envisioned when heading in yesterday afternoon!

They are now more content; more confident on dealing with everything; I'll talk them through the breakfast options I have complied; lunch and dinner alternatives and options that I now know (and didn't this time yesterday as I've never been this close to someone with diabetes); had privilege of meeting some unique and genuinely lovely people who I found out some would not give the time of day due to some of what they deal with daily, personally.

Random Stuff I Likey was certainly my work tonight where I'd the Privilege of researching and learning about new topics for me - in detail; about conditions and mental issues people face and live with - up close.

I just feel privileged that this family trusted me in every way they have done :)

Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

Just this very evening at work did I meet this family again, back for their second year to my place of work!
    Met one sister first whose eyes lit up. When I offered her my phone to ring her husband back home their was no issue. She knew what to do and she even had tears in eyes when I remembered her.

Afterward she went & got her sister who came down to me, bringing her camera to show me she still has the picture they all had taken with me at work, under my company logo, a year ago.
    She also showed me the meal-plans that I created for them. The plans did have minor changes from their doctor I was told, but majority still as I researched for them.

Just could NOT believe this. How could I have had made this much of an impression with them.
    I only assisted them and gave them my time. Nothing else. Nothing major and nothing I would not do for others anyways.

What surprised me most though was just how far they had progressed in terms of educating themselves with varying personal aspects and how stronger they were tonight.
    Certainly made my night this family did,
    Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

Yey! My books have started to arrive to me today for my new Psychology course starting up in a few weeks :)

Random Stuff that I Likey indeed,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I love staying in and watching videos and eating take away with just my little family:) (no visitors, no inlaws, just us)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got 12 trophies today \0/ :-D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Remembering I did all the cleaning yesterday and not having to do any today!! Whoop!!

800 trophies and 2 platinums :-D :-D :-D

Iced donuts!

Lemon drink!

Windmill!

College freshers type goodies!

Making the bf after a hard day at college while hes sorting the weekend with friends, then getting some well deserved cuddle time!

Snoozes!

Chinese!

Being told that its "just us' and always has been and will be by the bf!

Mrs Doubtfire on tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Impractical Jokers, great hidden camera TV show... laughing my ass off at it here. It's been one long, long time since I've laughed so much at a TV show.

Feeling at peace again 100%, thinking back to this time last year tis a HUGE great thing for me, I hate sadness/mixeyupness

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Picnics in the sun. Especially when a tiny puppy comes and jumps all over you :D

Having that EUREKA moment where you finally think you have a solution.

Random Stuff that I Likey - those few moments thereafter where you feel kinda awesome! :)
    kerry4sam

Pizza!

Snuggles!

The Thing movie!

X Men!

Chinese!

Promises!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I love spending time with my kids just before bedtime when we are all relaxed. I can give them all my attention and hear their stories and talk to them.

• Advertisement

Awesome game music That makes you want to get up and dance :-D

Sweet calls!

Wicca books bought for me as a present!

Jellybeans!

Pasteria and sausages while watching Iron Sky!

Halloween jellies!

Pizza Dog!

Milkshakes!

Late night simpsons on tv!

Snuggles!

City of Ember!

The lost boys soundtrack!

Kisses!

Promises!

Cute texts!

Random funny videos like the one below, I have tears streaming down my face :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Getting on a plane with OH. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

John O'Shea!! :D

Dropped a friend (non-driver) home tonight after our Psychology course to an area I've never once been in, in Cork City.
    Twas like taking a driving test with a blind-fold...

"Just over the bridge ahead" were my instructions at one point. Darkness was all I could see. A Bridge? Okay, just tell me a small bit more like where is this bridge!

So used to the route themselves; and as a non-driver would not be aware of how important details like distance, and the odd right or left actually are.

Even more fun though was me trying to find my way back to a main road to actually get outta the City to reach homeward bound.

Anywhoo, Random Stuff that I Likey,
    Random Laugh-induced Road-trips,
    Oh! & some good auld tunes from 96fm on the radio.
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Dropped a friend (non-driver) home tonight after our Psychology course to an area I've never once been in, in Cork City.
    Twas like taking a driving test with a blind-fold...

"Just over the bridge ahead" were my instructions at one point. Darkness was all I could see. A Bridge? Okay, just tell me a small bit more like where is this bridge!

So used to the route themselves; and as a non-driver would not be aware of how important details like distance, and the odd right or left actually are.

Even more fun though was me trying to find my way back to a main road to actually get outta the City to reach homeward bound.

Anywhoo, Random Stuff that I Likey,
    Random Laugh-induced Road-trips,
    Oh! & some good auld tunes from 96fm on the radio.
    kerry4sam

Cork city is like a maze these days :pac:

I got a rare trophy today Foodie Try 10 different foods or drinks. its classed as rare because only 19.65℅ of people got it. :-O :-D

In total today I got 11 trophies \o/ :-D

Sweet messages!

Being greeted in the bfs house very nicely by his parents!

Cheese toastie with lowlow melts on it and white hot chocolate with a little bit of fruity added!

The Rasmus, in the shadows!

Double dates!

Holding hands in the street with the bf!

Confronting scangers shouting/throwing condom from the bus!

Plex for bowling!

KFC!

Being treated as special!

Snuggles!

Dinner and Podge & Rodge scare at bedtime!

Insideous!

Wes Cravens new nightmare, never saw that before!

Halloween foods!

Dozy afternoons!

Making breakfast in bed!

Teen Wolf!

Birthday session in the bfs brothers place with gaming, beers etc, and family guy!

Halloween dress up and makeup!

Pumpkin carving!

Seeing the elusive family Guy/Simpsons episode :)

Cosy time!

Being told lovely things and shown off!

Pizza!

Munchies!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Lately...Surfing!! I am now an addict. :D

Advertisement