Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

Having to delete a copy of every post I make on Boards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

kfallon wrote: »
    PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!!!! :pac:

Sufferin' Jaysus if you ever come to work here I'm out the door as fast as my little legs will carry me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maudgonner wrote: »
    Sufferin' Jaysus if you ever come to work here I'm out the door as fast as my little legs will carry me. :pac:

Awwwwww why? :(
    I thought you and me would make perfect desk buddies....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I see AIB are now "backing brave" again, instead of the grammatically ridiculous change they made to "backing doing". It's all absurd anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Awwwwww why? :(
    I thought you and me would make perfect desk buddies....

Gas masks were not issued when I started work here.

On the other hand, there is a bear trap in the kitchen... (for realies, I'm not even joking)

• Advertisement

maudgonner wrote: »
    Gas masks were not issued when I started work here.

On the other hand, there is a bear trap in the kitchen... (for realies, I'm not even joking)

I don't fart in work ffs :mad:
    Well apart from a sneaky one in the lift for the next person in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yahoo Mail have swapped the "Archive" and "Delete" buttons around on the standard Inbox view in their email Webapp and it's driving me fuckan crazy!! :mad:

I came here to post about Yahoo. It won't open for the past 2 days. Just stays loading on a goddamn loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Was in work today and going to be good and have porridge for my breakfast. Then someone uses the last of the milk and doesn't get any more so I offer to go over to the shop where the company has an account. I go out in the pissing rain and get blown out of it. I get to the shop and they tell me that the account is overdue and needs to be paid so they can't give me the milk and I didn't bring my wallet with me. Had to have my porridge with water :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

People that call fresh water fish and prawns sea food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I don't fart in work ffs :mad:
    Well apart from a sneaky one in the lift for the next person in :p

Guy in work let off a silent one yesterday, rotten it was, lad behind him says out loud,
    "For fu** sake, whoever let that one go should donate their h*le to science, smelly hoor"
    Had to chuckle at it.

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    Guy in work let off a silent one yesterday, rotten it was, lad behind him says out loud,
    "For fu** sake, whoever let that one go should donate their h*le to science, smelly hoor"
    Had to chuckle at it.

It was prob the lad who said it that prob 'laid' it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Toilet humour.

I just don't get the attraction in it. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Was in work today and going to be good and have porridge for my breakfast. Then someone uses the last of the milk and doesn't get any more so I offer to go over to the shop where the company has an account. I go out in the pissing rain and get blown out of it. I get to the shop and they tell me that the account is overdue and needs to be paid so they can't give me the milk and I didn't bring my wallet with me. Had to have my porridge with water :(

I wish to present you with a TA Gold Award :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I wish to present you with a TA Gold Award :D

Why thank you, thank you everyone for this most prestigious award. I would like to thank all of the little people who have voted for me and chosen to give me this award, you know who you are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

It was prob the lad who said it that prob 'laid' it ;)

No, we knew who it was, twas the new guy, he didn't do another, but did keep disappearing every so often for a few minutes, (guilty):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

armaghlad wrote: »
    On the yoghurt theme, I can't abide bits of fruit in yoghurt! Why can't they make petit filous for grown ups!?

Not a big fan either! But thats whats so good about the rhubarb yoghurt, theres bits of it in it, but not cold hard lumps like other fruits. Its stringy and soft.

I sound like a pushy yoghurt saleswoman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Teaching on a Friday night when all I want to do is get into bed with a glass of wine, my 3 cats and maybe my boyfriend (if he's not annoying me).

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

That I am a fully grown woman and I still get nervous when alone in my house at night:o

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    That I am a fully grown woman and I still get nervous when alone in my house at night:o

Don't worry, we're here to keep you company! :)

Don't worry, we're here to keep you company! :)

What would I do without yas!???:o:o:o:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When you get trivially annoyed at the trivial annoyance thread (just generally, not a dig at anyone), and so don't know where to go with it :P

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    What would I do without yas!???:o:o:o:p:p

Well tbh we're about as much use as a kick in the bollix if someone breaks into your gaff....... :p

When you get trivially annoyed at the trivial annoyance thread (just generally, not a dig at anyone), and so don't know where to go with it :P

Just let it all out trout, let it all out!

Well tbh we're about as much use as a kick in the bollix if someone breaks into your gaff....... :p

HEY!!!

That IS useful though!

Knights and Knightessess in shining armour:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How any old crap recorded on a camera is called a 'social experiment'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

osarusan wrote: »
    How any old crap recorded on a camera is called a 'social experiment'.

It's a prank bro, it's a prank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Shannon757 wrote: »
    It's a prank bro, it's a prank.

I understand this reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

People who refer to their grandmother as 'nanna'

Whenever I hear it I immediately assume the speaker either has some form of severe intelligence deficit or has yet to be toilet trained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

People who refer to their grandmother as 'nanna'

Whenever I hear it I immediately assume the speaker either has some form of severe intelligence deficit or has yet to be toilet trained.

How come?

We have always called our grandmothers "nana." Actually, most people I know have always called theirs "nana" too. And neither we nor they have any intelligence deficits whatsoever :confused: What's your personal issue with the term?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

DareGod wrote: »
    How come?

We have always called our grandmothers "nana." Actually, most people I know have always called theirs "nana" too. And neither we nor they have any intelligence deficits whatsoever :confused: What's your personal issue with the term?

Nothing personal, it just sounds incredibly childish and grating to my ears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement