Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Tony has new WE Hi capa 4.3s in, might get one, full metal and look good, a nit small for my liking though but still lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

shiva dosent have one of these in,

01.jpg

The new TM yeah? Very bling lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

is it a TM? that mean its plastic?

all steel except the grip,if im correct that is,pretty much 100% that its steel,

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it's a TM if it's not they doing a very similar one lol

its the 2008 TM hi-cappa, should be availabe at the end of january,it looks stunning ,might get a usp next week then get one of these when there released

I thought TM couldn't make guns with metal slides though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Gatling wrote: »
    01.jpg

I HAVE TO OWN ONE OF THOSE!!!!

• Advertisement

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUGLY GUN ALERT run dont look back

I'd ALMOST buy it being a huge resi fan but ehhh...noooo...lol

im telling on you ,telling fibs is a sin ,
    no no no no it cant be ,plastic noooooooooo

you gone and ruined it for me zero19

I know and it looked so shiny!!

im crying like a baby , it looks like steel the grain on the slide its great detail ah sure put in the fridge for a few hours should feel like cold steel by then, only thing there is no rs version in the first place

it looks nice but if its plastic i wouldnt bother with it, that image is heavily shopped aswell so it might not look anywhere near as metal looking as that.,

oh and that other link to redwolf, thats the ugliest gun ive ever seen, reminds me of a sword fish for some reason.,lol

10 inch barrel deagles are just complete overkill... oh and can someone explain how to have direct links to images so they show on boards?? lol

you need to add the image tags, or save the pic and upload it at www.imageshack.us then copy and paste the hotlink into your post.,

Ok test pic from photobucket lol

<sniptacular>
    Sweet it worked

• Advertisement

hmmmmm airsoft forum :eek::eek:,photobucket is handy for posting pics alright

Yep i always use it on Forza motorsport 2's forums (awesome game) didn't think i could link images in the same way

righ im going off air for a while ,been forced to watch a chick flick ,what did i do to deserve that,
    almost forgot

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMORING SKIRMISHNAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Lets be clear here, I have a 1911 and recently a hi capa 5.1.

Lets be crystal clear here, the 1911 is beautiful, very sleek and subtle, curves, like a classic sports car, the hi capa is fugly, pugly, ugly ugly, pug fugly.

Its beyond words how much I hate it at this stage.

Trying to modernise the 1911 by just adding spoilers and plastic spinners, sorry its a gun but its the same idea, is an insult to the original, and to my eyes.
    They look cool in pics but compared to a 1911 side by side the lose hands down and they just look tacky. No appreciable lines or form, let alone function bar a bigger mag well.

Expect a for sale thread soon.:D

Hi-Cappa for sale motosam ,first in line if u dont want to keep it,yes u are right about the 1911 they are very attractive in the classic sense ,designed in a different era , the hi cappa apparently does have some redeeming features if im right

Hi-Cappa for sale motosam ,first in line if u dont want to keep it,yes u are right about the 1911 they are very attractive in the classic sense ,designed in a different era , the hi cappa apparently does have some redeeming features if im right
    Second, i have yet to own any 1911 varient

Alright lads, words of warning,

its a wei tech, 5.1, the original.

Google it on arnies etc. and you'll see countless threads on how do I fix it, whats wrong with it etc.

Several parts cannot work on a brand new one without modification.

List:

1 sear is made of soft metal, eventually half cock WILL stop working.

2 grip safety WILL not work out of the box, I posted a mod in the trouble shooting thread to fix this, its been well received on airsoftforum.com also as its the best fix yet as far as I'm concerned, beeter than the spring mods.

3 Heavy pot metal slide on old 5.1 model, sluggish and inneficient blowback, slide rails must be polished.

4 general niggling feeling it wont always work, oh yeah the odd time when fired the hammer only goes as far as half cock, basically wont fire. (sear wear causing jam)

5 slide can catch against hammer locking slide (jams), rare but can be done manually.

This is why the old model is so cheap, if i sell mine I'm pricing it closer to a new model as Ive;
    Manually reshaped the sear, the hammer catch for half cock, performed the fix I mention in trouble shooting for the grip safety, polished the slide rails, shaved down the hammer cocking part of the slide.

I've put about 5 hours work into this (edit: probably way more, i stayed up till midnight a few times and I get up at 6 for work, maybe 10 hours, I had to redo alot of the work), just finished completely reshaping the hammer notches in the last hour to allow a working half cock without engaging unwantedly jamming the gun during firing. Thus I have fixed every problem mentioned above.

I'm sick of it, I'm glad I've gotten it working well but I dont want it anymore, Ive never even fired it much.

So very soon, for sale, a rare WORKING we hi capa 5.1 :)

Shes working fine now yeah? Never knew they had so many problems!

anyone know if real beretta grips fit an airsoft pistol? im looking for one of those wrap around grips with the finger grooves in it for one of M9s., or if anyone knows where to get them., :)

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    Shes working fine now yeah? Never knew they had so many problems!

Yup, never buy an old wei tech unless youve time to spare, and a metal file!

It works now grand, but I dont like it, why I've spent so much time on it is beyond me, maybe I saw it as an investment in the next gbb I actually like when I sell it.

Anyway as above I've fixed the major problems and it works better than a new one, and I cant foresee any of the original problems recuring.

When I stick up a for sale thread the two guys above can have first refusal, I may sell it for 95€, based on cost and effort put in.

Not for sale yet though, I have to chose a replacement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

anyone know if real beretta grips fit an airsoft pistol? im looking for one of those wrap around grips with the finger grooves in it for one of M9s., or if anyone knows where to get them.,
    They would be the m9 Hogue grips ,their seems to be quite a few of them on ebay and alot of people seem to agree that their extremely comfortable. id get them myself but id have to get them for both my Beretta's and it seems a tad expensive then :(.

I couldnt find any on ebay last night., will give hogue grips a search now., cheers man.,

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODMORNING SKKKRIMISHNAM ,man 13hrs sleep a world record for me , so heading to sweden with NA FIANNA first irish team to attened an oversea's airsoft event officialy, so far 12 booked with another 6 very intrested ,
    became a member of the exclusive P90 club today ,how the hell is every one else,i missed the night shift last night

Hehe look after the P90 for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I wanna go to berget but I've still to put a new hop up into my G36 and I need new mags too. The overall cost of me going would double due to the amount of equipment I'd need to replace.

• Advertisement

sorry zero19 couldnt resist i left it nearly 24 hrs before putting in a bid ,and i used it on saturday ,had to have it, the hi-cappa should be yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Well done on the P90 Gatling was it the one Dr P had up for sale? Funky looking yokes so they are. Good backup weapon and CQB primary by all accounts.

Ha it's ok man, it's gonna see more action with u than it would me :)

hoplite wrote: »
    Well done on the P90 Gatling was it the one Dr P had up for sale? Funky looking yokes so they are. Good backup weapon and CQB primary by all accounts.

it was indeed the same one ,17rounds a second with its 9.6 battery it a sweet weapon alright sure kdouglas sniped me with his at around 70 ft distance ,going to use it half day and the M4 for the other half,depending on the game play ,now i just need the G36C and VFC SCAR,

cant wait to do the john woo slide dual weilding the P90 and M4 :)

Anyone remember Goldeneye on the N64? The mission in the jungle. At one stage you did have a P90 and an M16 dual wielded. Although they called it the RCP90 and the AR16.

• Advertisement

yes i fondly remember that now ,N64 Golden eye and Perfect dark with the far sight sniper scope that let you see x ray style

Thermal imaging scope with self tracking, infinite range and fired through infinite numbers of solid structures to hit it's target. Made it easily the most loathed multiplayer weapon ever because anyone who had it became as good as untouchable while they stayed in cover with it. All they had to do was hold the target button and press fire whenever the gun found someone. Man I hated that,

well off topic for a min knightrider is coming back to telly revamped for 2008 and below is the new KITT im already crying.

untitled.jpg

dex you have to agree that was one fun weapon to get your hands on in the game ,has to be the most feared weapon game weapon ever

It's far from being the most feared weapon. It was infuriating. Every now and again you'd just fall to the ground dead. If you had it all you did was fire at nondiscript thermal signatures. Handy in the singleplayer but far too unbalanced for multi for it to be fun. You couldn't fear it because you never knew if someone had it or not until it was too late.

Fear some weapons are the likes of the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament 99, the BFG from Doom and Quake, MG42's in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and those RAV armour suits from FEAR. Feared game weapons are ones that you will quite happily spend 20 minutes going around in order to not contact.

Come to think of it, I'd spend 20 minutes walking around the case for FEAR, let alone playing it and avoiding characters.

well off topic for a min knightrider is coming back to telly revamped for 2008 and below is the new KITT im already crying.

untitled.jpg

That is a gorgeous car. Shelby Cobra Mustang clearly but I'd love to know what engine he's put into it. It's one of my dreams to own one of his cars.

Shelby GT500 KR to be exact,
    supercharged, 5.4-liter V8 gets a “Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack,” which boosts horsepower to 540 for the KR. Whew! Sounds like good stuff to us.

The GT 500KR comes with a unique carbon composite hood with scoops and stainless steel hood pins. A lower front air dam with brake ducting helps cool 14-in. Brembo front brakes. Ford says the suspension has been modified as well to provide “race inspired handling.”

The new KR may well be the highest horsepower production Mustang of all time.

MustangGT500KR_top.jpg

Doesn't the Hertz rental 'stang have a similar sized engine producing around 540 brake too?

i think the Hertz stang is down on hp compared to the Shelby ,but what a rental to have ,but i prefere the silver and blue of the Shelby to the black and gold hertz paint scheme

I hope they dont remake night rider, it was good in its day but they'll just ruin it now., as for the mustang, their fulgy fat ass american typically impossible to handle cars., :D
    you can tell im not a american car fan huh, well if i was to choose one it would have to be the Original Shelby GT500 like the one in "gone in 60sec", well, those where just mustang fastbacks but they were kitted to look like the GT500. id like one of them,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement