Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

kenmc wrote: »
    Thats a unicycle with stabilizers.

it's unconventional. But not ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Two horizontal top tubes! I'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Lumen wrote: »

oh god, ye're all way further gone than i thought, no saving you!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

tumblr_n2899mf7yc1r4mfcxo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

tumblr_n2899mf7yc1r4mfcxo1_500.jpg

Tell me that this is a post accident photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

photoshop gone bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

What have they done at the seat-stay and seat -tube junction?

10383538_881240955237452_8947303036160090002_n.jpg?oh=b104944c28e3a18b03eaf5269c66330f&oe=54539DFE

Raam wrote: »
    What have they done at the seat-stay and seat -

Doesn't someone on here's daughter/wife/partner have one of those? Remember it being posted before I think. It's different therefore I like it.....

More crimes against seat tube junctions.

Lapierre%20Pulsium%20detail%201.jpg

...and forks.

Lapierre%20Pulsium%20detail%202.jpg

Lapierre Pulsium 2015
    http://road.cc/content/news/124572-sneak-peek-lapierre-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

TBH, with a name like Pulsium, it's already struggling. That white hub is also rather nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

I kind of like the forks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

seany15 wrote: »
    I kind of like the forks.....

Well, maybe in a "I've just crashed the bike, but the forks don't look like they have cracked all the way through, and I should just be able to roll home if I take it easy" kind of way? But otherwise, no.

brownian wrote: »
    TBH, with a name like Pulsium
    They should have called it the Motilium :pac:

Jesus H Christ, do they not do some kind of sanity test on these things before releasing them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jesus H Christ, do they not do some kind of sanity test on these things before releasing them?

I'm sure they have a raft of data to to show this setup is better objectively. Tis fierce ugly though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

brownian wrote: »
    TBH, with a name like Pulsium, it's already struggling. That white hub is also rather nasty.
    Does it have a single white spoke?

Brian? wrote: »
    I'm sure they have a raft of data to to show this setup is better objectively.
    I find your faith disturbing.

I would guess that some marketing bod instructed the designers to come up with something "impactful" and then spun some limp technical justification for the results.

For instance: most aero bikes have been nowhere near a wind tunnel, but they still claim the designs are faster. The objective is to make something which looks fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That's a towel warmer not a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Doesn't someone on here's daughter/wife/partner have one of those? Remember it being posted before I think. It's different therefore I like it.....

Mel Spath. Raam posted it before.

Oryx wrote: »
    Does it have a single white spoke?

A lot of wheelsets have, as far as im aware it indicates where the valve is located, may have another function but thats the only function i know it serves.....

• Advertisement

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    A lot of wheelsets have, as far as im aware it indicates where the valve is located, may have another function but thats the only function i know it serves.....
    I find that the valve does a good job of indicating where the valve is located.

I think it's a bit like Michael Jackson's white glove. Slightly try-hard and not something I want near my nipples.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I find your faith disturbing.

I would guess that some marketing bod instructed the designers to come up with something "impactful" and then spun some limp technical justification for the results.

For instance: most aero bikes have been nowhere near a wind tunnel, but they still claim the designs are faster. The objective is to make something which looks fast.

I understand your point. But no way would they make a bike look that ugly without some sort of reason, misguided or not.

It's the good people at Pinarello I have serious issues with.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Mel Spath. Raam posted it before.

She has this one. It is different. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90371000&postcount=6912

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is it the new version? Same photo location.

Idleater wrote: »
    Is it the new version? Same photo location.

Mel's is the Massive Attack.

The ugly one is the Foo Fighter.

It says it on the bleedin' frames!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Mel's is the ...!

Yeah, I know that, I just wondered given the identical photo location and not overly popular frame if it was the same owner with next year's race bike.

Idleater wrote: »
    Yeah, I know that, I just wondered given the identical photo location and not overly popular frame if it was the same owner with next year's race bike.

Ah right. Photos come from WindyMilla themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I thought stuff like this only happened on the internet. But I saw it with my own eyes this morning!

88A7E5A5-FEF3-4C72-B98F-AED96252EAF3_zpsoicdmkv2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Plastik wrote: »
    I thought stuff like this only happened on the internet. But I saw it with my own eyes this morning!

88A7E5A5-FEF3-4C72-B98F-AED96252EAF3_zpsoicdmkv2.jpg

Bikefitter made him do it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm going to hold back my vomit because something that extreme surely has to be to do with health issues :(

Advertisement