Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adey magnacleanse

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

just looking for a bit of information onthe adey magna cleanse.Does anyone use them? are they worth the money?. i have a job to flush about 18 radiators. i have the guardian power flushing unit but taught one of these might speed up the process. i can get one for about 400 incl VAT.

thanks for any replies
    Pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

paddy_joe wrote: »
    just looking for a bit of information onthe adey magna cleanse.Does anyone use them? are they worth the money?. i have a job to flush about 18 radiators. i have the guardian power flushing unit but taught one of these might speed up the process. i can get one for about 400 incl VAT.

thanks for any replies
    Pat
    Are they the add ons to the flushing unit? If they are I heard there meant to make life alot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

you dont need a power flushing unit,the circulating pump is supposed to be enough,but im sure the two could be combined if a system was bad.

you dont need a power flushing unit,the circulating pump is supposed to be enough,but im sure the two could be combined if a system was bad.
    Oh I know now. Just using the circ pump isn't meant to be a great job

yeah was wondering about that,but i already have pump so could combine the 2 then.

yeah was wondering about that,but i already have pump so could combine the 2 then.
    I'd imagine you could. I did the cheaper option and mounted a standard magnaclean onto mine with a bypass so I can clean it ouy while the machine works away. But yours would be much better in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Combined with a proper power flushing machine, fine but on its own a complete waste of time.

thanks for any replies
    Pat
    For that money I would be investing in the Fernox Powerflushing Filter @ €455 incl vat.

shane0007 wrote: »
    For that money I would be investing in the Fernox Powerflushing Filter @ €455 incl vat.
    Are they not the same thing?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Are they not the same thing?
    Not same but similar. I don't know the strength of the Adey magnets but the Fernox is 11,000 gauss.

Not same but similar. I don't know the strength of the Adey magnets but the Fernox is 11,000 gauss.
    Adey don't say anywhere what strength their magnet is. Hmmmm

• Advertisement

Adey don't say anywhere what strength their magnet is. Hmmmm
    Now you are just sounding like me, hmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

but on its own a complete waste of time.

Why do you think that?

Why do you think that?

Your using a pump that can be sitting in sludge, no point having a flushing system that is only as good as the pump that's in the boiler, that's without taking in to account any blockage or restriction in the heat exchanger.

Why do you think that?

Power flushing works & ONLY works on the basis of low pressure but with high velocity. You will never achieve high velocity with the system circulator.

The other problem is that most "power flushing machines" if you can call them that only have between 250w & 350w motors. WOT IMO. Compared to the Fernox, it has an 1,100w motor. I powerflushed a hotel this week with no issues whatsoever.

Some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Are you using the powerflow unit Shane

Yes, have been for past number of years. Excellent unit. Best on the market IMHO. I have yet to have a system beat me with it. I also use it alongside a thermal image camera. Another invaluable piece of equipment assessing, before, during & after the flush. Pricey though @ €2,600!
    JohnnieK picked up his new shiney MkIII today. It was a very proud moment for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

JohnnieK picked up his new shiney MkIII today. It was a very proud moment for him.

Lol ! Must be dying for the first flush job to come in .
    You get that extra bit of satisfaction with the thermal imaging camera when on a really dirty system , great to show the customer.
    Gotta love the amount of s**t you collected on the filters in your pics.

That was the 3rd magnet clean out like that with that system. It was one floor of a hotel. Boiler was kaput. We changed it from oil to gas so installed the gas boilers but through a temporary cylinder to act as a buffer. Water in buffer was then pumped through the system to cleanse. Once finished, gas boilers were piped to a low loss header then set up for the different circuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Ah I see, didnt think the adey used the existing water pump. So your setup shane is a powerflusher with magnets added on. Like having powerflusher and magnaclease together. Nice pics!

• Advertisement

@ shane

is it the fernox power flushing filter you have? ill try find out tomorrow the strenght of the adey magnets. where did you buy your filter from?

thanks for replied

@ shane

is it the fernox power flushing filter you have? ill try find out tomorrow the strenght of the adey magnets. where did you buy your filter from?

thanks for replies

Ah I see, didnt think the adey used the existing water pump. So your setup shane is a powerflusher with magnets added on. Like having powerflusher and magnaclease together. Nice pics!

Yes I use the Fernox Powerflow in conjunction with their magnet.
    http://www.fernox.com/files/Fernox/Content/PDF/English/Powerflushing%20Filter.pdf
    I used to use the Flush Buddy but makes hard work of a dirty system. Never looked back when I upgraded to the Flushing Filter.

@ shane

thanks for replies

I got it through Fernox.

Yes I use the Fernox Powerflow in conjunction with their magnet.
    http://www.fernox.com/files/Fernox/Content/PDF/English/Powerflushing%20Filter.pdf
    I used to use the Flush Buddy but makes hard work of a dirty system. Never looked back when I upgraded to the Flushing Filter.

what descaler do you use for best results?

DS40
    Just make sure you use the Neutraliser. Also be careful with aluminium heat exchangers.

Just rang adey,they wont give out the information on strenght of magnet.....

@ shane, Do you put the descaler in a week beforehand?

There magnet is probably not nearly as strong as the fernox and they know it!

It depends on how bad the system is but probably never a week, a couple of days max. I would be fearful of the acidity in the system for that length of time. I have a list of nearly all boiler heat exchanger material & refer to that to determine what my next action will be.

• Advertisement

There magnet is probably not nearly as strong as the fernox and they know it!

Yeah I would say so. She started on about the surface area of the magnet.
    Just waiting on price back and availability on the fernox one now.

Advertisement