Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 Qualifiers in UAE

Options
  • 11-03-2012 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Wanted to start a thread for this as it starts on this Tuesday. The final games are being shown over the internet - details on Cricket Ireland website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

I think our game against Namibia is being Live streamed in the morning via the website irishcricket.org

Also saw on twitter that they're running a predictions competition 'World Twenty20 Qualifiers get started tomorrow and time to predict results from 20/20's Starting Tomorrow -http://www.sportguru.co.uk/icct20/ Register here and Enter League - 'Blarney Army League' with the Code - 'dhowposh' Free to Enter and we'll get some prizes from Cricket Ireland HQ here for the winner. Must get registered by tomorrow morning so get entering now! #coybig Let us know below here your team name...'

I've put a side in, guessing the number of runs a team has to win by is a bit ridiculous! just getting the winning side right with sides like Nepal, Oman & Papua New Guinea in it there has to be a lot of luck involved!!!

Come on Ireland! a trip to Sri Lanka in September would be very nice indeed

Also just seen that Paddy Power have priced up a market here for all 8 games!!

Exxxxxcelent:D

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cricket

Nepal stand out value for what it is worth @ 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

don't think that ireland are going to qualify from this if I'm honest, our batting has been looking shakey at times lately and lacks a bit of depth without NOB.

massively worried as well i won't lie but you have to back the lads!

Stirlo and Dockrell to star for me and a trip to go upset the big boys again!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Disastrous start!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not the start we needed. Close finish in the end but we never really looked like taking it.

I said it at the time and Ill say it again; stupid decision to drop Niall OBrien for this tournament. Principles are all well and good but we cannot afford to not have our best players when a place at a major tournament is at stake, especially for something as petty as the reason why OBrien isnt here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

We looked rusty this morning - Namibia played well and Wilson's knock nearly saw us home.

What was our bowing like? Just seen that Mooney went for 24 in one over...?

djimi wrote: »
    What was our bowing like? Just seen that Mooney went for 24 in one over...?

Spinners were excellent and Boyd bowled well. We lost wickets in quick succession and was behind on the run rate at all times. Disappointing but kenya is up tomorrow, i see they lost today so it should be a cracking match!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Also just seen that Paddy Power have priced up a market here for all 8 games!!

Exxxxxcelent:D

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cricket

Nepal stand out value for what it is worth @ 9/4

Noticed this prediction which won me a handy few quid to waste on Cheltenham today. Any of tomorrow morning's stand out as value??

Brutal start to lose that one, and Kenya won't be easy. Well used to us by now, so be no surprises from either side.
    It's a must win tho, a lot of pressure on early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

That thrashing of Kenya will do wonders for net run rate and both Stirling and Porterfield got valuable time in middle.

Much better result this morning! After yesterdays disaster we couldnt afford another slip up.

This was a professional performance right from the first ball. Kenya had no answer to Rankin and Porterfield's quick-fire 50 left Kenya deflated.

Much better performance

in terms of the betting side, Hong Kong to beat Canada is a little tempting @15/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Against Italy
    A win is a win:eek:

Chased 100 with 2 balls and 2 wickets to spare...

Left the house at 55/2 and looking comfortable. Couldnt believe it when I got into the office to see 85/6 or whatever it was... Very nervy finish but thankfully Wilson had another good knock to see us over the line.

When did Namibia suddenly become so good...?!! Another big total today, although thankfully USA ran then close so their net run rate didnt get a big boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Ireland v USA tomorrow at 10am

Hopefully tomorrows game will be the one streamed on the Cricket Ireland website so I can watch it in work!

Namibia are playing very well, especially dispatching Scotland and us.

As Mothman says, a win is a win. Not pretty, a bit lucky, but Italy bowled excellently. The pitch was as slow as it was when England played there recently so it's one to put behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ireland cruising against USA. 160 from our innings and USA 91/9 with 4 overs left.

Boyd Rankin with figures of 4 wickets for 9 runs including a maiden off his four overs!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Finished. Ireland win by 64 runs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Bowling quite good (except Stirling - 4 wides in 1 over) especially Boyd, but batting still a bit iffy. Need to improve for Scotland up next, on Sunday I think.

3 wides to be fair and he still came away with figures of 1-9 off 3 overs. The bigger worry was TJ going for 38 off 4 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Mongarra wrote: »
    Bowling quite good (except Stirling - 4 wides in 1 over) especially Boyd, but batting still a bit iffy. Need to improve for Scotland up next, on Sunday I think.

He was taking the piss in that over though. He was attempting to bowl leg breaks :P

Little bit ropey at the very end but still a very good victory. Rankin was excellent. Batting still a bit of a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Sorry, it was 3 wides. TJ bad but judging by the way he snatched the hat from the umpire after his last over his head might not have been right. Then again, being hit for 6 would do anyone's head!

TJ was injuired I think and left the field before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Big game tomorrow against the Scots, a win here would at least get us into the play offs, Namibia playing Kenya tomorrow too, if Namibia lose a game we have to be in position to take advantage, if we could top the pool it would give us a bit of margin for error with regard to qualifying, need to start upping our game at this stage, its coming to crunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland beat Scotland by 17 runs but the victory comes at some cost as Mooney picks up a hamstring injury and will miss the rest of the competition.

Namibia beat Kenya and will surely be fancied to win their last 2 games now to top the group

• Advertisement

They're looking to bring in a replacement, presume that means that they'll call up Van Der Merwe. Cusack also came off the pitch with a hamstring problem apparently. Still all in all a good win against a side we've struggled against lately.

Advertisement