Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

OMG 2 on the bike with u! You must be back into shape! Lol. I think my fitness is pretty good at the moment and I'm back to my pre-preg figure thank god. But I put that down to all the walking and ringing around. I still have my bar of chocky every night in bed with OH while watching Suits or the Good Wife or more recently Love Hate :).

Yea I'm hoping the course gives me a little boost more than anything. Dunno where I'm going to get the time to study for it but OH is pretty good with the kids so he'll prob give me a couple evenings to get some study done.

Perhaps I should be cutting out a bottle in that case. She takes a full 9oz per feed.... so I spose that's quite a lot! Pwurple is your LO sleeping through the night yet? Lilly has been very unsettled the last few nights but prior to that we had a great week of 8.30pm till 7-8am... I think that's why I'm scared to decrease the milk feeds just yet.... Lol. I know they say it's got nothing to do with their sleeping but I'm still to be convinced of same!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Happy Birthday !!!!

No developmental check here either ..... TG our PHN is a fool ! We still have 3-4 bottles a day ...... He takes between 5-7 ozs - Loves his grub ha ha down to pre pregnancy weight but still have squishy tummy :(

LH2013 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday !!!!

No developmental check here either ..... TG our PHN is a fool ! We still have 3-4 bottles a day ...... He takes between 5-7 ozs - Loves his grub ha ha down to pre pregnancy weight but still have squishy tummy :(

Ah here that squishy tummy is your medal of motherhood! I'm pretty slim again but still have the squishiness... Kinda dont mind it at all tho... And I'll be damned if I'm going to be doing any sit-ups!!! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I was back to my weight alright, but sitting behind a desk for a month instead of walking all over the place and doing gardening has re-chubbied me by about 2kg. Need to start paying attention to that, bleurg. My old role was much more active. The bike is about all I get, and it's a very short distance, on the flat. counts for feck all.

Yeah, she sleeps the night alright, she loves her sleep! Down at 7pm, i wake her at 8am and she takes 2x2hr naps during the day. I've never seen the like, such a deep sleeper. She has shot up in height the last few weeks, real growth spurt. Doesn't look half as roundy anymore. She even fits back into stuff I couldn't get around her arms before! She's got hair too! Hairy Baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

No developmental check here yet... they normally do it closer to 8 months here so sometime in the next few months. Dreading it: shes dropping down the centile charts (from the 93rd to under the 50th), and I know the advice is going to be formula. Paed isnt worried so going to ignore it!

I've lost 4 of the 30 pounds I need to lose! Meh it will come! I have had enough to deal with lately.

S is on 3/4 solids a day and breastfeeds on demand so it all depends on the day. Shes motoring around the place you would want eyes on the back of your head with her :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ah good to hear they are doing well. Didnt realise we have a 6 months check. Will keep an eye on that.

L having 2-3 bottles a day. Some mornings he's not bothered about it. He gets sippy cup of milk few times during the day too. I think he prefers it that way as its faster. Hes on size 4 teat and had to punch few extra holes and still guzzling.

He's doing so well with solids. Getting away with mashing now instead of pureeing. And he's loving it.

He's ok at night. Goes down 7.15 ish. Has bottle 9.30 then hopefully sleeps to 6.30 /7. But some night wakes earlier or during the night. Also think its teeth but going through a bit of a phase if i walk out of a room he cries (during the day) so could be that either.

Happy birthday sligo.

We have a family wedding mext week (sil) so they are coming. Got him a little 3 piece suit. Its so adorable.

Im so annoyed with weight. Had lost loads and was in my size 10 skinnys but with feet playing up not walking as much as id like and clothes getting tighter.
    Was with go last week and bloods not showing gout or rhuematoid (sp) athritis. Toes still very swollen red and sore. So on another week of anti inflamotries and an antibiotic and told to rest when i can.
    On these since thursday and still not a bit of improvement. When i do rest makes no difference (except toddler bouncibg off the walls) so had xray yesterday. Waiting for results on that. I was put on a new pill after having luke and asked could it be to do with that as no issues with previoua one for 10 yrs (except gap for having daughter) gp said it wouldnt even be a rare side affect . Just hope they find out whats wrong soon. Even some nighta when L does sleep im awake with pain. Not good.

Pwurple you have a dream baby!!! I'm very jealous!

Suucee you poor thing. Sounds awful! What exactly is the problem. Is it swollen joints and pain since you gave birth?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Pwurple you have a dream baby!!! I'm very jealous!

Suucee you poor thing. Sounds awful! What exactly is the problem. Is it swollen joints and pain since you gave birth?

No only in past month or 2. On my left foot its omly my second last toe. Very swollen and red and in past 2 weeks starting to turn/ bend to the right.
    On my right foot its the second and second last toe. They are not as swollen but also very red and sore. The underneath of these two had been so swollen i could hardly move them but that has eased.

It started as pain in my feet (second last toes on both feet were a lil swollen) done a balance test in elverys . Said i had fallen arches . I could see the images if the way i stood and walked so it was the case. Forked out €130 for asics runners and molded inserts. But about a week or 2 later toes were so bad i popped to pharmacist. She reckoned was infection so headed to gp.
    Gp thought it looked and sounded like gout but couldnt undrrstand as my weight/age/diet all good. But bloods not showing gout. Anti inflamotory and antibiotic not doing anything. Bloods only showed thete was inflammtion. So patiently awaitinh xray results. Bloods will be re done 6 weeks after first bloods to check again.
    All a mystery. Was asked so many questions. Do i smoke ? No
    did i have a virus/cold? No
    did i injure them? No
    any medication ? Other than pill no

Oh dear, the last thing you want to be medically is a mystery!

Yes, I know should be uber thankful for the super-sleeping baby, but as usual there's a flipside to everything. With all her sleeping I pick her up from my mums at about 6pm, give her dinner and bottle, husband comes in and plays with her for 15 mins and she's asleep til I wake her up in the morning for porridge and out the door again. I barely see her at all. :( My mum texts me photos of her playing with toys and smiling.

I'd be complaining if I was getting no sleep too though, so this is better I guess. And there's the weekend and everything.

Pwurple that must be very hard aswell, you must miss her so much.

Suucee is the pain predominantly around the toes and toe nails?

• Advertisement

Pwurple that must be very hard aswell, you must miss her so much.

Suucee is the pain predominantly around the toes and toe nails?

On left foot with one swollen slightly bent toe its just the toe. On right the ball of my foot aches too. Thats where pain started when i went to get balance test done. But im walking funny too bevause of the pain which doesnt help

Suucee wrote: »
    On left foot with one swollen slightly bent toe its just the toe. On right the ball of my foot aches too. Thats where pain started when i went to get balance test done. But im walking funny too bevause of the pain which doesnt help

Suucee sounds awfully painful you poor thing. Sounds like a medical mystery aswell! Without giving medical advice here... I don't spose you have any ingrown toenails. A few months after giving birth on both my pregnancies dunno what happened to my feet but I had maybe 3-4 ingrowns on each foot. I'm sure this isn't the case with you as it wouldn't account for the sore balls of foot. But my toes became very red and inflammmed from them. And after a while if I pushed the nail bed down puss would come out (tmi sorry). They can lead to not very nice infections aswell. But I'm sure your GP has had a good look and ruled this out?

I'm sure your ailment is a bit more complicated than this but just thought id share what happened to me incase you had similar...

Suucee sounds awfully painful you poor thing. Sounds like a medical mystery aswell! Without giving medical advice here... I don't spose you have any ingrown toenails. A few months after giving birth on both my pregnancies dunno what happened to my feet but I had maybe 3-4 ingrowns on each foot. I'm sure this isn't the case with you as it wouldn't account for the sore balls of foot. But my toes became very red and inflammmed from them. And after a while if I pushed the nail bed down puss would come out (tmi sorry). They can lead to not very nice infections aswell. But I'm sure your GP has had a good look and ruled this out?

I'm sure your ailment is a bit more complicated than this but just thought id share what happened to me incase you had similar...

No definitely not the case unfortunately. I wish it was that simple. Its so annoying now. Im between 2 minds I dont want them to find anything but then i do because i want to know whats wrong. I think im going to have to wear flats for the wedding next week after the effort i went to finding comfortable shoes for it . Its a full lenght dress so wont be too bad at least but no need to get it turned up a little. :(

Suucee wrote: »
    No definitely not the case unfortunately. I wish it was that simple. Its so annoying now. Im between 2 minds I dont want them to find anything but then i do because i want to know whats wrong. I think im going to have to wear flats for the wedding next week after the effort i went to finding comfortable shoes for it . Its a full lenght dress so wont be too bad at least but no need to get it turned up a little. :(

Hope the docs find out what it is suucee. Enjoy the wedding. On the plus side, if you wear flats you'll be way more comfortable and might even get to dance... Hopefully one or 2 drinks will sort out the pain situation for u. :(

Hi guys, so how r ye all doing now? Yet another question re routine!? How many milk (bottle/boob/solids) are you're babas getting now. And about how much milk would they take each feed?

My PHN has told me L should now only be getting 3 milk feeds. Problem is she gets one in the morning and then is gasping again by 11.30-12. She would usually get another around 3.30 and again at 7. Basically te one I want to cut is the 3.30 but it seems like a long time to go from 12 until 7 without a milk feed? I can't drop the 11.30 or make it later as it's prob the one she craves or wants most. The other times aren't actually so bad.

This is our routine.

6-8: milk
    9/9.30 solids
    11.30 milk
    Sleep
    2.30 solid
    2.40-4 milk
    6 solid
    7 milk
    8-8.30 bed

I'm also worried if we cut the 3.30 mill she won't sleep aswell? I know it's apparently not meant to have much of an impact but I didn't give it yesterday and she woke at 5.30am and downed nearly 200ml in one go!

At each milk feed she will only take between (150-200ml). Used to take more before we started solids.

So what do you guys think? Any advice appreciated :)

Still on 4 milk feeds here. About 160 ml, but it varies a bit.

pwurple wrote: »
    Still on 4 milk feeds here. About 160 ml, but it varies a bit.

Pwurple maybe I'll just ignore the phn and continue on the 4 feeds only giving say 150-160 each feed. What you think? How many solids you giving?

I never had this problem with my son as he'd easily down 240ml so u didnt mind cutting his bottles. This little lassie seems to like little but often!

That sounds very reasonable. I think the babies are well able to tell you what they need. PHN's are all about this mythical Average Baby, but sure no baby is going to be the average baby exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I totally ignore what anybody is telling me, I would not let anybody tell me how much and what I have to eat. My one doesnt like his milk anymore. I mix it in the porridge in the morning and in his foot when I cook it. He is having some sups here and there but I dont know how much on the day and everyday is different anyway. He is drinking plenty of water so he is getting enough fluits. He is telling me when he is hungry and thursty, we always handeld it this way and he automaticly wanted his food around the same times. Its easier i think and more natual, they learn to eat when thez are hungry and not on the time, thez listen more to the body . And its brilliant while we are traveling. He is getting a pro on the plane now. We came back on Sunday from Germany, was already the third time we went over and not a piep from him on both ways. Got his first tooth as well, while we were over. Not a bother at all. He was chewing mz finger in the morning and nothing there when he did in the evening, there it was.
    His walking is improving as well, he can hold himself opn a table or the couch so mz poor back is getting a rest from time to time. yay

Routine here is a bit like this:

5am boob
    730 boob
    930 medicines
    10 breakfast & boob
    1 lunch & boob
    330 medicine
    4 Snack & boob
    6 dinner & boob
    730 boob
    11 boob

So I think your ok with 4 milk feeds! In fairness S feeds poorly which is why she feeds so often. She feeds less some days, more on others depending on her reflux. She's having problems with constipation now too and has piles the poor petal :(

BUT she's pulling herself standing, and is saying mama so really she could get away with murder right now ;)

• Advertisement

Hi guys, so how r ye all doing now? Yet another question re routine!? How many milk (bottle/boob/solids) are you're babas getting now. And about how much milk would they take each feed?

My PHN has told me L should now only be getting 3 milk feeds. Problem is she gets one in the morning and then is gasping again by 11.30-12. She would usually get another around 3.30 and again at 7. Basically te one I want to cut is the 3.30 but it seems like a long time to go from 12 until 7 without a milk feed? I can't drop the 11.30 or make it later as it's prob the one she craves or wants most. The other times aren't actually so bad.

This is our routine.

6-8: milk
    9/9.30 solids
    11.30 milk
    Sleep
    2.30 solid
    2.40-4 milk
    6 solid
    7 milk
    8-8.30 bed

I'm also worried if we cut the 3.30 mill she won't sleep aswell? I know it's apparently not meant to have much of an impact but I didn't give it yesterday and she woke at 5.30am and downed nearly 200ml in one go!

At each milk feed she will only take between (150-200ml). Used to take more before we started solids.

So what do you guys think? Any advice appreciated :)

Still have 4 milk feeds here too - anything from 5 oz to 7 oz - he goes to sleep for night at 6 pm and awake at 5.30 am ! He gets breakfast , lunch and dinner and a snack - he hates water so im finding it hard to drop a milk feed !

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Between 4 and 6 breastfeeds during the day plus his 3 meals with water..

I started giving L his milk in beakers as on size 4 teat and had punched holes and still wasnt fast enough
    so

6.30 beaker of milk (approx 190ml)
    8 weetabix
    9.30 nap
    10.30 /11 yogurt
    1.00 lunch and approx 190 ml milk in beaker
    3/4 fruit puree
    6 dinner and approx 190 ml milk
    bed at 7

Dream feed at 9 in bottle. We are slowly reducing this to try cut it out. Reducing by 1/2 oz every 2 weeks so hopefully be gone before he is 1.

We stopped the soother as sick of getting up at night. Its going very well. Only woke once last night compared to 6 times the night before. We are trying a form of cry it out but only when he whinges i go in if he gets upset. Tonight he settled to bed with no soother. A lil whimper and asleep in less than 5 mins.

Went back to work today ..... It sucks :(

Guys i know ive posted before about this. The issues i have with L.

Hes 7 months now and i still feel im not bonding well. I still feel resentful towards him. Between the tough pregnancy, problems after birth, weeks/months of pain. The time he is taking away from A (toddler) the fact he is a crap sleeper (although this is fastly improving).
    The amount of attention he requires. He never seems satisified.
    Now i know people have bigger problems but this is getting to me now.

Sometimes i feel like i dont love him or wish we hadnt had him (i know sounds so so awful). I know alot of this is probably down to tiredness and ongoing health issues (still no improvement in my feet). But what to i do.
    how do i bond with him? And stop resenting him? Hes an innosent baby i know its not his fault but what do i do.

I honestly dont think im depressed tbh. I love getting out of the house. Meeting people . Playdates. I try spend 1 afternoon a week on my own with just toddler. Just the 2 of us. Go fof a swim or shopping.
    Why cant i love him or bond like i did with her.
    Ive told OH all of this . I just have no idea what to do.

I think at this stage it may be no harm to have a chat with GP or phn. It's hard and I don't think you are awful at all. I know you get alone toddler time, but do you get alone baby time? It might help. But definitely chat to phn or GP, you won't be the first or last.

cyning wrote: »
    I think at this stage it may be no harm to have a chat with GP or phn. It's hard and I don't think you are awful at all. I know you get alone toddler time, but do you get alone baby time? It might help. But definitely chat to phn or GP, you won't be the first or last.

Im sick to death of going to the doctor about other issues as it is. And i actually dont know if i want alone baby time. What would i do. Id probably feel bad for toddler. (Why dont i feel bad for baby when having alone toddler time).

Suucee you poor dear! To be fair you've had a really rough time since you got pregnant to its no wonder you are feeling the way you do. I would echo Cynings sentiments and say perhaps it's time for a GP visit? You say you don't think you're depressed and perhaps you aren't. But PND really can manifest in lots of different ways and sometimes you may not even realise yourself. Now not saying its that at all... I really just think a GP visit or a chat to someone would be the right decision. You have been through a lot and being a parent is the hardest thing in the world so it can be very difficult when you have all those other things to deal with aswell. Xxx

You have had a tough time of it and I know your probably reluctant to go to your GP but it wouldnt do any harm to have a chat to them xx
    PND can come in many forms and chatting to someone will def' help you through the issues your having xxxxxx Huge Hugs xxxxxx

• Advertisement

I got a bit like that with my first when my stitches had me laid up for ages. I think a lot of it is tiredness, pain and being overwhelmed with needing to care for someone else's needs when you still need to get better yourself.

I don't know what to tell you, except it got a lot better for me when i got a break, and someone else shared the responsibility. Like at the weekend and someone else would take the baby for a couple of hours. All i did was take a sleep and have a bath, but I felt a million times better and would start to miss the baby a bit, instead of wait impatiently for her next nap.

Advertisement