Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have so little done and absolutely no inclination to do it. I just want to lie down all the time! I have a moses basket, steriliser and pram, but that's it. No clothes, no bag packed, no bottles, no nappies, no baby room ready. Of course this is all everyone elses fault :pac:

I guess I really need to get myself in gear!

Body seems to have given up. I was feeling so well but in the last few days everything has been sore and I've had heartburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hi girls,

Im due 10th December - have everything bought for the hospital bag(s) but nothing packed as yet. Its baby no.1 here so I'm super organised, just to put everything together. I'm planning on washing all vests, babygros, sheets, blackets etc prior to use - is this normal? :)
    Spending the weekend getting the bags done and packed and the nursery arranged and assembled. 7 weeks to go now, exciting times!

I couldn't get over all the items required for the hospital - certainly more than I was expecting.
    We live (very) rurally so we have practically EVERYTHING in the house - nappies, wipes, nappy sacks, bottles, cot, moses basket, mattress, blankets, toys, steriliser, support pillow, cotton wool etc, maternity pads, nigh dresses, disposable knicks, baby clothes etc etc etc ... . VERY organised - easy know we are first timers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gilly3232

hi all, had check up in hospital yest all great with baby tg. was waiting hours as there was some emergency on the wards. only two midwives & one doc doing checks, about 30 women waiting at any one time! midwife I
    had was very sharp, i know they are under pressure but being pregnant I am emotional anyway and it doesn't take much to upset me. feel like i have hit the wall today and just want to go to bed and stay there!!!!

gilly3232 wrote: »
    hi all, had check up in hospital yest all great with baby tg. was waiting hours as there was some emergency on the wards. only two midwives & one doc doing checks, about 30 women waiting at any one time! midwife I
    had was very sharp, i know they are under pressure but being pregnant I am emotional anyway and it doesn't take much to upset me. feel like i have hit the wall today and just want to go to bed and stay there!!!!

It can be hard when you're tired and emotional and pregnant :) Have you finished up work yet? If you can, and you feel like a nap, take it! I've been waking up at night and being really tired during the day so now, when I'm not busy the next day, I will get up and potter about at 5am then go back for an hour at around 3pm. It's helping!

not finishing until end of november!! seems ages away. Fell asleep on couch last night for an hour but when i go to bed can't sleep, tossing and turning, too hot too cold, sore the list goes on......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Whispered wrote: »
    It can be hard when you're tired and emotional and pregnant :) Have you finished up work yet? If you can, and you feel like a nap, take it! I've been waking up at night and being really tired during the day so now, when I'm not busy the next day, I will get up and potter about at 5am then go back for an hour at around 3pm. It's helping!

I used to do that too and it's brilliant, used to get a couple of really good quality hours in the afternoon and it really energised me so well worth doing for anyone who is a bit unsettled at night.

+1 for an afternoon nap too!

I find there's less 'pressure' on the body to be asleep in the late afternoons and its easier to nod off and have a deep power nap for an hour or so. Definitely helps counteract some of the night time interruptions. I'm up at least 2 - 3 times a night (sometimes more) to use the bathroom but find it ok to get back to sleep again fortunately.

I'm finishing work on 24th November and have 2 seperate weeks of annual leave booked off before then. Good to try and wind down and take it easier - just thinking I might be bored though trying to pass the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I can't wait to be off. I was signed off last week with the pulled muscle so it gave me a taste for it! Pottering around, getting ready for Christmas, ah it'll be lovely. I'm not finishing up until the 28th November, unless they tell me I'm going earlier at my 34 week growth scan. Hopefully not too early though as I have an album to launch in the middle of November :pac:

Is it standard to get a scan after your anatomy scan? Have had nothing mentioned and I'm 34 weeks today.

Is it standard to get a scan after your anatomy scan? Have had nothing mentioned and I'm 34 weeks today.

No, they are giving me a growth scan because my glucose levels were borderline at my first test and they want to keep an eye in case of a giant GD baby! The funny thing is, I went back two weeks later for follow-up bloods and they came back fine, so it's likely I don't have GD, but I'm still getting the scan :confused: I suppose they're being cautious, it'll be nice to get another look anyway!

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    No, they are giving me a growth scan because my glucose levels were borderline at my first test and they want to keep an eye in case of a giant GD baby! The funny thing is, I went back two weeks later for follow-up bloods and they came back fine, so it's likely I don't have GD, but I'm still getting the scan :confused: I suppose they're being cautious, it'll be nice to get another look anyway!

Ah it will be nice to have a little peek in, especially since you don't have the giant baby worry now :)

Exactly! I can't believe we've a matter of weeks left, it's crazy...

I had my GP appointment yesterday evening and got the flu jab too so that's another thing off the checklist. My doctor is so lovely, I don't get to see her every time but I love it when I do. She gave me a hug and everything. It really makes all the difference!

A nice doc or midwife makes such a difference. My own gp is an older gentleman who obviously loves to hear babies heartbeat. "Oh jayney mack that's a happy baby. Do you hear how strong the heart is, do you?" *big grin* it's lovely.

On another note: itchy belly is making my evening hellish!

I feel like I have expanded lots in the last week or so :eek: I was thinking my bump wasn't that big, then bam! I'm feeling great though, sleeping well and plenty of energy. Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Dolbert wrote: »
    I feel like I have expanded lots in the last week or so :eek: I was thinking my bump wasn't that big, then bam! I'm feeling great though, sleeping well and plenty of energy. Long may it last!

Brilliant stuff! I'm getting bigger by the day too- hubby keeps laughing at my waddle! Baby is head down and I really feel the pressure! Main thing that's bothering me at the mo is thrush! Driving me insane- chemist advises not to take anything without the docs say so. Going on Tuesday tho so hopefully he'll prescribe sommat. Today 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mimihand

Am starting to get a bit of a waddle too! I didn't notice until I was walking along with another lady and she was like, oh I remember walking like that when I was pregnant! I thought I was doing alright!
    I have expanded so so much in last week or 10 days - I'm getting nervous now as to how big I will get!
    I'm 32 weeks yday and I have an elective c-section scheduled for 38+5, so just less that 7 more weeks of growing to go! Cant imagine what size ill be then! Had to go to H&M and get a few top/jumpers as the ones were getting to small, and were too summery!

Unlikely but did any of the ladies here do an antenatal day in the coombe on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aoifemckay2013

Hey all :)
    Im 33 weeks today and am due on the 21st of December with my first soo excited ! 7 more weeks :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Unlikely but did any of the ladies here do an antenatal day in the coombe on Saturday?

I did the day in the coombe Saturday!

nuttykat wrote: »
    I did the day in the coombe Saturday!

Hello fellow coombie :p

I thought it was really brilliant. Learned loads and Kathy really took away some of the fear for me. What did you think?

• Advertisement

Hello fellow coombie :p

I thought it was really brilliant. Learned loads and Kathy really took away some of the fear for me. What did you think?

Yea I really enjoyed it (sitting on gym ball as I type!) took a lot of points from it found her very reassuring. Glad I'm doing the breastfeeding class though as I've def more to learn!

You're making me feel guilty for lounging on the couch now! Although I've been up and about for a bit of the day so it's not too bad.

I've more to learn about BF too, but I think I'll see how we get on and then if I need help after the birth get it then. Up until the class I've been following an "ignorance is bliss" mantra. :o

Due 4th December. Countdown begins today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

For those of you who went to ante natal classes, was there anybody there on their own? My oh has to work that day and cannot get it off. It's our second child anyways so its just to refresh everything but I'm feeling a bit nervous that I'll be Billy no mates at it!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    For those of you who went to ante natal classes, was there anybody there on their own? My oh has to work that day and cannot get it off. It's our second child anyways so its just to refresh everything but I'm feeling a bit nervous that I'll be Billy no mates at it!

For the day class everyone's partner was there, but I know of people who have attended evening classes alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Lashes28 wrote: »

I am not attending classes, but on my first child I attended on my own as my OH couldnt leave work for them. We went together to a private weekend one though

5 weeks left for me today - WHERE does the time go?! Does everyone have their bags packed or 'getting around' to it?
    I've had a lovely calm pregnancy but find my mind is getting worried now - will baby be alright, will the delivery be safe, is baby moving etc etc. I take it these are all "normal" thoughts and worries for a first time mum to be?

attended 4 out of 5 classes on my own, didn't mind at all. prefer that OH take time off when baby arrives pg. 6 weeks left, 4 of work, dying for rest. alot of lower pain, headaches and sicky feeling this week feel miserable. need a holiday!!!! have stuff for bag ready just need to put in bag!

Had my growth scan today. Baby is measuring right on target at 5lb 7oz, he's still head down and happy as a clam :) Still feeling great myself too. Now if I could only channel that energy into getting everything at work squared away before I leave...!

• Advertisement

I packed my bag today.

They tell you not to bring too much. Then they give you a list that takes up a large suitcase. I don't know how you're supposed to fit everything into a small hand luggage sized thing considering you have to pack two towels and a dressing gown. A packet of nappies. The maternity pads alone take up half a suitcase!

Anybody else starting to get very nervous?

Advertisement