Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disturbing films...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

During their Zooropa tour U2 used scenes from Triumph des Willens at the beginning. I'd seen it before and it was disturbing enough then, but that time the crowd erupted into cheers because the concert was beginning and the whole mob-mind thing you get at concerts kicked in.
    Being surrounded by thousands of cheering people watching Hitler Youth drummer-boys is definitely freaky.

Similarly I'd just been reading some of Andrea Dworkin's work when I saw 8mm, which made it more disturbing than it may have been otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I think i'll have to put forward '28 days later' though I just saw it last night so its obviously a bit biased in my mind. Tense, tense stuff. Pushed into 'disturbing' by the killing at the end. You know which if you've seen it. Excellently made film though.

I'd agree with Requiem for a Dream - fantastic film too.

Haven't seen Ring or stuff like Man Bites Dog so I can't comment there. I don't think I will ever watch Audition, what i've heard puts my teeth on edge already :)

Event Horizon.. fairly creepy and a decent film - but disturbing? naaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

The Brady Bunch film, where two of them got off with each other..

Now that was disturbing and ruined all my childhood memories! [:)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kowolski

have to be the larry clark film 'kids'. set in new york about teenagers with absolutely no morals. great film, very disturbing. that and requiem for a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

WHAT ABOUT EYES WIDE SHUT.KUBRICKS LAST MASTERPIECE.
    IT BLEW ME AWAY. SO ****ED UP AND I LOVE IT.

ESPECIALLY THE ORGY SCENES

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

All very tame.... if you want a real head **** try out Naked Lunch some David Cronenbergs best work and poddible the most warped also anything by David Cronenberg. Also try devils is nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Naked Lunch was a Cronenberg film

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102511

Ha bugger thats what I meant I was very tired and in a rush writing that soz.

Ah I just thought of one movie that any of you will seriouly be left marked by. It called Tetsueo - Body Hammer. I could list why this is such a sick movie but realy you have to see it yourself. I watch alot of movies and have been diturbed by very little.........I rewound the tape and pressed rec after watching this I had to destroy it is was so bad. Trust me if ANYONE can find anything legal sicker that this ill buy them a night out :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i have seen recently on tv an old film called "johnny got a gun".
    it's a story of a soldier during the wwI who is wounded and is the cowbaye of a not very ethic military doctor.
    this soldier do nomore have arms, legs, face. in short he is a man alone with his mind who can only feel. just a nurse do have mansuetude for him.
    i don't say more about it, but really this film made me sick.
    i will say more about it when i will find out my dictionary cause as you can see i'm nulle in english:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rabid from David Cronenberg. A ****ing sick film

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Channel 4 showed a film called Doberman last night. It's a French film it's not too bad but it is disturbing enough I guess.
    One of the cops is the most disturbing cant remember his name (main bad guy in Bad Boys). He gives a baby a grenade to play with.
    Oh and one of the bad guys gun butts a cop so many times that the gun breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Channel 4 showed a film called Doberman last night. It's a French film it's not too bad but it is disturbing enough I guess.
    One of the cops is the most disturbing cant remember his name (main bad guy in Bad Boys). He gives a baby a grenade to play with.
    Oh and one of the bad guys gun butts a cop so many times that the gun breaks.

just managed to catch the end of that.. where hes holding your man out the car door pushing his head onto the ground,and half his face is missing.. ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

yes doberman is a violent film.
    but the one i didn't want to see is 'irreversible' with the same actors but a controversial director called 'gaspar noé'.
    it's the story of the vengeange of a guy whose wife has been raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Kali
    just managed to catch the end of that.. where hes holding your man out the car door pushing his head onto the ground,and half his face is missing.. ouch

There was another bit where they are driving away from a bank robbery and there's a police man chasing them on a motor bike. He catches up with them and starts shooting into the car. So one of them pulls him into it (or he jumps in cant remember). Anyway he's wearing a helmet, so they open the visor and stick a grenade in, close the visor and throw him out of the car. Couple of seconds later and boom there goes the head.

Advertisement