Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

• 16-07-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

I've gone ahead and picked a quick team to get this started:

Krul - 4.5
    Mannone - 4.5

9 mil spent

Debuchy - 5.5
    Baines - 7.0
    Shaw - 6.0
    Dunne - 4.5
    O'Brien - 4.5

27.5 mil spent

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Walcott - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Shelvey -5.5

40.5 mil spent

Dzeko - 8.5
    Bony - 8.5
    Jelavic - 6.0

23 mil spent. That's a decent stab for a first team IMO. Players are underpriced compared to other seasons IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've gone ahead and picked a quick team to get this started:

Krul - 4.5
    Mannone - 4.5

9 mil spent

Debuchy - 5.5
    Baines - 7.0
    Shaw - 6.0
    Dunne - 4.5
    O'Brien - 4.5

27.5 mil spent

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Walcott - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Shelvey -5.5

40.5 mil spent

Dzeko - 8.5
    Bony - 8.5
    Jelavic - 6.0

23 mil spent. That's a decent stab for a first team IMO. Players are underpriced compared to other seasons IMO.

Decent team, Walcott and Sanchez both from Arsenal in midfield might be a bit much. Sancez is listed out of position i feel anyway should be a forward.

Would have more United representation in my team especially with the LVG factor and their opening fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Walcott won't be back until September/October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Walcott won't be back until September/October

It's just an initial draft. Will change a thousand times I'm sure but was something I threw together quickly.

My intial draft

De Gea - Schmeichel

Davies - O'Shea - Debuchy - Tripper - Ward

Sterling - Silva - Sanchez - Odemwingie - Hazard

RVP - Jelavic - Bony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

First draft
    Krul Manone 4.5m each
    Debuchy 5.5m B.Davies 5m Bruce 4m Ward 5m Trippier 5m
    Sanchez 10.5m Hazard 10m Eriksen 8m Tadic 7.5m Holiett 5m
    Rvp 12.5m Remy 7.5m Murray 5.5m

Bang on 100m.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    First draft
    Krul Manone 4.5m each
    Debuchy 5.5m B.Davies 5m Bruce 4m Ward 5m Trippier 5m
    Sanchez 10.5m Hazard 10m Eriksen 8m Tadic 7.5m Holiett 5m
    Rvp 12.5m Remy 7.5m Murray 5.5m

Bang on 100m.

Good team but my feeling is that Trippier could be overpriced at 5 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good team but my feeling is that Trippier could be overpriced at 5 million.

He is certainly not a bargain at that price its an awkward price as for 5 million you really should be playing him most weeks. I was expecting him to be 4.5 and am thinking I may hold off on him till my wildcard in gw4 as burnleys first two home fixtures are chelsea and utd and can see his price drop before gw4 if those results go as you would imagine as people will move to whatever cheap defender scores highly in the early weeks. He was an excellent championship player so hoping he translates this to the PL. Still waiting for burnley to sign another CB as duff who plays alongside shackell needs to be upgraded.

He is certainly not a bargain at that price its an awkward price as for 5 million you really should be playing him most weeks. I was expecting him to be 4.5 and am thinking I may hold off on him till my wildcard in gw4 as burnleys first two home fixtures are chelsea and utd and can see his price drop before gw4 if those results go as you would imagine as people will move to whatever cheap defender scores highly in the early weeks. He was an excellent championship player so hoping he translates this to the PL. Still waiting for burnley to sign another CB as duff who plays alongside shackell needs to be upgraded.

What about Ings? He's six million but his stats prior to last season look fairly poor.

What about Ings? He's six million but his stats prior to last season look fairly poor.

he had struggled with injuries prior to last year and was behind charlie austin in the pecking order. Austin went to qpr a few days before deadline day and Ings became first choice and had a great season. Ill probably have him in my team but vokes is a big loss to Ings as they had a great partnership. My other worry with him is whether burnley play 4 4 2 which they did last year. I could see ings potentially playing wide in a more 4 3 3/ 4 5 1 system this will become clearer in pre season.

First draft
    DDG Given
    Reid Huth Williamson O shea Chester
    Sanchez silva hazard eriksen marney
    Dzeko Rooney Ings
    Happy enough with that apart from no liverpool attacking coverage. 5 decent defensive options that can be rotated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

First draft
    DDG Given
    Reid Huth Williamson O shea Chester
    Sanchez silva hazard eriksen marney
    Dzeko Rooney Ings
    Happy enough with that apart from no liverpool attacking coverage. 5 decent defensive options that can be rotated.

Not interested at all in attacking Liverpool coverage they just aren't very tempting at the prices they have been given. Much better value out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cahill at 6.5m. Straight in my team.

jimmii wrote: »
    Not interested at all in attacking Liverpool coverage they just aren't very tempting at the prices they have been given. Much better value out there.

Depends on how they cope without suarez. They were scoring a serious amount of goals last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

First draft, really not happy with it but will keep chopping and changing
    Foster Krul
    Cameron Davies Vlaar Upson Reid
    Fabregas Ozil Toure Sanchez Britton
    RVP Agbonlahor Long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

First run through

Krul Mannone

Terry Koscielny Shaw Duff Chambers

Sanchez Ramsey Odemwingie Henderson Eriksen

Dzeko Naismith Rooney

100m exactly

Would wait to see if Henderson continues to be Brendan's favorite even with their new mids. Sigurdsson at Palace would be an easy swap. If Vermaelen went to ManU and started that would be a steal at 5.0m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Obviously this will change 1,000,000 times before the start of the season, but for now this is the basis of what I'll be working off, the blanks mean I'm yet to determine who the best cheap players for those positions are as I haven't had the time to research yet:

df35cbc4b96984dc1d7ac233f5adc0d5.png

Some reasoning (probably pointless writing this out as my team will change so much, but anyway):

Goalkeeper: De Gea + a £4.0m. I've got to take advantage of Manchester United's start.

Defenders: I need Chelsea coverage here. If it's determined that a cheaper option emerges (i.e, Luis comes in lower than £6.5m or Azpil starts at RB) I'll get them in to save a bit of money. Liverpool were more solid at the back than I thought they would be last year and I'd expect that to remain similar. After spending £18m on Sakho, he'll surely be played. Debuchy is presuming he signs for Arsenal. That would then be three options from three teams that should feature near the top of the clean sheet charts at the end of the season.

Midfielders: I don't think this takes much explanation. Sanchez should probably be down as a forward, Hazard is Hazard and takes plenty of set pieces, he should also get to take lots of free kicks now that Lampard and Luiz are gone. Spurs should be building around Eriksen and after a season to settle in and an attack minded manager should have plenty of opportunity to score points. King has quite a good record for Leicester over the years and will likely always be a sub.

Attack: Van Persie has great fixtures, has a manager who highly rates him and will also take plenty of set pieces. If it transpires he'll get a bit of a break due to the World Cup I'll look elsewhere, but if not he's in for me. Bony is Bony and may get a move to a bigger club, even if not he should score plenty for Swansea. Wickham as a third striker at £6m looks bargain stuff to me. He should start consistently and if he can carry his end of season form into this year, then £6m is so cheap.

Positives:

- Only one main player who is new to the Premier League which, after suffering badly due to putting a lot of my eggs in the newcomer basket last year, is a positive for me
    - I would expect 8 or 9 of those players to be among the top points scorers in their respective categories if they stay fit
    - Very few worries about starters

Worries:

- No Manchester City coverage (if Dzeko starts he would be a better option than Bony)
    - Needing to hit on some cut price options which is never easy
    - A possibility that a £10.5m midfielder may take some time to hit the ground running

As mentioned, my team will change loads before the week 1 deadline, but it's a solid base IMO. Not anywhere near perfect however. Any thoughts/advice? EDIT - I've just noticed that Odemwingie is down as a midfielder so I will try to work him in someway I think by reducing defensive spend.

Paully D wrote: »
    Obviously this will change 1,000,000 times before the start of the season, but for now this is the basis of what I'll be working off, the blanks mean I'm yet to determine who the best cheap players for those positions are as I haven't had the time to research yet:

df35cbc4b96984dc1d7ac233f5adc0d5.png

Some reasoning (probably pointless writing this out as my team will change so much, but anyway):

Goalkeeper: De Gea + a £4.0m. I've got to take advantage of Manchester United's start.

Defenders: I need Chelsea coverage here. If it's determined that a cheaper option emerges (i.e, Luis comes in lower than £6.5m or Azpil starts at RB) I'll get them in to save a bit of money. Liverpool were more solid at the back than I thought they would be last year and I'd expect that to remain similar. After spending £18m on Sakho, he'll surely be played. Debuchy is presuming he signs for Arsenal. That would then be three options from three teams that should feature near the top of the clean sheet charts at the end of the season.

Midfielders: I don't think this takes much explanation. Sanchez should probably be down as a forward, Hazard is Hazard and takes plenty of set pieces, he should also get to take lots of free kicks now that Lampard and Luiz are gone. Spurs should be building around Eriksen and after a season to settle in and an attack minded manager should have plenty of opportunity to score points. King has quite a good record for Leicester over the years and will likely always be a sub.

Attack: Van Persie has great fixtures, has a manager who highly rates him and will also take plenty of set pieces. If it transpires he'll get a bit of a break due to the World Cup I'll look elsewhere, but if not he's in for me. Bony is Bony and may get a move to a bigger club, even if not he should score plenty for Swansea. Wickham as a third striker at £6m looks bargain stuff to me. He should start consistently and if he can carry his end of season form into this year, then £6m is so cheap.

Positives:

- Only one main player who is new to the Premier League which, after suffering badly due to putting a lot of my eggs in the newcomer basket last year, is a positive for me
    - I would expect 8 or 9 of those players to be among the top points scorers in their respective categories if they stay fit
    - Very few worries about starters

Worries:

- No Manchester City coverage (if Dzeko starts he would be a better option than Bony)
    - Needing to hit on some cut price options which is never easy
    - A possibility that a £10.5m midfielder may take some time to hit the ground running

As mentioned, my team will change loads before the week 1 deadline, but it's a solid base IMO. Not anywhere near perfect however. Any thoughts/advice?

Could Fabregas not be a better option than Hazard at the million cheaper?

My own first draft from the site:

Mannone (Krul)
    Debuchy, Phil Jones, Glen Johnson (Dummett, Ward from Palace)
    Siggy, Fabregas, Sanchez, Odemwingie, Silva
    van Persie, Jelavic (Austin).

That team all have pretty decent fixtures in GW1. Debuchy and Siggy are dependent on moves.

Charlie Austin is weirdly showing up in a Norwich jersey. I've had a look at both him and Ings and I'm surprised Ings is getting so much interest and Austin isn't.

Paully D- liverpool were far from solid at the back last year 10 gks kept more clean sheets than mignolet including mannone and ruddy. They kept 10 cs all season with 3 of them coming in the first 3 games. The only positive Id take out of those stats is that in the first 3 games they had no suarez and wouldnt have played 2 upfront so they could be better defensively this year if they go with just sturridge up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Charlie Austin is weirdly showing up in a Norwich jersey. I've had a look at both him and Ings and I'm surprised Ings is getting so much interest and Austin isn't.

Heh, you can't keep a good man down :D

I'm taking that as a sign for the coming season, and thus a hero was born!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I think Sanchez is a pass at that price. Depending on how much Costa is I might swap him for Bony and bring in Puncheon/Adam in midfield. Haven't decided on the midfielders yet either, Mata and Silva could be changed for other players.

Krul
    £4.5
    Schmeichel
    £4.5

Morgan
    £4.5
    Lovren
    £5.5
    Debuchy
    £5.5
    Baines
    £7.0
    Koscielny
    £6.0

Fábregas
    £9.0
    Hazard
    £10.0
    Silva
    £9.0
    Arfield
    £5.0
    Mata
    £9.0

Bony
    £8.5
    Ings
    £6.0
    Austin
    £6.0

There isn't much in it but Ings shades it for me as you can have team names like Ings can only get better and Ings that make you go mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

First look at it but its going to change and change and change.....
    ghowt5Q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The first draft on many.

a12d17f9953d36b9a4f9a5131db9c013.png

How much is Mata? Hadn't even thought of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How much is Mata? Hadn't even thought of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine so far. Will chop and change. Hard to predict how Cesc will do with Oscar there too but he's too good.

GK - De Gea 5.5
    DF - Terry 6.5
    DF - Shaw 6.0
    DF - Upson 4.0
    MD - Sanchez 10.5
    MD - Fabregas 9.0
    MD - Silva 9.0
    MD - Erikson 8.0
    MD - Ince 5.5
    FD - Rooney 10.5
    FD - Dzeko 8.5

Subs:
    Myhill 4.0
    Mariappa 4.5
    Duff 4.0
    Zamora 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

opinions of this

krul
    mannone

terry
    Cameron
    vlaar
    morgan
    rosenior

mata
    sanchez
    fabregas
    erikson
    wanyama

rvp
    dzeko
    sharp

im open to sugestions for my cheap players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I haven't had a chance to draft a team as yet, but I'm a bit surprised by so many going for the Krul/Mannone combo. Opening fixtures aren't exactly great. The 'home' keeper would have Man City, Man Utd and Spurs in the first 4 weeks.

Given the number who WC early, it really isn't a great combo to have.

I think de Gea is a good option as Van Gaal will have Man Utd set up well defensively and its hard to know which defenders will play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

My intial team

De Gea
    Myhill

Baines
    Terry
    Ward
    Upson
    Yun

Silva
    Mata
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Tiote

Van Persie
    Bony
    Chamakh

The first glaring problem with it in my opinion is the lack of any Arsenal player. What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

frimpong wrote: »
    My intial team

De Gea
    Myhill

Baines
    Terry
    Ward
    Upson
    Yun

Silva
    Mata
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Tiote

Van Persie
    Bony
    Chamakh

The first glaring problem with it in my opinion is the lack of any Arsenal player. What do people think?
    Think about who will you put as captain? RVP sure, but you should have another obvious option IMO. Maybe you should allow Sanchez if you have the option. Other than that your team seems solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Initial Team

Krul
    Schmeichel

Debuchy Lovren Shaw Vlaar Cameron

Sanchez Fabregas Sigurdsson Barkley Ince

Ings RVP Dzeko

**Dependent on Debuchy Lovren and Sigurdsson getting their trasnfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Foster Krul
    Vermaelen Azpil Debuchy Vlaar Upson
    Mata Ozil Fabregas Silva Britton
    RVP Dzeko Zamora

Raf32 wrote: »
    Foster Krul
    Vermaelen Azpil Debuchy Vlaar Upson
    Mata Ozil Fabregas Silva Britton
    RVP Dzeko Zamora
    Azpil probably won't play much next year with Filipe Luis signing for Chelsea. Ivanovic will play on the right and Luis will play on the left I'd imagine

Azpil probably won't play much next year with Filipe Luis signing for Chelsea. Ivanovic will play on the right and Luis will play on the left I'd imagine

Possibly but i reckon Azp will play more often than Ivan with Ivan being used as a centre half more often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Opinions appreciated...
    De gea (Myhill)
    Terry Shawcross Ward Demichelis (Collins)
    Silva Mata Eriksen Ramsey (El ahmadi)
    Rooney Dzeko (Zamora)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Initial Attempt.

De Gea (Krul)

Koscielny Dunne Shawcrss Ward (Upson)

Sanchez Mata Silva Mirallas (Sidwell)

Dzeko Rooney(C) (Zamora)

I've gone for

Coutois (Chelsea) £6.0
    Schmeichel (Leicester) £4.5

Ben Davies (Swansea) £5.0
    Debuchy (Newcastle) £5.5
    Jones (United) £5.5
    Kompany (City) £6.5
    Wisdom (Liverpool) £4.0

Sterling (Liverpool) £8.5
    Eriksen (Tottenham) £8.0
    Siggurdsson (Tottenham) £6.0
    Hazard (Chelsea) £10.0
    Januzaj (United) £6.5

Rooney (United) £10.5
    Naismith (Everton) £5.0
    Giroud (Arsenal) £8.5

Depends on mooted moves for Debuchy to Arsenal, Davies to Liverpool/Tottenham, Wisdom to West Brom, Siggurdsson to Palace/Swansea going through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

First draught, but i honestly don't think it will change all that much. Depends on how much Costa comes in at but besides that i have all my top priced players nailed down so would only be the cheaper players who might get tinkered with.

A2NyxYq.jpg

slingerz wrote: »
    Possibly but i reckon Azp will play more often than Ivan with Ivan being used as a centre half more often
    I'd expect Terry and Cahills partnership to continue into next season.

• Advertisement

I'd expect Terry and Cahills partnership to continue into next season.

So would I. Terry organised that defence very well last season and Chelsea drew a couple of games while he was missing mainly because of his absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jose said he doesn't see Ivanovic as a cb last season anyway. He only played him there due to injuries I think.

Here's my first draft of many. Many I tells ya!

14a3hi.jpg

Goalkeepers: Begovic and Fabianski both come in at 5.0 and rotate perfectly. Yeah I'm spending 10 on keepers here but I'd be spending the same for Courtois and no back up. There's an assumption Fab will be first choice here too but Vorm is also 5.

The home keeper plays Villa, Burnley, WBA, Leicester in the first 4 and remains favourable. It's different to what's been mentioned and we know I like different :P

Defenders: Straightforward enough here but based on a number of assumptions. Debuchey moves to Arsenal, Davies moves to Spurs, Rafael is fit and first choice. From the first quick look at the BPS it seems like dribbles are rewarded more which could see Fullbacks reclaim the edge over CBs. KevIRL has a breakdown of the systemn on another thread.

Matt Targett is my early punt like I mentioned yesterday. If Southampton don't sign a replacement for Shaw then he looks set to replace him. At 4.0 and bench fodder it's fine for now. Santon speaks for himself as an FB too and Newcastle should be more solid, should be!

Midfielders: Sanchez and Eriksen require no reasoning really. If Walcott was fit he'd be in and where and how Sanchez plays will be interesting. Tadic and Arnie I'm not sure about but are here for now. Hazard/Mata/Silva and another mid range like Arnie or Snodgrass could be more viable. Waiting on Costa's pricing. King well he's cheap, should play and should be in the middle of Leicester's forays into the final 3rd.

Forwards: Rooney is here for now due to RVP's uncertainty to start the campaign but once fit will be a better option surely. Studge is a place holder for Costa nothing more. I would be shocked if Liverpool continued to score as freely as they did and their values don't show value as of now.

Austin is a goalscorer and could be the Lambert, Carroll, J-Rod of the season. A goal or assist most weeks nothing more and nothing less. If Remy stays it could be a problem though. Any of Ings, Nugent, Wickham, Fletcher or even Agbonlahor are all interesting alternatives. Not to mention Gayle or Murray from Palace.

The whole team will change by this time next week but that's the beauty of this game!

No Micky T?!

Dónal wrote: »
    No Micky T?!

:(

He's still in my heart. Next year he'll return and it will be glorious!

Any United fans care to give us an insight on the role Rooney is most likely to play next year? Looking in from the outside I think Van Gaal will play 4231 with RVP up front and Mata behind him. Anyone more in the know regards Man Utd care to give an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Draft # 1:

Goalkeepers:
    Howard (5.5), Guzan (4.5)

Defenders:
    Coleman (7.0), Skrtel (6.0), Targett (4.0), Terry (6.5), Bruce (4.0)

Midfielders:
    Silva (9.0), Odemwingie (6.5), Fábregas (9.0), Sigurdsson, (6.0), Sánchez (10.5)

Forwards:
    Austin (6.0), Giroud (8.5), Jalevic (6.0)

1m remaining.

Baldie wrote: »
    Draft # 1:

Goalkeepers:
    Howard (5.5), Guzan (4.5)

Defenders:
    Coleman (7.0), Skrtel (6.0), Targett (4.0), Terry (6.5), Bruce (4.0)

Midfielders:
    Silva (9.0), Odemwingie (6.5), Fábregas (9.0), Sigurdsson, (6.0), Sánchez (10.5)

Forwards:
    Austin (6.0), Giroud (8.5), Jalevic (6.0)

1m remaining.

Howard is overpriced IMO. I wouldn't touch Guzan or any goalkeeper associated with Paul Lambert. His teams are always dreadful for clean sheets.

Why have Coleman at 7 million when you can have Baines? Coleman had one great season. Baines has had several and takes penalties. Alex Bruce only played last season when others were injured and I'd expect similar this season.

Your forward line is very weak. Giroud is your main striker but Sanchez could effect his playing time. Jelavic and Austin are good picks IMO but you need a better captaincy option up top. In my draft I have these two but with RVP.

My draft that I'm now happy with:

Mannone
    Debuchy Terry Shaw
    Hazard Ramsey Eriksen Silva
    Austin RVP Jelavic

Krul, Dummett, Targett, Albrighton

Does anyone know is Dummett expected to play?

I'm not actually going to place that much emphasis on my initial matchday one squad to be honest. It's often a lottery as to who performs well.

Last year the GW started at 11.30 and I played my wildcard at six that night and it worked perfectly so I can see myself doing the same again.

That team above looks fairly decent to me. It's solid if not unspectacular in that it is missing players like Sanchez. Every one of the starting 11 is a proven PL performer, bar Austin.

As for RVP being rested, he's van Gaal's poster boy, he'll arrive back to training on 4th August by my counting and have two weeks to get ready for the PL season. He played feck all last year so tiredness shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd also point out this has happened many players in the game before. Top scorer one year and an average season the next before going back to being near indispensible again. Lads like Drogba, Lampard and Cesc did it for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Howard is overpriced IMO.

How so? He's in a team which claimed 15 clean sheets last season and looking at keepers from last season he was the second best value player after Mannone. Correctly priced I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement