Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

Just a little reminder.

If you signed up for this offer when it was posted by the OP and if you had to pay a deposit it is due to be repaid around now.

My deposit has been returned as credit on my invoice. I know a lot of people had problems with their invoicing (me included) so it might be worth keeping an eye out for your deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Omeceron wrote: »
    Just a little reminder.

If you signed up for this offer when it was posted by the OP and if you had to pay a deposit it is due to be repaid around now.

My deposit has been returned as credit on my invoice. I know a lot of people had problems with their invoicing (me included) so it might be worth keeping an eye out for your deposit.

Got mine back today and then they bumped me back up to the €30 bill. So another call to them now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I wonder what they will do when the year is up, they will lose some amount of customers if they bump it back up to €30.50..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bryaner wrote: »
    I wonder what they will do when the year is up, they will lose some amount of customers if they bump it back up to €30.50..

oh yeah, great deal at €15, but if they up it to €30 i'll cancel it straight away and look elsewhere.

Mactard wrote: »
    oh yeah, great deal at €15, but if they up it to €30 i'll cancel it straight away and look elsewhere.

Same as, I hope the're thinking a bird in the hand is two in the bush..

Edit: Thats the best thing about a sim free smart phone and a 30 day
    contract, you're the boss!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In fairness, Meteor ain't stupid, this is super value at €15, decent value at €20, but not that great value at €30, this won;t be going back to that price any time soon IMO

Just for the record, I've been on this deal since late March, no issues whasoever, my bills for the last couple of months have been around €16 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Zonda999 wrote: »
    In fairness, Meteor ain't stupid, this is super value at €15, decent value at €20, but not that great value at €30, this won;t be going back to that price any time soon IMO

Just for the record, I've been on this deal since late March, no issues whasoever, my bills for the last couple of months have been around €16 :)

Yeah no issues here either. brilliant value to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I moved from a rip off O2 plan to the Meteor 15 euro deal 2 months ago. No bill issues and really good customer service. Ported over the sim in less than a minute.

Decided I'd like unlimited texts so moved up to the 25 euro package, again no problems and great customer service.

I've seen in this thread that a lot of people were unhappy with Meteor support but credit where it's due, it's been excellent for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Zonda999 wrote: »

+1 to that as well.
    Can meteor change that contract at all? In other words can they say, we think 15e a month is to cheap we are now gonna charge you 20 etc.i presume they can right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

crazygeryy wrote: »
    +1 to that as well.
    Can meteor change that contract at all? In other words can they say, we think 15e a month is to cheap we are now gonna charge you 20 etc.i presume they can right?

Well while they say:
    Where Eligible Customers subscribe to the Offer during the Promotional Period, the Eligible Customer will be entitled to receive a monthly discount of 50% off their Meteor Bill Pay Lite 30 bill, down to a rate of €15.25 per month for a period of 12 months from the date of sign up of the Offer.
    They also say:
    Meteor reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions or withdraw the Offer in whole or in part at any time.

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/half_price_bill_pay_lite30/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Yes well lets hope they don't change it anytime soon.it's a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I just got a text from Meteor: "BEST NEWS EVER! Your price plan now includes FREE Meteor to Meteor Talk and Text for life! And you don't even need to do anything, it's now included automatically. To opt out freetext UNSUB to 50010"
    How cool was this deal and all for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I got the 20 euro deal and got my first bill. Is it normal that that 20 euro advertised is minus VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

no. It should be only the price you were quoted but as it's your first bill it could include a part month (a few days of a charge) and then a full month. Hence the fact it's more than 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Sniipe wrote: »
    I just got a text from Meteor: "BEST NEWS EVER! Your price plan now includes FREE Meteor to Meteor Talk and Text for life! And you don't even need to do anything, it's now included automatically. To opt out freetext UNSUB to 50010"
    How cool was this deal and all for €15.

I thought it was free Meteor to Meteor already

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

groom wrote: »
    I thought it was free Meteor to Meteor already

The offer was only free Meteor to Meteor for a year, looks like is extended for life now, waiting for my txt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

nava wrote: »
    The offer was only free Meteor to Meteor for a year, looks like is extended for life now, waiting for my txt too.

Correct, originally only a year. This is great news if its happening. I am on this deal and cant beat it.

The only thing I want is a new phone so have to weigh up buying a sim free model which will cost a good bit or get one on contract which will give me a cheap handset but increase my plan by €10 at least. May be worth it depending on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

This thread was started on 10/11/2011

Daniel S wrote: »
    Meteor are doing the above deal for €15 a month, it was (and still is in store) €30. It's a really good deal for smartphone users. I'm moving from the Golden SIM offer to this :)

Third one down. http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/#compare-all

It's the one that says €20, but when you add it to checkout, it's only €15.

I wonder has anyone's bill been bumped up to €30 / month

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

plu wrote: »

mine was due to go up this month but i rang them to cancel and they said they can make it stay at 15.25 for as long as i stay on the plan and still 30 day contract.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It would be business suicide to bump everyone up to €30 for this plan.

The plan must have netted them thousands of new customers who would otherwise have never considered Meteor. Since this plan was put in, there are loads of other offers from other providers that while still don't come close to €15 a month, would definitely beat the €30 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I spoke to a Meteor rep on their live chat on their site and she confirmed I should stay on the €15/month tariff unless I change myself, but the free meteor to meteor calls and texts will expire when the 12 months are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Elessar wrote: »
    I spoke to a Meteor rep on their live chat on their site and she confirmed I should stay on the €15/month tariff unless I change myself, but the free meteor to meteor calls and texts will expire when the 12 months are up.

That's interesting. I expected them to up everybody to €30. I have to say, I don't entirely believe her at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

plu wrote: »

I'll tell you in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

Zab wrote: »

That's interesting. I expected them to up everybody to €30. I have to say, I don't entirely believe her at this point.

I rang them two weeks ago about giving one months notice to cancel and was told I will be staying on this offer unless I change it....so said wont cancel so but am still watching the bills

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Elessar wrote: »
    but the free meteor to meteor calls and texts will expire when the 12 months are up.

I'm on the same plan, not sure exact wording but got a text before the summer that free meteor to meteor was extended as long as I was on that plan, did anyone else get that txt?

I've been chatting online and our 12 months expire on the 16th December so in January our bill will become €30.50.

I asked about the €15.25 and she says it's gone. I challenged her about it being on the homepage but she is having none of it.

She says the cheapest is €20.33

Meteor.png

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I've been chatting online and our 12 months expire on the 16th December so in January our bill will become €30.50.

I asked about the €15.25 and she says it's gone. I challenged her about it being on the homepage but she is having none of it.

She says the cheapest is €20.33

That ad is just a remnant of the offer, when you click it you get brought to the 20.33 price. Just an oversight on Meteor's part.

That's exactly my worry though, the support staff not having a clue what's going on. There're three options for what could happen, we continue at 15.25, get bumped to €20.33 or go the whole way to €30.50.

Zab wrote: »
    That's exactly my worry though, the support staff not having a clue what's going on. There're three options for what could happen, we continue at 15.25, get bumped to €20.33 or go the whole way to €30.50.

She told me it was going to continue as it is. I said "I'm keeping this back and forth as a transcript(online chat) "and suddenly she decided it was going to be bumped to €30.50 a month instead.

I had a look at the bill pay option. Same price as 20.33 but 500mb less data and the phone choices are SH*T!!! We can have the same phone she has now for FREE. WOW, some upgrade Meteor. :rolleyes:

Think a call into customer retention is in order.

If they are no help we have to cancel our 30 day contract by the 16th november or december(they might need 30 days notice or some sh*t) and re-sign up for the 20.33 because why pay €30.50 for something you can get for 20.33 today. :confused:

Surely meteor/ eircom aren't in the position to lose thousands of customers @ €15.25 a month, especially given their predicament!!

• Advertisement

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I had a look at the bill pay option. Same price as 20.33 but 500mb less data and the phone choices are SH*T!!! :

Actually, having just looked, the Desire X for €30 on that package seems pretty reasonable.

Advertisement