Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANTA STRIKE FORCE 2014! PLEASE DONATE AND SHARE!!!! :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Erm how do you share just link to this thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Erm how do you share just link to this thread??
    It's ok i figured it out ..duh lol I just shared a link to this thread :)

Seasons greetings all of you and a Happy New Year well done to all others to donate too :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've never posted here before, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who donates. We visit Barrettstown with my son, and I never realised you helped them as well. They love seeing photos of themselves and the friends they make whilst being as silly and funny as they can be.
    Hopefully we'll never need to use any of the other services.
    I'll donate when hubby gets paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Keep up the good work, it is a fantastic thing you do. Was a struggling Phd student the last few years and was unable to donate anything. 25 euro donated from me and my wife transaction ending 237034

Donating to this cause brought me good luck. I won a Christmas hamper yesterday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I've never posted here before, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who donates. We visit Barrettstown with my son, and I never realised you helped them as well. They love seeing photos of themselves and the friends they make whilst being as silly and funny as they can be.
    Hopefully we'll never need to use any of the other services.
    I'll donate when hubby gets paid!
    Barretstown has been hit at least 7 times in our history, they are a staple target for us because they pretty much align directly with our goals!

From memory we have funded:

1. The music room and instruments.
    2. The lego room (which is AWESOME :) )
    3. The giant toys and games in the forest
    4. The lego logo over 1 square metre in size and built by the kids
    5. The Mp3 players in each of the houses so they can rehearse for the big talent show!
    6. We fitted out their wood workshop with tools (including saw's with *lasers*... easily the coolest thing I've ever bought :)).
    7. A computer and digital cameras and t-shirt printing ...

#7 is funny because it was the first time we ever hit them. We left it on their door step rang the doorbell and hid in a bush to watch. We left a greeting card in the box too! They came out, looked at it, left it there and rang the cops to report that someone had stolen a computer and then had a crisis of conscience and left it on their doorstep! (and the cops told them to keep it!!!!).

After that we kinda stopped doing the anonymous hits :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

For those of us not in the know could you give a brief history of SSF. I heard the name and know that you buy cool stuff for disadvantaged kids but I never heard of the anonymous drops before :pac:

Is the concept like a elite squad of elves leaving pressies for the children in a shock 'attack'?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

DeVore wrote: »
    Barretstown has been hit at least 7 times in our history, they are a staple target for us because they pretty much align directly with our goals!

From memory we have funded:

1. The music room and instruments.
    2. The lego room (which is AWESOME :) )
    3. The giant toys and games in the forest
    4. The lego logo over 1 square metre in size and built by the kids
    5. The Mp3 players in each of the houses so they can rehearse for the big talent show!
    6. We fitted out their wood workshop with tools (including saw's with *lasers*... easily the coolest thing I've ever bought :)).
    7. A computer and digital cameras and t-shirt printing ...

#7 is funny because it was the first time we ever hit them. We left it on their door step rang the doorbell and hid in a bush to watch. We left a greeting card in the box too! They came out, looked at it, left it there and rang the cops to report that someone had stolen a computer and then had a crisis of conscience and left it on their doorstep! (and the cops told them to keep it!!!!).

After that we kinda stopped doing the anonymous hits :)

Devore, I have to say that in my opinion, Barrettstown is the best place ever for kids (and adults). When we were there, we did kayaking, horse riding, archery, rock climbing, theatre and arts and crafts to name just a few!! The Lego room is awesome and my son loved it in there. Its a brilliant place, because it allows children to be the best they can be with no limits! The Cara's are amazing and I would encourage those who can volunteer to get involved with them.

Keep up the great work!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    For those of us not in the know could you give a brief history of SSF. I heard the name and know that you buy cool stuff for disadvantaged kids but I never heard of the anonymous drops before :pac:

Is the concept like a elite squad of elves leaving pressies for the children in a shock 'attack'?
    Do you know what... I'll write the history of it over the next 24 hours and put that up in its own thread. It still amazes me that this is our 12th year (afaicr!) .... it seems like yesterday we started!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Done - €20

2*******VV6732150

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you know what... I'll write the history of it over the next 24 hours and put that up in its own thread. It still amazes me that this is our 12th year (afaicr!) .... it seems like yesterday we started!

Ah Jaysus, I didn't mean to give you extra work to do!! A brief synopsis would be fine.:P

Most importantly is will there be nudity this year?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ficheall wrote: »
    It may bankrupt me, but I'll match 10% of whatever that lunatic Beasty donates this festive season.
    I like a challenge;)

Anyway I'll match that:pac:

I'll throw in €400

Oh wait, that means I've got to add 10% - make it €440

...Sh!t another 10% of the extra 40 - OK €444

The only way to get this right is to round this up to €500 (as a starter:p)

Now before making the transfer and subjecting it to Paypal fees - I take it last year's bank account is still accepting payments? If so I'll make a direct transfer

Yep the bank account is still the same! (I wonder how much interest we have generated over the 12 years come to think of it....)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yep the bank account is still the same! (I wonder how much interest we have generated over the 12 years come to think of it....)

Can details of this bank account be posted so I can make a transfer please? I posted earlier in the thread about problems with me transferring money, but I can make it into a branch to do it directly.

Its in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129282 ...

I'll post it in the OP too, thanks!

[ssf] commando [/ssf]

Just added link to my signature, not that I've ever noticed anyones signature before.

Do you think I'd be classed as a nuisance if I copied link to the bottom of each and every post?

[ssf] commando [/ssf]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

[ssf] commando [/ssf]

Just added link to my signature, not that I've ever noticed anyones signature before.

Do you think I'd be classed as a nuisance if I copied link to the bottom of each and every post?

[ssf] commando [/ssf]

I'd say just leave it to your sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Done €50 - xxxxxx36M3076242T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

After going through 10 years of SSF, finally found the up to date thread...
    Saw some nice photos of pets on the way though.. :P

€20 Donated in the most roundabout way possible..
    2 installments, one of 6.96 and 13.04..

Encounter the same problem every year with PayPal, except I set i up this year but I'm stuck in a foreign country without a card reader, but I send it via Skrill to tom@spin.ie.

Both payments pending but I'll let you know when it's verified.

If not I'll send money as soon as I hit Irish shores on the 23rd of this month..
    Hoping for another successful year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Only €20. All i can spare at the moment :o

XXXXXX25FM601630L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but can you post BIC and IBAN for the bank account on the OP? I want to donate directly but my bank will only let me use the BIC and IBAN way now and I have no idea how to convert it.

Actually nevermind, went with the paypal method instead.
    Donated €20, I'll donate more later in the month - Transaction ID= 1RD04323W6151321H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but can you post BIC and IBAN for the bank account on the OP? I want to donate directly but my bank will only let me use the BIC and IBAN way now and I have no idea how to convert it.
    BIC: BOFIIE2D
    IBAN: IE45BOFI90008465748028
    Name on account - Beasty the thieving Bastard:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

€50 donated to account from ******89

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭PutDownArtist

Due to the fact that I'm skint, all I have to donate is my best wishes.

xxxxxxxxxBROKE186PWONLY

BIC: BOFIIE2D
    IBAN: IE45BOFI90008465748028

Name: Tom Murphy

(Don't mind Beasty, he actually gave out the real details alright! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

50 squids donated to acc there :)

OK, as it seems a bit quiet around here, let's try and give this year's appeal a bit of momentum!!

Firstly I want to be the ultimate thanks whore - I will donate €1 for every thanks I get in this thread before XMas day.:)

Secondly I will throw in €10 for every poster who make a (genuine!) pledge in this thread between now and midnight on Sunday 7th December

Let's see how much you guys can make me suffer:pac:

Dev, can you tweak the system a bit so that we can thank posts more than once?

:p

I could edit a database.... if they ever let me near the database again :(:(

• Advertisement

I could edit a database.... if they ever let me near the database again :(:(
    Dav seems quite proficient at pressing the (wrong) buttons.....:pac:

EDIT: and in response to the post below, yes I meant thread, although I may now condense messages into a smaller number of posts.....

EDIT2: and in response to the post two posts below - don't worry (too much!) - seems very quiet around here this year:P

EDIT3: and in response to the post 3 posts below - :P:P:P

EDIT4: and in response to the post 4 posts below - yes, that's the idea

EDIT5:
    DBB wrote: »
    Do you mean you'll donate €10 for every pledge a user makes? Or is is a tenner per user no matter how many pledges they make?
    *is trying to hatch a dastardly plan to remove lots of money from Beasty *
    It's a tenner per pledger, not per pledge - that particular cunning plan was anticipated when I made the original post.

And don't worry about removing lots of money from Beasty - that's going to happen anyway.....

EDIT6: and anyone banned for re-regging to pledge will not count either:)

Advertisement