Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Damn

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Bogey. Unlucky. Down to second shot. Lead is 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

In big trouble on the next hole in 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

pistol_75 wrote: »
    In big trouble on the next hole in 2

Where'd he hit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

fullstop wrote: »
    Where'd he hit it?

Actually got a good break. Finished on a small path in the middle of the windbushes apparently. Tough up and down but could have been much worse.

• Advertisement

4-5ft for bogey now. Hmmm ....

Double. Pity. -4 now. Co-leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hope the last 2 holes won't hamper his confidence after playing so well up to then

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Stitched at the 7th. About 3 feet for birdie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Birdie. Nice one Paddy

• Advertisement

Gives it straight back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Finishes with another bogey. 2 under might not be too bad with the weather coming in

paulie21 wrote: »
    Finishes with another bogey. 2 under might not be too bad with the weather coming in

Should be within 3 at the worst you'd think but he had a chance to lay down a serious target when he got to -7

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

least we not worried about him trying to make the cut, very safely in their..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

He'll have had the best of the weather and from where he was it's a poor finish but he'll defo be top 5 come the weekend which I'm sure he'd have taken at the start

fullstop wrote: »
    Should be within 3 at the worst you'd think but he had a chance to lay down a serious target when he got to -7

Yeah youd get over the +2 for the day - very tough course etc - but the fact he was at -7 for the tournament and is now -2 for tournament is a bit of a concern.

Hope he can turn it around tomorrow.

As someone said - hed have probably taken this at the start of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

I know it's disappointing after where he was, but it's a great position to be in heading into the weekend. Gives him the chance to get that win that will put him into the US Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Maybe he prefers being the hunter rather than the hunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Ruu wrote: »
    Maybe he prefers being the hunter rather than the hunted.

So the poor finish was deliberate :confused:

MikeSD wrote: »
    I know it's disappointing after where he was, but it's a great position to be in heading into the weekend. Gives him the chance to get that win that will put him into the US Open.

Theres a lot of plus par scores out there too - Alexander Levy is on +7 for the day. Molinari finished on +2 for the day as well.

He (Padraig) was on the news a while ago and said he was very disappointed

• Advertisement

So the poor finish was deliberate :confused:

I was half joking there. :p

Here is what he said yesterday.
    "I know from experience now that I'm in a position where there's many ways of competing in this tournament. I've two options; play great from now on and try and get away from the field or play average and fight it out on Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

I was half joking there. :p

Here is what he said yesterday.

Well I think battling on Sunday is a better idea. If you go all out on that course you can really get punished. Play a patient game and you will most certainly be in contention right until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Difficult to know how to feel about paddy's round today but on a positive note,he had a mare on his second 9 and yet is only a shot off the lead,just goes to show how impressive the previous 27 odd were...he'd be miles ahead if he had parred his way home..big day tomorrow...he hasn't really done well in 3rd rounds enough but if he can stay in touch I'd very quietly confident for Sunday...refreshing to have not even worried in the slightest about the cut!

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Difficult to know how to feel about paddy's round today but on a positive note,he had a mare on his second 9 and yet is only a shot off the lead,just goes to show how impressive the previous 27 odd were...he'd be miles ahead if he had parred his way home..big day tomorrow...he hasn't really done well in 3rd rounds enough but if he can stay in touch I'd very quietly confident for Sunday...refreshing to have not even worried in the slightest about the cut!

He will have to put what happened in the 2nd 9 today completely out of his head. Hes almost going to have to treat it as if he starting the event all over again I think.

Its weird because something quite similar happened in his 3rd round in the even he played in the week before the masters.

Same scenario - flying up to a nice score - -9 in that event the week before the masters - then over a number of wholes he drops 5/6 shots.

Its a bit depressing because you wonder how will he turn it around for tomorrow given that the positive momentum may have been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Old diesel wrote: »
    He will have to put what happened in the 2nd 9 today completely out of his head. Hes almost going to have to treat it as if he starting the event all over again I think.

Its weird because something quite similar happened in his 3rd round in the even he played in the week before the masters.

Same scenario - flying up to a nice score - -9 in that event the week before the masters - then over a number of wholes he drops 5/6 shots.

Its a bit depressing because you wonder how will he turn it around for tomorrow given that the positive momentum may have been lost.

Sure let's see how it goes...seems to be playing very tough which may suit paddy in terms of grinding a decent round out...+5 is a seriously high cut mark so the fact he was 7 shots inside that despite being 5 over on his bqck nine tells an interesting story that can be interpreted a number of ways...I'd be hopefully he can put the second 9 behind him...had he parred the last 2 we'd all be gushing with positivity....it was up and down on the back nine (obviously more down then up)which to me is more hopeful Rather than a uniform decline....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Forgotten password 99

He is playing with Luke Donald tomorrow at 12:50.

Looks like to be the best pairing,so we will so loads of padráig tomorrow :)

Looks like he's shot the load for the week again

-1 for the tournament through 4 holes. Steady the ship now, wouldn't like to see him losing any more ground.

ed. another bogey..back to E. :/

-1 for the tournament through 4 holes. Steady the ship now, wouldn't like to see him losing any more ground.

ed. another bogey..back to E. :/

Slipping away from him now :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Birdie:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement