Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Tekken 6 and a wireless stick for 49 sterling - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IC04AE/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

joconnell wrote: »
    Tekken 6 and a wireless stick for 49 sterling - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IC04AE/

Jun will sell one for 49 euro:pac:

It's not a great stick

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Modded my stick with the new HBSF-30 "silent" buttons

I got these also, did you find the build quality to be poor? When I was putting them together they were really fiddly (the way they're split up into 3 different parts, the prongs would bend very easily when connecting them), and the coloured wires would sit very loosely on the connection points. Maybe I got a poor set.. did you have these problems by any chance?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    I got these also, did you find the build quality to be poor? When I was putting them together they were really fiddly (the way they're split up into 3 different parts, the prongs would bend very easily when connecting them), and the coloured wires would sit very loosely on the connection points. Maybe I got a poor set.. did you have these problems by any chance?

I've had the exact same problems as you. The connections are quite loose and I've been thinking I should just try to tape them down or something!

Its a shame because the buttons themselves are great. I'm using the red switches at the moment and I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

They kept falling out once I had put the stick back together, so I just put the OBSF30s back in :L

I really liked the reds too, think Ill try it again with tape, thx for the idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    No problems for me, maybe you got the first-revision adapters by mistake.

A bit of tape probably the best quick-fix solution.

No problems for me, maybe you got the first-revision adapters by mistake.

Yeah that's what I reckon too. Its not the end of the world though. As I said they're great buttons regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

They have a couple of of HRAPs in GameStop Abbey Street for 110 quid now, I was going to get one but they are only PS3.

Anyone know where to get a decent stick in Dublin for XBOX360?

I have a nice TE but want to get a second stick for offline play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

anyone got a spare "c clip" for a sanwa stick lying about they dont need?
    was cleaning stick and it sprung off into the unknown :(:(:(

anyone got a spare "c clip" for a sanwa stick lying about they dont need?
    was cleaning stick and it sprung off into the unknown :(:(:(
    I'll have a root around in my spare-parts bin, but I can't actually find the size of E-clip needed from a hardware store - possibly 3/8" (9.5mm).

Maybe try rooting around your floor with a strong fridge magnet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I'll have a root around in my spare-parts bin, but I can't actually find the size of E-clip needed from a hardware store - possibly 3/8" (9.5mm).

Maybe try rooting around your floor with a strong fridge magnet?

e clip,crud i thought they were called c clips :o

anyway it ok now, i went to hardware store and guy there sent me to a auto parts shop when showed him a picture of what i needed.
    theres a car part called a "cert?" clip thats the same thing,20c so i bought 10.
    stick working fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Anyone here got the HORI HRAP VF5FS stick? It's a seriously sexy thing. I've been off and on about getting it but unfortunately, they're out of stock now :(.

I might just consider changing the artwork on my TE to some sort of VF5FS theme though.

Anyone here got the HORI HRAP VF5FS stick? It's a seriously sexy thing. I've been off and on about getting it but unfortunately, they're out of stock now :(.

I might just consider changing the artwork on my TE to some sort of VF5FS theme though.

Had been thinking about a VF artwork mod myself:

SiszRl.jpg

Honestly though, that VF5FS stick disappointed me.
    - No Sega layout :(
    - Tekken colour layout :rolleyes:

Nice Aoi template! :). I think I'll be making an Akira themed one myself. Just too lazy to install PSP7 :P (yep, I'm old school ;))

Are you sure it's not the Sega layout? Afaik, that's the Blast City cab layout. I was messing around on Art's Hobbies with the Panel Builder and found that the only difference between the Blast City layout and the Vewlix layout were the additional 5 buttons and joystick position (it's a bit lower in the Blast layout) but if you were to play VF using just the 3 buttons using the VF layout (X, A: G / Square, X: P / Triangle, Y: Kick), the buttons will have the same spacing as if you were using an Blast City panel so it's not worth having a Blast City panel if you'll be using the same 3 buttons as the Vewlix panel.

To be pedantic about it though, the three buttons that would generally be used for VF are slightly higher, and I mean, slightly higher up in the Blast City layout.

If you use a different set of buttons though, then yes, I could understand how the layouts would differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Anyone willing to insert a ps360+ into my Hori VLX and RAP V3 (both PS3)?

Also, would anyone know if this would allow me to play on a Korean XBox?

Nascimento wrote: »
    Anyone willing to insert a ps360+ into my Hori VLX and RAP V3 (both PS3)?

Also, would anyone know if this would allow me to play on a Korean XBox?

Yes and yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Excellente.

PM sent.

Huge discounts on Madcatz sticks right now:
    http://store.gameshark.net/Mad_Catz-Xbox_360/248

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Huge discounts on Madcatz sticks right now:
    http://store.gameshark.net/Mad_Catz-Xbox_360/248

80 quid off?

Thats bonkers!

That's nuts. Tempted to get one even though I have little need for one.

This must be what women feel like when they see shoes on sale:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

A friend is selling one of the original TE sticks for PS3, and (even though I haven't seen it) it is essentially unused - bought on impulse, but he never played anything other than arcade and practice modes. He wants to know what a fair price for it is. Still in box with cert, etc.

I haven't a clue what to tell him, any thoughts here?

€60-€70 I guess?????

Up to €70 sounds about right.

A pity it's PS3, since most players here are Xbox (and nothing noteworthy has come out for PS3-importers lately).

Rob2D wrote: »
    €60-€70 I guess?????
    Up to €70 sounds about right.

A pity it's PS3, since most players here are Xbox (and nothing noteworthy has come out for PS3-importers lately).

Cheers lads. Alright, I'm putting it out here now... stick is available for €60 if anyone is interested. I can meet in Limerick, or will be in Dublin on Monday 4th March. I'm selling on his behalf.

Honestly Burning Eclipse, he'd be shooting himself in the foot to take €60 for it. A TE stick is still valuable these days. Just having a quick glimpse on Amazon and eBay and I'm already seeing prices of £100+ so I guess that works out at around €120. Don't take €60 for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Nobody is going to buy a used round one TE for anywhere close to that much.

Honestly Burning Eclipse, he'd be shooting himself in the foot to take €60 for it. A TE stick is still valuable these days. Just having a quick glimpse on Amazon and eBay and I'm already seeing prices of £100+ so I guess that works out at around €120. Don't take €60 for it!
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Nobody is going to buy a used round one TE for anywhere close to that much.

As Dreddy has said, I feel those prices are certainly on the high side, especially considering recent promotions on the SFxT line of sticks.

He offered me the TE and a wired Hori BlazBlue stick for €50. I told him I'd sell the TE for him, and give him whatever profit I made from it, meaning I still get the Hori for free.

If anyone on boards wants it, it's theirs for €60. If I sell it on the likes of adverts or donedeal, then I'll ask €80.

A third option would be to dual mod it, and keep it myself. How much would that cost Kiki?

Well, it's all about market value. If say, you try to sell it for €90 and advertise it in the right places (SRK, neoempire, etc.), it could be sold easily because it'll be cheaper than everyone else. I've sold a number of items based on this principle. The Madcatz promotion is £75 when you factor in shipping costs so cost-wise, if you sold it for €90, it'll still be around the same amount of money and that promotion isn't going to last very long.

If you're interested in keeping it, I have some modding experience so I could dual mod it if that's what you want. Up to you.

Anyway, if you're interested in dual-modding it, I can do it for €80. I know it seems steep but the PCB that'll be used for this isn't cheap (€59 incl. shipping).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well, it's all about market value. If say, you try to sell it for €90 and advertise it in the right places (SRK, neoempire, etc.), it could be sold easily because it'll be cheaper than everyone else. I've sold a number of items based on this principle. The Madcatz promotion is £75 when you factor in shipping costs so cost-wise, if you sold it for €90, it'll still be around the same amount of money and that promotion isn't going to last very long.

If you're interested in keeping it, I have some modding experience so I could dual mod it if that's what you want. Up to you.

I got my new stick from Madcatz with free delivery to Ireland using Parcel Motel.

Advertisement