Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Don't know if anyone has spotted this yet, but there's a newsagent right on the corner of O'Connell Street, I think called Daniel O'Connell (nice pun :D) and yer wan in there has about 5 or 6 Gashapon machines at €2 a pop.

Sadly no Gundam or Shooting Game Historica but there's some Mario DS and Dragon Ball GT items in there.

Just thought to share the news. Worth a look I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sunset Riders original arcade pcb £55 sterling over on Arcade Otaku.

unledwwex.png

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18170

I know a couple of peeps here are fans so jump on this quick if you want it.

I'd say he'd take less than 55 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

hellboy99 wrote: »

No offence, nice bundle & all...but its too dear

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    No offence, nice bundle & all...but its too dear
    That's the price I was told to put on it and I already had an offer of €80.

That's the price I was told to put on it and I already had an offer of €80.

It's not far off, if you get €80 for it sure well & good though. I'd have seen it somewhere in the region of €50/60 though.

I'd have seen it somewhere in the region of €50/60 though.
    I was told that at first just for the machine and the games, but when the guy I spoke too seen I had Ys: The Vanished Omens & Golden Axe Warrior he said I should get €80 for it no problem.

I was told that at first just for the machine and the games, but when the guy I spoke too seen I had Ys: The Vanished Omens & Golden Axe Warrior he said I should get €80 for it no problem.

Ah I see, maybe some of the games rarity/value may have a bearing on it if so. Apologies in that case :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

with time, you will prob get 80 if you hold out long enough, i think the problem is, even though its probably worth close to that, its hard to get someone willing to spend 80 on it. resession, close to xmas, and its not exactly the ferrari of retro gaming either. if it was a mastersystem 1 id say it would go for 80 in no time.

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    with time, you will prob get 80 if you hold out long enough, i think the problem is, even though its probably worth close to that, its hard to get someone willing to spend 80 on it. resession, close to xmas, and its not exactly the ferrari of retro gaming either. if it was a mastersystem 1 id say it would go for 80 in no time.

The Mastersystem 1 is still one I've yet to procure...damn lack of space (and money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Sunset Riders original arcade pcb £55 sterling over on Arcade Otaku.

I know a couple of peeps here are fans so jump on this quick if you want it.

I'd say he'd take less than 55 for it.

Nice spot!

A guy was selling a similar Sunset Riders PCB on here a couple of years ago for €50. I made an offer, was ready to pick it up, but then it turned out he'd sold it to someone else :(

Very tempted by that now.

Seriously cheap Astro City cab here. €150 (plus €250 shipping). 2 hours left to bid. Someone could nab a bargain.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320788725499

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The Mastersystem 1 is still one I've yet to procure...damn lack of space (and money!)

Same, dont have a 1 or 2. I keep saying im not buying anything else until i finish the arcade cab, then i keep spotting NES games! I seen a master system 2 at a car boot a while back, but the guy was looking for 30quid for it. I walked on..

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Seriously cheap Astro City cab here. €150 (plus €250 shipping). 2 hours left to bid. Someone could nab a bargain.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320788725499

Went for €755 inc shipping in the end. Bit OTT for a 110v/1P CP cabinet I think. Looking at the description it doesn't mention if it has a transformer in it either so could prove a bit more costlier than it first looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Another few bits today.

The GBA SP's screens are in perfect condition but the cases have a few scratches on them.
    That GBA SP case from Mad Catz is actually a damn solid thing and a nice freebie with the sale.

Also got a new screen lens for a Game Boy DMG-01 and 2 copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta (more on that in a second).

dsc5662g.jpg

dsc5663.jpg

So I got my 2 copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta, or so I thought!

dsc5665u.jpg

Feckin Gun Metal!!, GUN METAL!!!

F*** that S*** motherf*****.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

ger keogh wrote: »
    well people i found a cool site that u can get all the old console and they come stright to ur door their on facebook with their pics of what their selling
    So eh.. who are they? :P

a firend in work told me about them i found them on facebook i think it was irishretrogaming somthing like that
    So your friend told you about it but the person I have to contact is also called Ger?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

yea i think thats him

Strange that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

So your friend told you about it but the person I have to contact is also called Ger?

Wouldn't be the same Ger that listed as a contact on this page now would it now? :rolleyes:

BTW, the link was sent along in a private message from an adverts user called alycat05 who seemed to suggesting that I oughta sell the contents of my ads to the above site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ger's taking an extended break from posting on the forum so back on topic.

Thanks
    LoGiE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Wouldn't be the same Ger that listed as a contact on this page now would it now? :rolleyes:

BTW, the link was sent along in a private message from an adverts user called alycat05 who seemed to suggesting that I oughta sell the contents of my ads to the above site.
    jaysus some of them are horrible prices...

ah ..that guy .
    The chap who offers stupidly low bids straight away?
    hmmm

I'v no problem with people buying this stuff to make a profit, because it provides us with a service; but not when it's from the same place we all go to; that just annoys me.
    </rant>

Master of the Universe

Real copy of Rendering Ranger for anyone feeling like buying something expensive -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Rendering-Ranger-R2-Super-Famicom-SFC-SNES-Nintendo-/160679376813

I've always wanted a 'BANDI Wonteswan'.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I've always wanted a 'BANDI Wonteswan'.

Would you be someone who 'wantes wan' badly?

Would you be someone who 'wantes wan' badly?

I find your comment very interseting. Thnaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's a Gameboy Colour and battery add-on in the glass cabinet of Enable Ireland on Camden Street. 15e.

Master of the Universe

Guy in the UK with two interesting auctions.

First has both Radiant Silvergun AND Battle Garegga. Starting price is under £100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radiant-Silvergun-Battle-Garegga-/180757163050?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2a15f76c2a

He also has the complete PDS Saturn collection. Starting at 75 pounds.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panzer-Dragoon-Saga-Including-Panzer-Dragoon-1-2-/180757152344?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2a15f74258

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I saw Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow in CEX this evening for €12. Having purchased Assassin's Creed Revelations yesterday and with Zelda coming out on Friday I thought it best to save my money.

Now sitting at home I feel like quite the fool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement