Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

smokingman wrote:
    Streets of Rage 2, SEGA, Rated E
    Sweet, i guess i'll have to shell out for points again (first time in about 3/4 weeks).

Also, Holy Sh*t, Alien Storm is rated too... that and MERCS are two of the Megadrive games that i've been banking on since Virtual Console launched :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I used to 1 credit MERCS in the arcades. The megadrive conversion is almost arcade perfect but it also has a bonus game which has completely new levels than the arcade game and is just as long. Really good value for money.

Streets of Rage 2 is an absolute classic, can't wait for it. It hasn't aged a bit unlike the first game.

Panic on Funkatron is also really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I used to 1 credit MERCS in the arcades. The megadrive conversion is almost arcade perfect but it also has a bonus game which has completely new levels than the arcade game and is just as long. Really good value for money.

Streets of Rage 2 is an absolute classic, can't wait for it. It hasn't aged a bit unlike the first game.

Panic on Funkatron is also really good.

The bonus "Original mode" in Mercs is better than the arcade mode. Definitely a worthy purchase if you don't have a copy. One of my fav Megadrive games of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

According to British Gaming Blog, this weeks releases are out early due to a German holiday...

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - 800 Points.
    Mario and Yoshi (NES) - 500 Points.

The DKC games are classic, and the second one is probably my favourite from the series. I've played it to death, so I don't think I'll be getting it. If you liked DKC1 and want a different (and harder!) experience, go ahead and grab it.

Edit: Not yet available in UK/Ireland.

OK, both games are available now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The yanks got Streets of Rage 2 today but even more exciting is that they got Blazing Lasers otherwise known as Gunhed, probably the best shmup ever on the TG-16. Hope we get it soon.

No SOR2, unfortunately.

Mach Rider (NES)
    Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
    Blazing Lasers (TG16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Virtual Schmirtual" this week...

.. roll on Mario Strikers Charged tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I LOVE Super Mario Bros 2... :D

Well... if it's the European one, which I think was some other Japanese game re-branded as a Mario game... I loved it anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Awesome, SMB2!!!

• Advertisement

Screw Mario 2, never liked it that much.

Blazing lasers is the western name for Gunhed which is the best shmup on the TG-16 and should be the game you pick up this week instead of the other tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

F-Zero 64 and Paper Mario 1 are listed for Japan in July....mmmmmmm
    Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Thought they would have released all stars at two euro dearer than the single games, releasing them one by one detracts from the whole thing.

This week - SOR2, Kid Chameleon, Toe Jam and Earl, and one other I can't remember.....

SoR2: Absolute classic. Buy it now.
    Kid Chameleon: I don't know why it's rated so highly by some people. Absolute crap.
    Toe Jam and Earl 2: Great platform game with some very funny moments. Don't let the original put you off it's a very different game.

Can't be arsed getting out of bed to check the other one.

Adventures of Lolo and Balloon Fight (NES)
    Dead Moon (TG16)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

...and?
    can't believe that I was actually going to turn my Wii on to check this week's releases:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Next friday will be the release of the 100th virtual game. Could there be something special being set up?:rolleyes:

A big collective meh this week then?

Game 100: F-Zero X !! (1000 points)

Also JJ and Jeff (TG16)

• Advertisement

Nearly danced when I saw F-Zero X - downloaded it asap and played it 'til about two. Ahh the memories...:)

Balls, spent all my Wii points last week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

just downloaded f-zero x never got it for my n64 but holy s??t its amazing well better then the original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i wonder if mortal combat and micro machines will ever come out?

We have street fighter 2 already so who cares about crappy mortal kombat.

China Warrior (TG16)
    Megaman (NES)

Maybe next week they'll say "Hmmmm... over 100,000 people downloaded FZero, and only 4 people downloaded China Warrior... I've an idea - lets only put good f**king games up in future!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Does anybody know if Nintendo have given any information on when you'll be able to trade your nintendo stars for wii points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Does anybody know if Nintendo have given any information on when you'll be able to trade your nintendo stars for wii points?

no but it will happen in some time soon hopefully

Odds on there'll be SNES StreetFighter 2 Turbo tonight...

No idea of any other possibilities.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Carmageddon 64 FTW! .... but seriously i hope we get street firhter 2 turbo:D

ok this week we have Bloody Wolf for the turbografx and Kirbys Dream Course for the Super Nes....

Bloody wolf is a great Commando/Mercs clone while I haven't a clue about dream course but have the suspicion that it isn't so hot.

VC games in Japan in July include Paper Mario, Wave Race 64 and Dynamite Heddy!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20511

Paper Mario would be very nice. PAL copies go for 100+ stingers on e-bay. Hope we get Air Zoink as well since it's another rarity, it's out in America at the moment. Wave Race would be nice especially if it's fullscreen and full speed like the rest of the VC N64 games, the PAL version was an absolute travesty.

Sequels, sequels, sequels....

Golden Axe 2, Sonic 2, Ecco 2 and Dragon Spirit.

• Advertisement

Golden Axe 2: Gets lots opf praise but it's only slighty better than the first, get SOr1 or 2 instead. Incredibly bland soundtrack.

Sonic 2: Best of all the sonic games, an absolutely briliant game that you will keep coming back to.

Ecco 2: More of the same, I actually liked this until I go horribly stuck halfway through in a level were I had to look for an orca's babies.

Dragon Sprit: Great shmup for the TG-16. Can't get enough of these games, love the TG-16 VC games :)

Air Zonk...

.... and Paper Mario !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ooh paper mario. Is it deffo worth buying, I have 2000 points just sitting waiting to be spent. Don't have a classic controller though... :confused:

gettin paper mario tomorrow , good stuff nintendo!

Paper Mario!!!

Now if only eircom would switch on my bloody broadband in my new house....grrrr.....

Something of this calibre would be released when I'm netless....

• Advertisement

2 games that are well worth the points. Not only are they extremely rare and go for ridiculous prices on ebay they are also fantastic games. Excellent. I'm off to get some Wii points.

SF2T Hyper Fighting (SNES)
    Silent Debuggers (TG16)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

TmB wrote:
    SF2T Hyper Fighting (SNES)

Finally. Worth the download or wait until they release Super SF2T?

According to Eurogamer, Metroid (NES) was added too (it wasn't there at 12 last night though).

Screw Metroid... give us Super Metroid! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TmB wrote:
    According to Eurogamer, Metroid (NES) was added too (it wasn't there at 12 last night though).

Screw Metroid... give us Super Metroid! :)
    Aye, I didn't spot it last night either:confused:
    Already have Zero Mission, so I think I'll wait for Super Metroid...

Yep, stick to zero mission. Metroid has dated extremely badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Paper Mario?! Where have you been all my life baby??!!

*cuddles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Gah! Just spent 1000 points on paper mario not realising it was an RPG. hate it, just not my type of game. Thought it would be more like Super Paper Mario that is coming out for the Wii. Pity you can't swap games! :(

Kirbys Ghost Trap (SNES)
    Devils Crush (TG16)

Big fat meh.

Upcoming VC games in Japan:
    July 31
    Wave Race64 1,000 Pts.
    Ghouls 'n Ghosts 600 Pts.
    Power Ring 4 600 Pts.

August
    Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken 500 Pts.
    Super Mario USA 500 Pts.
    Volleyball 500 Pts.
    Spelunker 500 Pts.
    Street Fighter II Turbo 800 Pts.
    Otogirsou 800 Pts.
    Crackdown (SEGA) 600 Pts.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 600 Pts.
    ESWAT 600 Pts.
    Gradius 600 Pts.
    Image Fight 600 Pts.
    Adventure Island 600 Pts.
    Ordyne 600 Pts.
    Drop Lock Hora Hora 600 Pts.

Hallelulia! ESWAT was one of the best games ever and the game that persuaded me to purchase Cybernator cause of the "big robot suit with guns" factor. Wave Race - thank you nicely :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement