Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Why dont they do (now I havent played Lylat wars) a week where they release there top selling games. Like SMB2/SMB3 or MK2/MK3 or Sonic Knuckles (or any sonic where you can speed by yourself)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Probably because they would be in danger of making me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have a huge library of games, so I guess if they released all the great games now, they'd be stuck releasing crap like Pacman 12 months from now.

Err... wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

TmB wrote:
    They have a huge library of games, so I guess if they released all the great games now, they'd be stuck releasing crap like Pacman 12 months from now.

Err... wait....

What's wrong with packman?!?

Obviously never played Pac-Attack ;)

So kids, are we going to be flying around the Lylat system about 15 hours from now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TmB if you've just jinxed it, so help me god... ;) lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Welcome everyone to the weekly thursday b*tching about Nintendo session on the Virtual Console Thread. Todays topic, as per usual, is are we ever going to get lylat wars?

If we do get it this week I will be slightly annoyed. You see the play I'm in has just started and therefore I won't be able to give this a proper go until the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Welcome everyone to the weekly thursday b*tching about Nintendo session on the Virtual Console Thread. Todays topic, as per usual, is are we ever going to get lylat wars?
    Too true. I think Lylatwars is the only thing that could draw me back to my Wii at the moment... even Streets of Rage has lost its lustre. That said, this drought has caused me reinvigorate old hobbies so it's not all bad.

I want to be barrel rolling by midnight.

I'm all hyped up after the play and in the mood for some barrel rolling.

SMB2 please.

• Advertisement

Donkey Kong Jr Maths....

... and Lylat Wars! :)

Quiet! I hear something... oh yeah, it's the Virtual Console download screen telling me that Lylatwars has finished downloading. Never has the sound of Mario collecting coins brought so much joy to my heart. I take back most of what i've said against Nintendo, this was worth waiting for. If you're reading this and you've not downloaded Lylatwars, you should be downloading it... if you have then go and play it. If you can't, buy some Wii points.

...oh yeah, there was some other game too. Some sh*t about math and apes.

EDIT: Beaten... damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Simian mathematics, you say? Interesting...

What a rather enjoyable game of lylat wars. Damn you nintendo for making me love you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Welll... arsebiscuits.. only 400 points in my account! :eek:

And i'm going to work now!

Oh how you mock me, cruel fate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Smokingman disco dances, pointing fingers in the air, wearing white flares and struts his stuff!:D :cool:

Smokingman also stays awake playing Lylat Wars 64 and nearly misses work this morning because of being absolutely shattered but went to work with a smile on his face nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,280 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

where do i get poinst to buy these downloads - can i just use my credit card?

Yep, in the shopping channel, there is a button to buy points. Select it, enter your credit card details, and you're away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Right we got Mario Cart we got Mario World we got Zelda and We got Lyat Wars!! So the question is whats the next BIG game?

• Advertisement

Right we got Mario Cart we got Mario World we got Zelda and We got Lyat Wars!! So the question is whats the next BIG game?
    My prayers go out to Turok 2.

Pilotwings please.

TmB wrote:
    Pilotwings please.

Oh god yes please! I want to shoot missiles at that metal robot coming out of the sea at least five hundred thousand more times! - the only flight sim (kinda) that I've ever loved.

Beetle Adventure Racing is currently being rerated. That is an excellent arcade racer that was neglected on release.

Sega have announced Streets of Rage 2 and Toejam and Earl 2 for the VC today \o/

Toejam and Earl 2 is a completely different and infinitely better game than the first one iirc.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Beetle Adventure Racing is currently being rerated. That is an excellent arcade racer that was neglected on release.

I still have the cart of that - it was a pretty cool game back in the day with all the shortcuts and the speed of it later on - wonder how it's aged....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Shred

Rhyme wrote:
    My prayers go out to Turok 2.

Amen to that brother;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Paper mario? Waverace? Majora's Mask? N64-wise anyway...

Retr0gamer wrote:

EXCELLENT!!!
    I still have the cart of this, and gave it a blast with my brother not that long ago! Only things letting it down IMHO are a dodgy framerate, and it could have used a few more courses... but Love++ for Beetle Adventure Racing...

Oh, and I too have only 400 points... and won't be near my Wii all weekend... :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol i've been playing Lylat Wars on me modded XBOX for the last ages! the game rocks! i've also gotten addicted to Super Mario World on the SNES on it too. God Bless emulators!

Also, Is streets of rage 2 better than 3? I've been playin 3 for the last while but havent even loaded up 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Id like to see the original Mario Party.

The_B_Man wrote:
    lol i've been playing Lylat Wars on me modded XBOX for the last ages! the game rocks! i've also gotten addicted to Super Mario World on the SNES on it too. God Bless emulators!

Also, Is streets of rage 2 better than 3? I've been playin 3 for the last while but havent even loaded up 2.

But it's not perfect on the xbox. Bloody annoys me for some reason when emulation isn't pixel perfect.

There's not much difference between SoR 2 and 3 but 2 is slightly better and has a better soundtrack.

• Advertisement

I preferred SoR 2... U.S got that today.

Couple of nice ones in the US today....

Gradius III (SNES)
    Wonderboy in Monster World (Megadrive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Did the snes *just* have scrolling shooters?

How about some unirally or zombies ate my neighbours or pilotwings?

whitetrash wrote:
    Did the snes *just* have scrolling shooters?

How about some unirally or zombies ate my neighbours or pilotwings?

The snes was actually pretty bad for scrolling shooters with the megadrive having a whole lot more. Still I love them so can't get enough :) what few that came out on the SNES were usually brilliant. Bring on Axelay and Super Aleste.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I want Turok!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

dsc00329mu8.th.jpg
    Tee hee hee! Had this for a couple of weeks, havent played it much. I take it that its good then??

TmB wrote:
    Couple of nice ones in the US today....
    Wonderboy in Monster World (Megadrive)

Good, but not as good as its predecessor, Wonderboy in Monster Land IMHO...

This weeks games....

Battle Lode Runner (TG16)
    Final Fight (SNES)
    Mighty Bombjack (NES)

TmB wrote:
    Battle Lode Runner (TG16)
    Final Fight (SNES)
    Mighty Bombjack (NES)
    - Apparently a classic, meh.
    - I distinctly remember this being awesome, Mayor Haggar rocks.
    - meh x2 (unless someone wants to correct me)

Very disappointing considering the US releases.

Mighty Bombjack: decent but aged.

Battle loderunner: Surprisingly good fun.

Final Fight: Horrendous conversion of the original classic.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having trouble getting into the Shop Channel tonight?

I've been trying on and off for the last hour and i'm getting nothing.

Just tried a minute ago and got on.

Tonights releases:

Alex Kidd and the enchanted castle: Supposedly good.
    Woderboy in Monsterland: Supposedly excellent
    Shockman: Supposedly good (check out the hardcore gaming 101 website just to be sure)
    Virtua Fighter 2: Megadrive version. Not worth the steam off my piss.

Not worth getting back out of bed for imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Owman, I'm so tempted to get Alex Kidd for the nostalgia. Loved that game. I've got plenty of points waiting to be used. Mmmmm.

NES Open Tournament Golf
    Ninja Spirit

Before my eyes could fully adjust to the screen i swear i saw 'Ninja Golf' and thought of this. Sadly, no.

I've never played Open Tournament and never heard of Ninja Spirit, anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

i enjoyed ninja spirit the golf is a miss for me

It's by IREM so I'll give it the benifit of the doubt for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Ah theyre useless.

Actually Ninja Spirit is supposedly brilliant.

• Advertisement

Guess what just got rated on the ERSB site.....

* Streets of Rage 2, SEGA, Rated E
    * Toe Jam and Earl in Panic on Funkotron, SEGA, Rated E
    * World Sports Competition, Hudson, Rated E

Advertisement