Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three weeks. 3,000kms.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Do the strava / hells500 Everest challenge of just under 9000m of climbing. Very doable over 2 weeks and get a few quid off your mates for Nepal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

...so I'll just cycle and post up my progress as I go!

Today was an easy evening ride as I have not been well for the past few days. Fairly flat and completely in the small ring all the way just spinning and enjoying the evening.

Distance: 61.8kms.
    Average speed: 29.2kms/hr.
    Climbed: 358m.

Strava data: https://www.strava.com/activities/310253346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

29kph and easy ride? Does not compute.

Raam wrote: »
    29kph and easy ride? Does not compute.

Genuinely it was. I was spining at tempo all the way and not pushing. The terrain and weather helped. You are just still at square 1.1 that it seems not an easy ride to you!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Genuinely it was. I was spining at tempo all the way and not pushing. The terrain and weather helped. You are just still at square 1.1 that it seems not an easy ride to you!

Riding tempo is not really riding easy. Maybe you mean something else.

Raam wrote: »
    Riding tempo is not really riding easy. Maybe you mean something else.

Well I'm not knackered after it and I was never out of breath, etc. Call it what you want but I rode it and it was easy!

Well I'm not knackered after it and I was never out of breath, etc. Call it what you want but I rode it and it was easy!

I hear you. I think if you are trying to recover from illness then you should ride easier again or not at all.

A young girl in Balbriggan this evening commented on my "leggings" while I was stopped at a traffic light:

"Nice leggings" she said.

"Thanks" I replied.

The lights then went green and I moved off when she replied:

"Shame about the ass. It's all about the ass"

WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A young girl in Balbriggan this evening commented on my "leggings" while I was stopped at a traffic light:

"Thanks" I replied.

WTF!
    She should have asked "Why the tights on a balmy evening at the end of May?" :p

She should have asked "Why the tights on a balmy evening at the end of May?" :p

Of course, she would have realised her mistake and imagine her shame when I told her I was wearing shorts and knee warmers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

"Thanks" I replied.

WTF!

She's right. You clearly need to work harder.
    Here is some cheesy pop misogyny for you to aspire to:*

You have foud your aim for the two weeks - go forth and ass!

*your soul and senses may not survive the watching of said video. You don't need them for cycling anyway :P

Gah! Must unsee!

The chest/head cold is nearly gone. Felt good this morning so went out for a spin. 20-ish kms solo and then 65ish kms with two others to Howth and back. I was marshalling at the Ras finish to had no time for anything longer than that today.

Distance: 88.4kms
    Average speed: 27.6kph
    Climbed: 493m

Strava data: https://www.strava.com/activities/310895145

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Deal confirmed on the streets of Skerries this afternoon

Lusk_Doyle has committed to the Race around Ireland this year as preparation for the Ras next year....

Beasty wrote: »
    Deal confirmed on the streets of Skerries this afternoon

Lusk_Doyle has committed to the Race around Ireland this year as preparation for the Ras next year....

Haha. Your hearing still ain't what it used to be since before the "you know what"!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Haha. Your hearing still ain't what it used to be since before the "you know what"!
    I have no doubt over what I heard - maybe it's your memory that's failing ....

Beasty wrote: »
    I have no doubt over what I heard - maybe it's your memory that's failing ....

I said that I'd love to be able to do the ras within 5 years. Not so sure if it will happen however but it would be a nice thing to have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I said that I'd love to be able to do the ras within 5 years. Not so sure if it will happen however but it would be a nice thing to have done.

Seeing the legend that is Robbie Staunton become a Man of the Rás really shows that alot of us, if we put in the training, might be able to get round as well. Food for thought anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Inquitus wrote: »
    Food for thought anyways.
    Which means you are currently putting a training plan for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Some clubmates are muttering about Race the Ras next year....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Some clubmates are muttering about Race the Ras next year....

Let them mutter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Let them mutter.

Your chairman is one of the mutterers....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Your chairman is one of the mutterers....

Knuckle dragger as well.

Too busy this week to get much done let alone write about it so here's the brief update on "progress" and the plan for the coming days:

Monday saw an evening spin as follows:

Distance: 59.5kms
    Ave speed: 26.1kph
    Climbed: 617m

Data: https://www.strava.com/activities/311721616

Tuesday was a day off as I went for a round of golf with my dad. I was crap. I should have cycled instead!

Wednesday was the club league but I had a mechanical earrly on the first lap and packed it in after that. I got stuck in the small ring and couldn't keep up with the headwind. Spin out and back at least:

To race:

Distance: 25.1kms
    Ave speed: 25.7kph
    Climbed: 232m

Data: https://www.strava.com/activities/313120559

"Race":

Distance: 11.5kms
    Ave speed: 30.5kph
    Climbed: 147m

Data: https://www.strava.com/activities/313120572

From race:

Distance: 25.7kms
    Ave speed: 30.4kph
    Climbed: 191m

Data: https://www.strava.com/activities/313120588

Thursday was another evening spin:

Distance: 30.2kms
    Ave speed: 27.1kph
    Climbed: 237m

Data: https://www.strava.com/activities/313686840

I won't do anything today but get my gear ready for the weekend. On Saturday I am going to do my first open race in approx two years. the Mark Hayden memorial in Carlow will be the venue. I'm off down to Waterford for the night after that and will attempt the Deenside cup on Sunday on the way home. A4 races so hopefully I will be able to get a result or two!

Advertisement