Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Winter Kit Order A/W 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

12 days shipping and counting. Where is this kit coming from Saturn ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Poland.
    I haven't heard from Sac if it's arrived but then I haven't messaged him suppose we are just up against it with other stuff at the moment.
    I will find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

D3PO wrote: »
    12 days shipping and counting. Where is this kit coming from Saturn ?

No, Uranus!

fillup wrote: »
    No, Uranus!

Good thing its a dark colour then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hopefully it lands before Friday. I am in the big Schmoke Friday morning and all :)

• Advertisement

It's here.
    Dav is on the case and he will post up here once everything is ready for collection / despatch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It's here.
    Dav is on the case and he will post up here once everything is ready for collection / despatch.

Right who's turn is it next?

godtabh wrote: »
    Right who's turn is it next?
    That post smells of a volunteer if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭koutoubia

MugMugs wrote: »
    That post smells of a volunteer if you ask me

Ah Godtabh served his time as did I.

So Summer 2016 order probably due in April.
    Saying.that any discussion in any design changes need to happen well before then I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

koutoubia wrote: »
    Ah Godtabh served his time as did I.

We were left off for good behaviour a long time ago!

So Summer 2016 order probably due in April.
    Saying.that any discussion in any design changes need to happen well before then I would think.

I wouldnt go with a design change. Its a timeless classic (and also a lot of hassle!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi-dee-hi campers! :P

So last week, the box of stuff arrived and was left to one side as I was out sick. Of course, they forgot to tell me this when I came back in on Monday! Anyway, I found it yesterday, cracked it open and I should have things ready to collect this afternoon after lunch (I have some other stuff that I can't put off this morning I'm afraid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hi Dav

Will you be there till 1800 tonight?

Dav wrote: »
    Hi-dee-hi campers! :P

So last week, the box of stuff arrived and was left to one side as I was out sick. Of course, they forgot to tell me this when I came back in on Monday! Anyway, I found it yesterday, cracked it open and I should have things ready to collect this afternoon after lunch (I have some other stuff that I can't put off this morning I'm afraid).

Do the hamsters need feeding again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Boards HQ Address - For people looking to collect items when delivered is:

address is 29-31 South William St, Dublin 2

Reposted to save you having to go look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Is that a 9-5 Monday to Friday kind of place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'll be here till 6 this evening, and most evenings, but I'm happy to wait for you if you're not gonna be able to get in till closer to 7 folks.

As before, if you'd like someone else to collect your stuff for you, you'll need to send me a PM saying that you've asked them to do so.

See u this Arvo hopefully!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Collected for myself and OldBean this evening.

Many thanks to Dav for holding on at the office for so long that he's being kept alive intravenously.

Also to Hunterbiker for Organising and Koutoubia for organising the next run.

A user named Koutoubia never organised an order before. FACT

• Advertisement

Collected for myself and OldBean this evening.

Many thanks to Dav for holding on at the office for so long that he's being kept alive intravenously.

Also to Hunterbiker for Organising and Koutoubia for organising the next run.

A user named Koutoubia never organised or will organise an order. FACT

FACT

FACT

Not sure some one so new to the forum could handle the responsibility

Not sure some one so new to the forum could handle the responsibility

Absolutley. Couldnt agree more! I could possibly make a mess of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Absolutley. Couldnt agree more! I could possibly make a mess of it!

All the gear would be XXXXL so he (or she) could keep it all!

Thats a pretty nasty comment!

Thats a pretty nasty comment!

You're right. XXXL. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Not to be a dick or anti-lols, but that's still a bit of a crappy comment.

Besides, in my brief enough meeting of Koutoubia, he's one of the good guys.

Full trust in him for the next order.

Cheers K! See you in spring!

:pac:

OldBean wrote: »
    Not to be a dick or anti-lols, but that's still a bit of a crappy comment.

Besides, in my brief enough meeting of Koutoubia, he's one of the good guys.

:pac:

I know he is. He's a mate. So I put in an extra x. Typos happen.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Can we just pop in and collect or do you need to ring/pm ahead first?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,649 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I know he is. He's a mate. So I put in an extra x. Typos happen.
    Seriously, comments like the one you made don't help anyone. I know you're mates and that your post was made in jest, and I know a lot of others around here know that. However not everyone does and when posters see posts like that they may think it's the sort of stuff we allow anyone to post, and either start making similar comments, or may be put off from posting at all for fear of being subject to similar "banter".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

When do you hope to get the posted stuff out Dav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Picked mine up today. Fits great, and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my days off. When they said the defend was aero they weren't lying. I had better get as much use in before christmas as possible. I may not fit in afterwards.
    Thanks to Hunterbiker for organising

@ Beasty - Like I said already, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    @ Beasty - Like I said already, sorry.

First time a post of yours was taken seriously and you weren't even serious...

In fairness he pm me with an apology which I know hurt him to do so :P

Then proceeds to go an facebook complaing that there is not enough jam in his donuts :pac:

• Advertisement

Just picked mine up from Boards HQ -

Haven't had a chance to try it on yet but it looks like a good bit of kit from first inspection

Thanks Hunterbiker and Dav for organising - ye're star bars and-a-half!!!!

Sent my proxy in to collect mine as I won't get close to Dublin for a while.

Can't wait to get my hands on it now :)

Thanks again lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I got the vest. Excellent quality and kept me cosy the past couple of days. Many thanks Hunterbiker and Dav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dropped into Dav earlier to collect my wares - always a pleasure to visit Boards Towers.

I would also like to add my gratitude to Hunterbiker & Dav - fine pillars of the community they are! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Think I might have been first in to collect a pair of bib tights. They look and fit well but I haven't had a chance to try them out on the bike yet thanks to this crazy weather.

Thanks to both Dav & Hunterbiker for organising the order.

• Advertisement

I think Hunterbiker did such a great job he should be put in charge of all future orders!

I think Hunterbiker did such a great job he should be put in charge of all future orders!

I second that. Motion carried

In changing my username...

:)

That's been done already.

Finally the penny drops :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Got to put the Defender arm warmers through their paces last night & this morning - have to say I'm impressed so far.

I'm glad I ignored the size guide which was suggesting I needed XL - I went for L and they are just the right tightness (although I did manage to punch myself in the face when putting them on for the first time :o). The only thing is they must be designed for ape-armed cyclists and could do with being a couple of inches shorter! Because the Boards logo is at the wrist it ends up a little bunched up but I can live with that.

Material is really nice too. Would have loved a Defender jersey but funds didn't allow for it at the time of ordering! :(

Overall a happy bunny - thanks again boys! :)

any news on if or when the kit will be posted to those who took that option ?

If its not posted already I'll call in on Friday to collect me gear as I'll be in town for meetings

If its not posted already I'll call in on Friday to collect me gear as I'll be in town for meetings

Likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Is this still going or has it finished? My first winter cycling and after thismorning, I don’t think the football top and shorts will cut it anymore, it’stoo cold even after you warm up. If itis too late, can someone give me an idea of what sort of gear is recommendedfor winter cycling in Dublin? I’ve seenother cyclists with those leggings but I haven’t got a clue where to start.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement