Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,060 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh that's probably visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pointless having a debate about James Reilly. He should have been out on his ear ages ago but he's sticking like a limpet and being backed up by gutless Enda and the Labour hypocrites who sold Roisin Shortall down the river. The Reilly situation represents everything that's bad about our political system. If it was the UK, Reilly would have been gone long ago.

Yes and Fidelma Healy-Eames wouldn't be leading a junket to China with 26 others at 5 k each plus expenses. She'd have been out on her ear too but Enda seems to reward slovenly politicians.

Twomey is making himself look like a prize wally.

Nothing new there. I think that says Conor Lenihan???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd wouldn't expect any better from Fianna Fáil. Difference here is that, prior to the general election, Fine Gael said they were going to do things differently but it's the same old same old with them. Stroke politics is alive and well with our Fine Gael and Labour coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And I want to see that name written on Vincent's bit of paper

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Too much talking over each other while VB is reading the paper to himself.

I'd say that would be about right

Gerri Hall again :D

Vision Express sorted me out ;):D

I would....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

To be fair to Mr. Angstrom, I can see a bit of a resemblance this evening. However, I should tell ye I've had a glass of wine tonight.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    To be fair to Mr. Angstrom, I can see a bit of a resemblance this evening. However, I should tell ye I've had a glass of wine tonight.

A very very large glass :D

MrsD007 wrote: »

'Two For One' offer on beer goggles in Vision Express this week MrsD ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A very very large glass :D
    'Two For One' offer on beer goggles in Vision Express this week MrsD ;):D

Ye cheeky devils ye :p, which button do I press to unfriend ye?? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Excellent debate overall, Vincent was fair and thorough. Re: Shatter (from RTE site 30 mins ago)

"Minister for Justice Alan Shatter said the bill before the House was defective, and did not deal well enough with certain key issues.
    He said it does not require that medical practitioners ensure the life of the unborn be safeguarded as much as possible.
    The minister said now that the Expert Group report is published, decisions will be made and the situation will be addressed. That commitment, he said, had been given by Government.
    He asked Deputy Daly to withdraw the bill, and not call a vote on it."

Excellent debate overall, Vincent was fair and thorough. Re: Shatter (from RTE site 30 mins ago)

"Minister for Justice Alan Shatter said the bill before the House was defective, and did not deal well enough with certain key issues.
    He said it does not require that medical practitioners ensure the life of the unborn be safeguarded as much as possible.
    The minister said now that the Expert Group report is published, decisions will be made and the situation will be addressed. That commitment, he said, had been given by Government.
    He asked Deputy Daly to withdraw the bill, and not call a vote on it."

I liked his comment that there is a "British solution to an Irish problem".

I wonder does his FG colleagues share his liberal views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Shatter needs to move things along quickly.

There are many British solutions to Irish problems. There are still many availing of British divorces and bankruptcy.

People saying that since the 80s at least, re: his colleagues probably most would be "pro life". Interesting what Vincent just said now that Shatter said he was totally opposed to it last election, possibly attempt at going with the new prevailing mood from him.

Jaysus, Vinnie was really going off on one there. Then he asks herself, do you remember that? :D

• Advertisement

There was a very weird, strong, totalitarian Catholicism as evidenced from what Vincent just said in Ireland alright, even Italy a hugely Catholic country had abortion since 1978, so there was something else strange happening over here.

There was a very weird, strong, totalitarian Catholicism as evidenced from what Vincent just said in Ireland alright, even Italy a hugely Catholic country had abortion since 1978, so there was something else strange happening over here.

Sexism towards women perhaps?

History lesson tonight from Vinnie.

What about Northern Ireland? Hardly a "weird, strong, totalitarianism Catholicism" there, but they still had very restrictive abortion practices as well?

Sexism towards women perhaps?

Have you ever been to Italy!!

What about Northern Ireland? Hardly a "weird, strong, totalitarianism Catholicism" there, but they still had very restrictive abortion practices as well?

I meant when Vincent was talking about johnnies and the pill. I think the prevailing Northern style of Protestism was extremely hardline, no?

I meant when Vincent was talking about johnnies and the pill. I think the prevailing Northern style of Protestism was extremely hardline, no?

Possibly, but at least we can't blame the Catholic Church for that......

Nice of that young lad on the computer's mum to allow him up so late.

It is interesting alright - the last major social issue that has to be addressed. (Gay marriage is pretty much resolved now with a large majority supporting it - the anti side has lost the argument and it will be brought in soon).

Abortion on the other hand is much more divisive and I don't think a referendum would pass. People just don't see it as a women's issue. Maybe if they did, they would support choice.

• Advertisement

Nice of that young lad on the computer's mum to allow him up so late.

And on a school night ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement