Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripper Street (BBC)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

They will be filming again in Trinity this Saturday if any one is interested in seeing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Skerries wrote: »
    They will be filming again in Trinity this Saturday if any one is interested in seeing it

Oh kool,would like to see that .How do you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we were sent an email today about parking conditions while it is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 85,227 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Love/Hate actress Charlie Murphyand The Pacific actor Martin McCann are joining for Series 2

BBC One has released a new trailer for the second season of their drama series Ripper Street, which is set to premiere on Monday October 28th at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Thanks for that Liz, I really liked this drama!.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm looking forward to watching this again, I enjoyed Series 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was quick! The BBC usually take a good year between series.

Ripper Street rescued - series three will be made for Amazons VoD service by Tiger Aspect and then shown on BBC1.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

mike65 wrote: »
    Ripper Street rescued - series three will be made for Amazons VoD service by Tiger Aspect and then shown on BBC1.

That is VERY good news!....it was aquality show :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazon-bbc-revive-ripper-street-683687

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Interesting. Season one was sort of weak, things picked up by season 2 and the elphant man episodes were quite strong, but it tended to fall into achronistic plotting (guess which social issue of the week we'll be addressing this week) and then characters started doing bizzare things that made no sense at all or changed their character completely.
    I live near Clancy Barracks where the series was filmed and the sets have all been struck, I hear the builders that bought the site intend demolishing 'ripper street' pretty soon, so I don't know what the likilhood of the show returning to Ireland to shoot are. It's a shame that barracks has been turned into a mass of pokey apartments, it's been a consistant asset to the capital as a film location, a closed set with victorian tenements and a variety of victorian buildings close to the Phoenix Park and Kilmainham jail.

Starts tonight on RTE 1

Thats series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just caught up on this now, what a little gem of a show. Very enjoyable and found the second season a big step up from the first.

Anyone started this season? Going to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Seen the first two eps of season 3 already. If you allow for the rushed reunion of the main protagonists in episode one, its better than ever (no spoiler there, you'll know what I mean after five minutes). Getting darker if anything.

Seen the first two eps of season 3 already. If you allow for the rushed reunion of the main protagonists in episode one, its better than ever (no spoiler there, you'll know what I mean after five minutes). Getting darker if anything.

Enjoyed the first episode and parts of the second. Hopefully it steps up a bit more. Third is out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bump, series 3 starts on BBC One at 9PM Friday (all a bit embarrassing for them really!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bump, series 3 starts on BBC One at 9PM Friday (all a bit embarrassing for them really!)

Presumably they are saving money (short term) doing it this way, so they are probably congratulating themselves.

• Advertisement

Amazon renewed in May seasons 4 and 5

Very good episode tonight - but the pristine condition of the streets is starting to bug me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Amazon renewed in May seasons 4 and 5

Yeah, delighted. Currently filming in Collins Barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Peregrine wrote: »
    Yeah, delighted. Currently filming in Collins Barracks.

Is it? Film productions shoot there very regularly due to the closed nature of the barracks and the complete victorian tenement streets and diverse period building available, but half of those are gone now since the apartment were built and it looks like the builders have started work in Collins Barracks again.

It's sad, the barracks were a great resourse for period dramas but not for much longer is seems. I'd say Ripper St. will soon be looking for a new home.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

conorhal wrote: »
    Is it? Film productions shoot there very regularly due to the closed nature of the barracks and the complete victorian tenement streets and diverse period building available, but half of those are gone now since the apartment were built and it looks like the builders have started work in Collins Barracks again.

It's sad, the barracks were a great resourse for period dramas but not for much longer is seems. I'd say Ripper St. will soon be looking for a new home.

I believe that's Clancy Barracks in Islandbridge. They're filming in the Arbour Hill end of Collins Barracks this week. It is sad about Clancy Barracks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Series 4 starts Monday 22nd August - 9pm - moved to BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

brian_t wrote: »
    Series 4 starts Monday 22nd August - 9pm - moved to BBC2

Nice one, was keeping an eye out for this.

The final season starts next Monday on BBC 2

Bump 9 PM BBC Two tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Is this the same series that's already been on Amazon, or is it a brand new series?

Advertisement