Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything Else Hip Hop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

If Pac has a swastika tattooed on him i'd consider him a fúcking moron, if any of Wu Tang did it i'd consider them ****ing morons and if Nas or Rakim or Big did it, i'd consider them morons.

Could that lad actually be more of a fúcking cock smoker, it's the most controversial symbol in the world, and that stinking little crack head who happens to be a member of a race that is targeted by nazis and neo nazis and all that bollocks decides to have it put on his skin.

Somebody shoot the cúnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I am talking about him having a swastika tattoo, I don't care about him being a criminal (bad life decisions are up to him).

ah right didnt read that, he wants to get rid of fake rappers and he's riding with officer ross, iv heard it all now.

Just finished watching Boyz in the hood just doesn't get old, a masterpiece by all means.

Everyone has that one or two films they could watch over and over again, boyz in the hood is mine.

Arguably cubes best performance along with the Friday movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    If Pac has a swastika tattooed on him i'd consider him a fúcking moron, if any of Wu Tang did it i'd consider them ****ing morons and if Nas or Rakim or Big did it, i'd consider them morons.

Could that lad actually be more of a fúcking cock smoker, it's the most controversial symbol in the world, and that stinking little crack head who happens to be a member of a race that is targeted by nazis and neo nazis and all that bollocks decides to have it put on his skin.

Somebody shoot the cúnt

Why would having a stupid tattoo make him a cock smoker?

And hitler hated the gays as much as the blacks. He certainly gassed a lot more gays than blacks.

Anyway, I'm indifferent on his tattoo. It's not like I needed to hear about it to know he lacked intelligence.*

* though I still love him on cartoons and cereals.

floggg wrote: »
    Why would having a stupid tattoo make him a cock smoker?

And hitler hated the gays as much as the blacks. He certainly gassed a lot more gays than blacks.

Anyway, I'm indifferent on his tattoo. It's not like I needed to hear about it to know he lacked intelligence.*

* though I still love him on cartoons and cereals.

Shít, forgot you're gay and probably find gay slurs offensive, apologies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Relax lads

Shít, forgot you're gay and probably find gay slurs offensive, apologies. :)

It's not that I'm offended, just think its a bit unnecessary in this context.

He just seems like he's a bit dim. Given we have Stephen Fry on our team, you can hardly say we lack intelligence.

And say what you like about us cock smokers, but we aren't generally known for getting gawdy offensive tattoos. We are far too fashion conscious for that!

floggg wrote: »
    It's not that I'm offended, just think its a bit unnecessary in this context.

He just seems like he's a bit dim. Given we have Stephen Fry on our team, you can hardly say we lack intelligence.

And say what you like about us cock smokers, but we aren't generally known for getting gawdy offensive tattoos. We are far too fashion conscious for that!

haha man at least you have a sense of humour about it, i've met a couple of gay blokes that get a bit high and mighty about it when you use gay slurs without noticing. I'm not homophobic in the slightest man, the bird i'm shifting at the moment is bi so there you go.

Yeah i retract my statement about him being a cock smoker, he's just a complete dumbass, you do not get a tattoo like that and expect people not to react badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake doing their latest instalment of 'The History of Rap'. The Roots are Jimmy Fallon's in-house band, actually.

• Advertisement

haha man at least you have a sense of humour about it, i've met a couple of gay blokes that get a bit high and mighty about it when you use gay slurs without noticing. I'm not homophobic in the slightest man, the bird i'm shifting at the moment is bi so there you go.

Yeah i retract my statement about him being a cock smoker, he's just a complete dumbass, you do not get a tattoo like that and expect people not to react badly.

Well not to drag this off topic, but they kind of have a right to get "high and mighty."

I don't think you did mean any offensive, but that wouldn't get you a pass if you used derogatory terms about black people got example. It shouldn't get you a pass for doing so about gay people.

As you say, they are slurs. They aren't nice.

the bird i'm shifting at the moment is bi so there you go.

interesting :D.. you could at some point get a threesome with another girl... start putting that ground work in subtle hints and all that etc ;) (just kidding)

interesting :D.. you could at some point get a threesome with another girl... start putting that ground work in subtle hints and all that etc ;) (just kidding)

you're not kidding you dirty bastard :p:p

oh dont think that hasn't occured to me man haha plans are already forming ;)

soooooooo hip hop.......

you're not kidding you dirty bastard :p:p

oh dont think that hasn't occured to me man haha plans are already forming ;)

soooooooo hip hop.......

Haha ... P.I.M.P sh*t going on there if your successful :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Get Azealia Banks in on that shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not like she is doing anything else.

• Advertisement

Not like she is doing anything else.

is she still "retired" ?

is she still "retired" ?

Dunno, 212 is a tune and a half though.

it's a good session tune but as far as hip hop goes it's fairly poo poo

will smith actually reached out to obama to try and get T.I out of jail, hon big will.:D

http://www.rapbreak.com/t-i-reveals-how-will-smith-tried-to-get-him-released-from-prison/

is she still "retired" ?

I don't know where this "retirement" stuff came from. I don't know that that was ever really the case. She released an EP in July and she's releasing her album next year. She has done a collaboration with Kanye West for his next album too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think her most recent album done really bad , It caught the corner of my eye but something like 30k first week which is fairly bad for someone supposedly in the hottest label around, I guess birdman must of forgot to buy some albums.

Your man Rosenberg was right about her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I think her most recent album done really bad , It caught the corner of my eye but something like 30k first week which is fairly bad for someone supposedly in the hottest label around, I guess birdman must of forgot to buy some albums.

Your man Rosenberg was right about her though.

Not defending her (I despise her if you must know) or her music but it was a re-release of her album (ie. the same album with a couple of extra songs on it). I did come across her say something about her album being re-released recently and explaining that most big stores in the US (Target, Wal Mart, etc) don't stock re-releases - if they do they're in very small numbers. She said something like "You can't win, they're setting you up to fail". So I guess that's the main reason for the poor first week sales.

I'm sure the album did well upon it's original release, if it didn't we would have heard about it.

Who's Rosenberg? And what did he say?

IIRC it had the biggest first week opening sales figure of any hip-hop (debatable) release in 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    IIRC it had the biggest first week opening sales figure of any hip-hop (debatable) release in 2012

Yea it had 253,000 sales, supposedly.

Pretty bad really.

Xzibit's first week sales were 3,200. "1983" is better than anything Nicki Minge will ever release.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Not defending her (I despise her if you must know) or her music but it was a re-release of her album (ie. the same album with a couple of extra songs on it). I did come across her say something about her album being re-released recently and explaining that most big stores in the US (Target, Wal Mart, etc) don't stock re-releases - if they do they're in very small numbers. She said something like "You can't win, they're setting you up to fail". So I guess that's the main reason for the poor first week sales.

I'm sure the album did well upon it's original release, if it didn't we would have heard about it.

Who's Rosenberg? And what did he say?

ah right i didnt know tbh that it was a re-release but none the less its still pretty bad for an artist with her buzz. The blogs are talking though some pretty hilarious stuff like rosenberg has killed niki's career etc.

Rosenberg is a hot 97 dj who at summer jam told it like it was, lil wayne and young money pulled out then. He's later went on to just call young money out for what they are for the majority of the time a pop label.
    The controversy began when Rosenberg criticized Minaj’s single “Starships” at the music festival. “I know there are some chicks in here waiting to sing along with ‘Starships’ later,” he said to the crowd. ”I’m not talking to y’all now. **** that bull****. I’m here to talk about real hip hop ****.” The diss resulted in Lil Wayne pulling his entire Young Money roster off the lineup at the last minute, including Minaj, the night’s headliner.
    Yea it had 253,000 sales, supposedly.

Pretty bad really.

Xzibit's first week sales were 3,200. "1983" is better than anything Nicki Minge will ever release.

that must of been first time round when the album was released, in fairness now a days anything around the 200k 1st week mark is considered pretty decent. The only people that really break that bracket of late are eminem,kanye and lil wayne.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Haha, listened to that before work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

DMX Sings Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer

Better than anything on his last album :D

lol he's mad... that was done in october too just coped that from the interview below.

interesting interview from schoolboy Q who feels people are trying to clown dmx when interviewing him these days.. what ye think? i have to say in the build up to his last album i got that vibe

He is in his 40's, he should be looking after himself.

My only thing is I hope he does not OD or get killed.

• Advertisement

He is in his 40's, he should be looking after himself.

My only thing is I hope he does not OD or get killed.

Very true , there's every chance of that happening with X. Even though he was claiming he was clean in the build up to the album , he looked on edge the whole time.

Heart goes out to him sometimes though, lately I'm getting that vibe that some fools are trying to take the p*ss outta him. The mans a legend ! I knew the latest album wasn't going to be great , it was like his version of relapse and has a similar situation to em in terms of both are recovering addicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Hope he does get his act together but he seems to me to be someone who cant seem to beat their demons. Hope im wrong though.

seen this the past few weeks and just glimpsed through it, thinking this gang was nothing serious but these guys are the real deal.. like the kind of gangs ross kemp would do a special on :D. There called the GD's... some sort of blood or crip street gang anyway their apparently huge across america operating in loads of states.. they've put bars on rick ross entering their citys.

Officer ross the biggest fraud we've seen thus far is catching some serious flack from them for using one of their members names in his songs.. apparently some massive drug lord. Ross had to cancel his whole mmg tour over this !

im delighted for the clown.
    Earlier this week, word on the net was that Rick Ross was scared of performing due to the gang, the GD’s putting pressure on him to pay up, accusing him of being false and all that. Well now it has been confirmed by Ross himself that all the remaining legs of the tour had been cancelled, apparently due to lack of communication by the organizers. I would say it’s probably due to lack of ticket sales, there were pictures in November of Rozay’s concerts barely being filled up halfway.

Rick Ross: “I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities,” Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com. “I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I’m ready to get back in the studio to make good music.”

*Well he better call in those ”HUNNED FAVORS” from Noriega, the real Noriega*

Well it seems to me that only good rappers get shot, so Officer Ricky is safe.

seen this the past few weeks and just glimpsed through it, thinking this gang was nothing serious but these guys are the real deal.. like the kind of gangs ross kemp would do a special on :D. There called the GD's... some sort of blood or crip street gang anyway their apparently huge across america operating in loads of states.. they've put bars on rick ross entering their citys.

Officer ross the biggest fraud we've seen thus far is catching some serious flack from them for using one of their members names in his songs.. apparently some massive drug lord. Ross had to cancel his whole mmg tour over this !

im delighted for the clown.

He mentioned Larry Hoover in a song way back in 2010. He's in jail on 6 life sentences.

It seems a bit ridiculous to be dragging up a song that was released 2 years ago for something like this.

Handy way of getting themselves a bit of publicity though.

He mentioned Larry Hoover in a song way back in 2010. He's in jail on 6 life sentences.

It seems a bit ridiculous to be dragging up a song that was released 2 years ago for something like this.

Handy way of getting themselves a bit of publicity though.

Was it 2 years ago? Which song is it... I taught it was off his last album a few months ago...

Ross seems to like ticking off drug lords, he's pretending to be freeway rick Ross as we speak.

Was it 2 years ago? Which song is it... I taught it was off his last album a few months ago...

Ross seems to like ticking off drug lords, he's pretending to be freeway rick Ross as we speak.

BMF apparently.

I read a few articles online there and that was the one that they were linking with it.

Hoover's son spoke out against Ross when it was released. Seems silly that it'd be brought back up again.

Oh yea. Biggie's autopsy report was released in the last few days.

The main points from it are that he was shot 4 times. Three of the shots were non-fatal. It was the fourth shot that did the damage and went through a number of organs.

He had no traces of alcohol or drugs in his system.

He was defined as being morbidly obese. I'd never have guessed :P.

He was shot at 00:30 and pronounced dead exactly an hour later.

The best part of the report is a gem of a quote at the very end in the 'other pertinent information' section:
    Decedent may be rap singer

d5a6ac346697158974680b9444e93649.png?1355002685

"Rap singer" :pac:

• Advertisement

LAPD apologized to the family about not warning them prior to releasing this report.

On a lighter note - http://www.complex.com/music/2012/12/nas-illmatic-deluxe-gold-edition-extras-revealed

Any idea of how much it'll be? I presume it'll be upwards of €50?

Any idea of how much it'll be? I presume it'll be upwards of €50?

No idea. Was quickly looking but as usual no mention on price. I reckon around 50 though too. Looks deadly though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I posted this earlier today in the hip hop gigs 2012 thread-> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82227126&postcount=208

And in an awesome turn of events, Thesis actually seen this on boards.ie and put a screenshot of it on his Facebook page!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I posted this earlier today in the hip hop gigs 2012 thread-> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82227126&postcount=208

And in an awesome turn of events, Thesis actually seen this on boards.ie and put a screenshot of it on his Facebook page!

Class. Hope he makes it big. He has more than enough talent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Class. Hope he makes it big. He has more than enough talent.

He seems to be just getting better and better with everything he does so far and is recording an album right now. Hopefully he does start getting more recognition, either as a solo mc or with his CloudMakers group.

• Advertisement

Schoolboy Q certainly eating anyway.

And the 'most outstanding rap artist of 2012' is...Nicki Minge :pac:.

Ahead of Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z and Kanye West...just lol. I hate the internet sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

And the 'most outstanding rap artist of 2012' is...Nicki Minge :pac:.
    Just shows that how little they people value talent

wadacrack wrote: »
    Just shows that how little they people value talent

Ah it's not to be taken seriously. The poor girl who was writing it is apparently obsessed with music. She needs to get some help from that Hearing Direct crowd.

She's listening to all the wrong music.

Wiley got on it for getting a number 1 hit.

That Dappy rehab got on it because he charted at number 35 without any radio play.

The only people I'd have in there are Kendrick and Nas. Apart from WTT (which was simply incredible) I don't think Jay or Kanye have done anything to be ahead of Killer Mike, Xzibit, et al.

Feck it T.I. should be on there for the quality of his verses on Killer Mike and Big Boi's albums.

Nicki Minaj is a waste of space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement