Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got €13 off €50 and €8 off €40 :) for the same period and then the same again for the following two weeks. I think I will stock up on nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Stupid Question, :confused: Are Tesco taking Aldi's coupon from last Sunday's Irish Indo €10.00 off when you spend €50.00, if so how does it work, can I use it on anything in Tesco??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Stupid Question, :confused: Are Tesco taking Aldi's coupon from last Sunday's Irish Indo €10.00 off when you spend €50.00, if so how does it work, can I use it on anything in Tesco??

Baby formula is the only thing it isn't valid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Sorry if this has been asked before- can I use the dunnes money off vouchers to buy clothes from tesco? It's says on the voucher grocery dept only. Tia.

Sorry if this has been asked before- can I use the dunnes money off vouchers to buy clothes from tesco? It's says on the voucher grocery dept only. Tia.

I would say no.....but you never know maybe the cashier will just accept it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I don't think Tesco differntiate between Grocery/Drapery like Dunnes do because they really do very little drapery so the 'Grocery Dept' restriction has no real meaning for Tesco purposes.

The only exclusions are the usual baby formula, cigarettes etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kn wrote: »
    Came a couple of days ago. Our one had a series of €22 off a minimum €125 shop vouchers!
    Don't waste 'em. Give them to someone who will use them

snubbleste wrote: »
    Don't waste 'em. Give them to someone who will use them

Mine have my name on it so I presume I need my clubcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Millem wrote: »
    ..but does it have the loyalty card number?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got 6€ off 40€ spend from Supervalu.

Can I use these to buy €40 of booze in Tesco? i.e. pay €34 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Possibly a silly question but I assume that to use the dunnes vouchers in tesco you still have to abide by the dates in the voucher?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got 6€ off 40€ spend from Supervalu.

Can I use these to buy €40 of booze in Tesco? i.e. pay €34 ??
    Yes.

lachin wrote: »
    Possibly a silly question but I assume that to use the dunnes vouchers in tesco you still have to abide by the dates in the voucher?

Yeah they have to be valid. Tesco is not going to 'honour' a voucher that Dunnes themselves will not honour for being out of time.

I used the €10 off a €50 shop Aldi voucher before for 2 x €25 TM top-ups and they took it. Chance your arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

OK, the way I'm reading it here is Tesco will take Dunnes money off vouchers we got with the Clubcard vouchers???? ..... I thought it was only the ones in the papers they'd take .... Just want to double check before I go in ... Oh and do they stick with the dates on them too?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Only wrote: »
    OK, the way I'm reading it here is Tesco will take Dunnes money off vouchers we got with the Clubcard vouchers???? ..... I thought it was only the ones in the papers they'd take .... Just want to double check before I go in ... Oh and do they stick with the dates on them too?
    Tia

Yeah, the €x off when you spend €x vouchers that you get in your Dunnes mailing. They've been taking them for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Yeah, the €x off when you spend €x vouchers that you get in your Dunnes mailing. They've been taking them for a good while now.

Fantastic!!! Wasn't aware of that - have some bits I want in Tescos so well happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Tried to use to 10euro aldi one from the independent yesterday in Tesco nutgrove and they wouldn't take it...they didn't know whether they could or not and rang head office and they didn't know so they said no "just to be on the safe side"!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Tried to use to 10euro aldi one from the independent yesterday in Tesco nutgrove and they wouldn't take it...they didn't know whether they could or not and rang head office and they didn't know so they said no "just to be on the safe side"!!!????
    If you still have the Sunday Independent, tear out Page 9. It's a full-page ad for Tesco. Bottom part reads in huge print:
    To make life a little easier ... we accept our competitor coupons. Simply bring a Spend & Save coupon into any Tesco store and we'll be more than happy to honor it.
    Produce that if you get any aggro. There is no excuse for them being unaware of their own policies. They've been accepting competitor coupons for a number of months. I've frequently seen flyers in the store advertising that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Apparently its only coupons that have a barcode and can be scanned...felt like a beggar at the customer service desk with the girl phoning numerous people, then I was told no...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco's competence shining through like a beacon as always...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    Apparently its only coupons that have a barcode and can be scanned...felt like a beggar at the customer service desk with the girl phoning numerous people, then I was told no...

I have used these barcode-less coupons in Tesco numerous times with no issues. Email your experience to Tesco customer services. They are very helpful and efficient. They will contact the store and clarify the matter with them and most likely refund you the voucher value.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nope. You don't.

Nope. You don't.

On my voucher the say "please present this vocher along with your value club card or key fob at the checkout at the time of purchase"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

On my voucher the say "please present this vocher along with your value club card or key fob at the checkout at the time of purchase"

That's if you're actually using your Dunnes spend & save voucher in Dunnes. If you use the voucher in Tesco, the details printed on it are irrelevant. As long as it's in date of course. Although I've also used Dunnes vouchers in Dunnes with the wrong Value Club card. They still scan through fine.

Advertisement