Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

givecredit wrote: »
    You need to update your satellite xml. The one in your receiver is out of date. Try this one:

I used one i downloaded from here http://satellites-xml.eu/ last week?
    Could this be out of date already?
    I have since done a complete scan and all channels have been added.
    Surely if the xml file i was using was out of date then they would not have scanned in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

As mentioned before all of these boxes come from the one plant in Tangiers.

Fulan had the original design, but the majority of the manufacturing/badging for Golden Media, Amiko and Sab is done by GIM in Morocco. They are based in Tangier Free Zone which allows very low customs tariffs to the EU.

241971.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

STB wrote: »
    As mentioned before all of these boxes come from the one plant in Tangiers.

Fulan had the original design, but the majority of the manufacturing/badging for Golden Media, Amiko and Sab is done by GIM in Morocco. They are based in Tangier Free Zone which allows very low customs tariffs to the EU.

241971.jpg

and thats relevant why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I keep getting this message on some channels 'Service unavailable, check tuner' I noticed it when one channel would go off air and be replaced by another. Such as cbeebies when at 7 the Ch closes and is replaced by another BBC CH when I select it I get the error 'Service unavailable, check tuner'. Anyone know why this is and if there is a fix for it?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    and thats relevant why ?

Had you read the posts prior to my post you wouldnt be jumping in second guessing my motivation for posting a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

STB wrote: »
    Had you read the posts prior to my post you wouldnt be jumping in second guessing my motivation for posting a response.
    Who was second guessing any motivation ?

Showing a picture of a factory has no relevance to the thread as it is now ... if you posted it some 4 months ago it would have more relevance..

But atleast you've proved a point that you can post a picture :P

I'll look forward to seeing future pictures of DM, Marysus and TM factories

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Hey guys, just a quick question in relation the Golden Media Triplex, I know it's pretty much identical hardware to the Amiko Alien 2. So I'm just wondering if all the support in this thread, and tutorials can be used the same on the GM Triplex?

Are there any major difference in the two boxes (apart from clock speed) that I might need to be aware of? I'm relatively new to satellite receivers but fairly tech savvy and am looking forward to playing around with a linux receiver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Digidol wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a quick question in relation the Golden Media Triplex, I know it's pretty much identical hardware to the Amiko Alien 2. So I'm just wondering if all the support in this thread, and tutorials can be used the same on the GM Triplex?

Are there any major difference in the two boxes (apart from clock speed) that I might need to be aware of? I'm relatively new to satellite receivers but fairly tech savvy and am looking forward to playing around with a linux receiver!

Everything support wise and tutorials wise applies to both receivers.

Brilliant, thanks very much! Do you have a GM yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I keep getting this message on some channels 'Service unavailable, check tuner'

Anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Who was second guessing any motivation ?

Showing a picture of a factory has no relevance to the thread as it is now ... if you posted it some 4 months ago it would have more relevance..

But atleast you've proved a point that you can post a picture :P

I'll look forward to seeing future pictures of DM, Marysus and TM factories

Several people asked whether the prices being quoted where for clones. The Amiko, Golden Media and the Sab triple tuners are all made by GIM. People could easily wonder whether one model is a chinese clone. They are simply rebadges with a boot ID to identify one from the other. They all run Fulan's Spark as well as e2 images.

I did post about them a year ago, not four months ago before they actually came out under the various badged names as Fulan had designed the chassis, software and configuration.

Infact had you read page one of this very thread you would have seen my posts of all three, and my comment that they are the one and same box design, with slight variations on tuner swop out for t2.

Does that explain the relevance to your satisfaction ?

Its Marusys by the way. TM are not a manufacturer (Hubtech in SK are and brand under Technomate, Clarke Tech, Max, Next etc) so I doubt you would be interested in pictures of the TM offices in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll need to flash a more modern Enigma image that has the T2 driver.

Ah ok and is this easy to do ? What is the laest image ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

Most have a menu item for "Software Upgrade" or something similar I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

sattvfan wrote: »
    Ah ok and is this easy to do ? What is the laest image ?

Follow my guide, but use this latest image from here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/18610-hdmu-team-e2-image-amiko-alien-2-a-6.html
    championc wrote: »
    Most have a menu item for "Software Upgrade" or something similar I think

Not sure if software update would update a tuner driver, it's certainly worth a try first though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Hi all,
    Would there be a demand for a Boardies software image (maybe HDMU Teams E2 Image), semi-setup for Astra2/Irish DTT, channel lists kinda sorted and ready for a DVB-T rescan?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Would there be a demand for a Boardies software image (maybe HDMU Teams E2 Image), semi-setup for Astra2/Irish DTT, channel lists kinda sorted and ready for a DVB-T rescan?

I feel it's best if people flash themselves as they will learn all about the box in going through the process and won't be back asking basic questions. It's not a plug and play box on Enigma, users will always need to be messing about, adding plugins etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anything thats makes the process easier for others is a great idea. Not everyone is pc literate. They should not be turned off by complicated setup processes. So yes I would like to see a boardies HDMU image appear here.

Thanks for taking the time to help others...

I just got my GM Triplex today, I'm using Pogs tutorial but I'm stuck on the second step trying to downgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade, when I go to the Spark Software Upgrade section I don't see that version in there, all I have is GM_spark_one_triplex_1.2.51, but it's not an E2 Boot upgrade, do I have to download that on the laptop and transfer by USB?

I've attached an image of the upgrade options I have

I just got my GM Triplex today, I'm using Pogs tutorial but I'm stuck on the second step trying to downgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade, when I go to the Spark Software Upgrade section I don't see that version in there, all I have is GM_spark_one_triplex_1.2.51, but it's not an E2 Boot upgrade, do I have to download that on the laptop and transfer by USB?

Is there not a second page, there is on Amiko

• Advertisement

Is there not a second page, there is on Amiko

No there just seems to be the one page with the six upgrades? I assume the last option on that page, the Spark 1.2.51 is no good for loading E2 on?

No there just seems to be the one page with the six upgrades? I assume the last option on that page, the Spark 1.2.51 is no good for loading E2 on?

If that's the first firmware it ships with, chances are it's already installed

If that's the first firmware it ships with, chances are it's already installed

You think E2 might already be installed? Ok so when I go to plugins then e2upgrade plugin, its enabled but when I press the Red button to 'Start OSD' nothing happens? It doesn't let me navigate to the USB to select my HDMU image.

You think E2 might already be installed? Ok so when I go to plugins then e2upgrade plugin, its enabled but when I press the Red button to 'Start OSD' nothing happens? It doesn't let me navigate to the USB to select my HDMU image.

E2 is Enigma 2, the 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade is a version of spark firmware that contains a bootloader that fixes an issue with booting to Enigma 2. It is most likely installed of the box shipped with 1.2.51.

You trying the rear usb port?

You trying the rear usb port?

Yes I just tried the rear USB hub and still nothing happens when I hit the red button? The plugin turns on fine, it's just after that I can't get further.

I just have the Enigma2 folder on the USB stick.

Yes I just tried the rear USB hub and still nothing happens when I hit the red button? The plugin turns on fine, it's just after that I can't get further.

I just have the Enigma2 folder on the USB stick.

Disable the plugin, reboot and enable it again and try again. It should bring up an option to browse to the usb to select the enigma folder

• Advertisement

Disable the plugin, reboot and enable it again and try again. It should bring up an option to browse to the usb to select the enigma folder

I tried that, no luck. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The plugin seems to be fine but nothing happens when I hit the red button. The USB stick seems to be working too because when I go to File List on the main menu I can see my Enigma2 file?

Yeah, you'll need to flash a more modern Enigma image that has the T2 driver.

OK yes thanks so it seems, I need to copy the image onto a flash drive but the flash drive has to be in ext3 format apparently. This I can do but then how do I copy it over as Windows does not see the ext3 format of course ?

Btw there is no working image which works with DVB-T2 but this is being worked on, this is about the only bit of helpful info I received on the rather pompus satstation forum. I am sure on here we are all far less robotic and much more human :)

I presume any sucessful or even unsuccessful update I do with E2 will not affect the boot into Spark ?

I tried that, no luck. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The plugin seems to be fine but nothing happens when I hit the red button. The USB stick seems to be working too because when I go to File List on the main menu I can see my Enigma2 file?

Is the plugin enabled green, then when highlighted, you press red start OSD does it not open a new window with upgrade path?
    sattvfan wrote: »
    OK yes thanks so it seems, I need to copy the image onto a flash drive but the flash drive has to be in ext3 format apparently. This I can do but then how do I copy it over as Windows does not see the ext3 format of course ?

Btw there is no working image which works with DVB-T2 but this is being worked on, this is about the only bit of helpful info I received on the rather pompus satstation forum. I am sure on here we are all far less robotic and much more human :)

I presume any sucessful or even unsuccessful update I do with E2 will not affect the boot into Spark ?

You need to go back into Spark to flash, it should work with Fat32

Is the plugin enabled green, then when highlighted, you press red start OSD does it not open a new window with upgrade path?

No it's not bringing up the window unfortunately, the plugin is green and I highlight it and press red but nothing happens? I've tried installing the latest version of Spark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭oaklands

I just updated to the latest spark via the box and everything worked OK. So didnt need to do this step. Also, make sure you flash with a T2 image otherwise the terrestrial tuner wont work.

• Advertisement

oaklands wrote: »
    I just updated to the latest spark via the box and everything worked OK. So didnt need to do this step. Also, make sure you flash with a T2 image otherwise the terrestrial tuner wont work.

So you're on the latest Spark, installed the plugins by FTP, enabled the e2upgrade plugin, then with USB inserted with an E2 image you hit the red button to 'start osd'... Are those the steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭oaklands

So you're on the latest Spark, installed the plugins by FTP, enabled the e2upgrade plugin, then with USB inserted with an E2 image you hit the red button to 'start osd'... Are those the steps?

I just blindly follwed POG's instructions other than the downgrade and the T2 version of Enigma2.

And Yes, they are the steps I followed.

Also upgraded to the latest spark via the box GUI.

oaklands wrote: »
    I just blindly follwed POG's instructions other than the downgrade and the T2 version of Enigma2.

And Yes, they are the steps I followed.

Thanks, I just can't figure out then why nothing happens when I hit the red button :confused:

Try a different usb key

You need to go back into Spark to flash, it should work with Fat32[/QUOTE]

I mean a USB flash drive. not sure what you mean...I mean if an upgrade of E2 does wrong will it screw up the boot in to Spark ? Acc to this thread it can be a total nighmare

http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-tutorials/17219-how-upgrade-amiko-alien-2-enigma2-image-via-usb.html

What I don't understand is that I am unable to upgrage from the Dec 16th Beta, I just get 'nothing to upgrade' ?

I think i have read somewhere that the folder name is case sensitive,
    if you have called it Enigma2 this might be the problem, should be enigma2.

I have also had problems with several usb sticks, even a recommended kingston will not work with mine. I found a really old one of 128mb in size works best for me when flashing. Also I cannot flash while the ethernet port is connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

which usb port is best for flashing, front or back.

TIA

stanley1 wrote: »
    which usb port is best for flashing, front or back.

TIA

I am sure people can do it from both, but my box seams to be very fussy and i can only do it from the front usb port

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

I created the enigma2 folder on a USB HDD and connected to the rear socket.

I think i have read somewhere that the folder name is case sensitive,
    if you have called it Enigma2 this might be the problem, should be enigma2.

I have also had problems with several usb sticks, even a recommended kingston will not work with mine. I found a really old one of 128mb in size works best for me when flashing. Also I cannot flash while the ethernet port is connected.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try again later with no ethernet cable connected. The odd thing is I am using a very old 128mb memory stick to flash it as I can't find my newer one!

• Advertisement

Ok this is really frustrating me now, I tried a HDD instead of the USB and still nothing happens when I press the red button on e2upgrader. When I go to file list from the main menu I can see my HDD/USB there along with my enigma2 image so I presume that means it is being recognized by the box and its not a USB issue?

I've tried front and back USB ports, no Ethernet cable connected and the USB is formatted to FAT32

downloadufr.jpg

Ok this is really frustrating me now, I tried a HDD instead of the USB and still nothing happens when I press the red button on e2upgrader. When I go to file list from the main menu I can see my HDD/USB there along with my enigma2 image so I presume that means it is being recognized by the box and its not a USB issue?

I've tried front and back USB ports, no Ethernet cable connected and the USB is formatted to FAT32

downloadufr.jpg

Delete the plugin and ftp it on again, something is wrong with the plugin

Delete the plugin and ftp it on again, something is wrong with the plugin

OK I've managed to get E2 HDMU on it by force booting using the below steps[
    1.Make sure [C:/engima2] is exist, if not, please create this folder.
    2.copy [uImage] and [e2jffs2.img] to [C:/engima2]
    3.Connect USB stick to STB
    4.Keep Pressing [OK] Button in Front Panel, then power on STB.
    5.After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press
    Button.
    then press down button > you will see [enig]
    now press
    Button, you will see [fact] for a moment.
    6.if everything OK, You will see [U LD] shining in LED
    7.if upgrade success, You will see [SUCC] and STB reboot automatically
    If upgrade not finishes in 5 minutes, then there must be something wrong, please check your configuration and re-try.

Should I still delete the plugins?

Should I still delete the plugins?

It don't matter, you're free of Spark and may never need it again :D

It don't matter, you're free of Spark and may never need it again :D

Haha thanks!

Ok so I have AutoBouquets installed, however when I go to run it I get;
    Execution Progress :

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh : not found

Execution Finished

But when I FTP in I can see the file in that directory and the permission 755 has been set?

Ok so I have AutoBouquets installed, however when I go to run it I get;

But when I FTP in I can see the file in that directory and the permission 755 has been set?

Does the Autobouquets folder contain an autobouquets folder.? Should just be one folder deep

Does the Autobouquets folder contain an autobouquets folder.? Should just be one folder deep

It goes
    Plugins/Extensions/AutoBouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh

Is this not right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I've opened a thread in foreign satellite about this box. I'll be using it for reception of mainly foreign satellite channels. With the 2 inputs for satellites does both inputs have to be the same feeds (same range of satellites).

I would hope to have input 1 diseqc motor and input 2 8 way diseqc switch with 8 lnbs.

Would this work?

• Advertisement

You can configure each tuner individually

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement