Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

120hz ips sounds lovely, but.... What about price?! If even known brand cheapest ips 24inch is around 400+++ quid :(

I am getting my updated gpu so next step for me is proper monitor. cattle ap sounds lovely, but I always wanted multy monitor setups :(.

Btw on games lie bf3, would 1440p increase FOW, or it only works with multy monitor setups?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

120hz ips sounds lovely, but.... What about price?! If even known brand cheapest ips 24inch is around 400+++ quid :(

I am getting my updated gpu so next step for me is proper monitor. cattle ap sounds lovely, but I always wanted multy monitor setups :(.

Btw on games lie bf3, would 1440p increase FOW, or it only works with multy monitor setups?
    I've changed mine from 70 to 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

120 fov come on...

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I've changed mine from 70 to 85.

FOV? Is 70 standart on 1080p?

Brian wrote: »
    120 fov come on...
    what?
    will it work on 120? will my GPU work on 120?!

70 is standard at 1080 yea.

I can't test it, cause I got a 5mb update last night that completely broke all 20gb somehow. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BF3 probably doesn't have FOV available higher than 90. TF2 doesn't, unless you hack it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRuGpXNIbk) to get like Quake.

BF3 probably doesn't have FOV available higher than 90. TF2 doesn't, unless you hack it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRuGpXNIbk) to get like Quake.

after 3 minutes it REALLY made my head hurt!

i would prefer 3 monitor field of view extended then FOV in single monitor.

did quake had 120 as standart?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

90 was standard but everybody uses 120 as it is the best, see so much.

dm4_0090_flat.jpg

vs

dm4_0120_flat.jpg

some people play at 150, but that looks weird.

It depends on the game mode though. I think most duel pros use somewhere around 100 since they only have to aim at one opponent and they generally have a good idea of where they are. In TDM and CTF though, higher FOVs like 120 are very useful because you can see more around you. That's part of the reason it's capped at 90 in TF2, because some classes rely on ambushing from the side or behind and if you can see more of your surroundings that reduces their effectiveness. The other reason is that there is a bug in the source engine where FOVs of >140 let you see through walls that you stand beside, and Valve are too lazy to fix it.

It depends on the game mode though. I think most duel pros use somewhere around 100 since they only have to aim at one opponent and they generally have a good idea of where they are. In TDM and CTF though, higher FOVs like 120 are very useful because you can see more around you. That's part of the reason it's capped at 90 in TF2, because some classes rely on ambushing from the side or behind and if you can see more of your surroundings that reduces their effectiveness. The other reason is that there is a bug in the source engine where FOVs of >140 let you see through walls that you stand beside, and Valve are too lazy to fix it.

too busy with HL3! :pac:

• Advertisement

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE

Guess I'll be getting hit too. Dream-seller / EMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TheMadMan697

ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE

Guess I'll be getting hit too. Dream-seller / EMS.
    Dang it, I was hoping i would get away with that. I guess I'm going to have to pay taxes and import duty as well :( how much were you charged?

I ordered a CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P the weekend and it was dispatched this morning by dream-Seller. How long did it take your to get to Ireland?

Still waiting to receive it. Took 3 days to get to Ireland if I remember correctly. I'll get in touch with them tomorrow when the holiday weekend is over and they're back to work.

Still waiting to receive it. Took 3 days to get to Ireland if I remember correctly. I'll get in touch with them tomorrow when the holiday weekend is over and they're back to work.

Will you have to go to customs yourself to take it?! I got skyline parts from Japan, so delivery company payed the customs and I had to pay them after.

any update Brian?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

have u oc'd that beauty yet tea ? What make of graphics card do u have (only nvidia can hit the 100hz correct ?)

Osmosae wrote: »
    have u oc'd that beauty yet tea ? What make of graphics card do u have (only nvidia can hit the 100hz correct ?)
    I haven't bothered trying tbh, because its a 2C model so only goes up to 67Hz apparently. I'm also not gaming at the moment as my PC is in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well my monitor arrived in Ireland. Just says it's in portlaois.. No update on it since...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Same here!
    Ordered last Wednesday and it looks like it just cleared customs, so hopefully have it tomorrow. :D

Just wondering Tea_Bag, did you ever have to pay any customs in the end?
    if i remember correctly your's was sent fedex, wasn't it?

For any of you considering ordering one from a seller that uses FedEx here is my tracking details..... quite the trip!
    fedex.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Where did you order it,ebay?

If so which seller teabag?

Do you think its worth it over 3 x 22 or 24"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Probably depends on what you want it for. I imagine it has input lag, has under 120 hz and no 3d so I wouldn't want it for gaming but I imagine it looks excellent. So it would be better on that basis. Also it's big :D

Probably depends on what you want it for. I imagine it has input lag, has under 120 hz and no 3d so I wouldn't want it for gaming but I imagine it looks excellent. So it would be better on that basis. Also it's big :D

Well I had an option to go ips 27 catleap 1440p or 3 monitor setup and I am going 3 monitor setup. For gaming I find it more fun. The viewing angle is briliant for fps too. You can say waaaay more of the battlefield. :) I presume it's a matter of taste.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    any update Brian?

Yeah, got a letter from An Post saying please send us invoice.

huh? what do you mean? do you need to send a recept you got for that monitor to post, so they calculate taxes etc?!

Yes, and they specifically crossed out seller invoice and underlined Paypal / Credit card receipt.

Yes, and they specifically crossed out seller invoice and underlined Paypal / Credit card receipt.

cheeky ****ers. so now downtime sending out receipts etc... can you email them?

I think I might prefer the 3 monitors, but if I could get one huge 0 input lag 120hz 3D HD IPS monitor, oh baby! I wouldn't use multimonitor gaming much so it's taste really.

You can easily photoshop that or do it in ms paint. ;)

Did you get them to write that it cost a small amount or something?

I didn't ask them to do anything. Someone said earlier that theirs was marked as $100 but whatever I just sent the real paypal thing as a pdf.

:(

More honest than me. Hit up dutycalculator.com to see how much you should be charged. Wonder what total will be now, hope it doesn't ruin the sweet deal.

• Advertisement

it will be around 40eu.

Advertisement