Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    I wasnt aware till i was given a flyer. buy one get one free. didnt really see any freebies :(

Haven't been in the courtyard yet this week (sick :( ) but apparently there was free pizza and Red Bull there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Haven't been in the courtyard yet this week (sick :( ) but apparently there was free pizza and Red Bull there. :pac:

Aww jeez. wuda loved some free pizza... and red bull.... There live music or a Dj on tonight in Whelans :pac: anything on, on friday i might be down there if i can pick up freebies i will. :pac:

Aww jeez. wuda loved some free pizza... and red bull.... There live music or a Dj on tonight in Whelans :pac: anything on, on friday i might be down there if i can pick up freebies i will. :pac:

Soldiers Can't Dance in Dolan's tonight. Maverick Sabre and Ryan O Shaughnessy(I think he's the guy that one Ireland's Got Talent?) on Thursday with a few others on campus, €20 though, so f*ck that.

Doubt there'll be much going on on Friday tbh, Friday of Fresher week is always a day where the ickle firsties are nursing their heads and carrying home their dirty underpants to Mammy for the weekend. :pac:

Soldiers Can't Dance in Dolan's tonight. Maverick Sabre and Ryan O Shaughnessy(I think he's the guy that one Ireland's Got Talent?) on Thursday with a few others on campus, €20 though, so f*ck that.

Doubt there'll be much going on on Friday tbh, Friday of Fresher week is always a day where the ickle firsties are nursing their heads and carrying home their dirty underpants to Mammy for the weekend. :pac:

Aww Bless the Firsties... :pac: I've lost my first year virginity doesnt mean i cant be a mature know it all and show them how to live life to the max without having to suffer. Hi five for no hangovers :pac:

how-I-met-your-mother-GIF.gif

Not even 5.30 and i feel like i could sleep for a day. :( so bored...

• Advertisement

Not even 5.30 and i feel like i could sleep for a day. :( so bored...

Any good at Photoshop? You could make some logos for me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

No worries man, this one's on the house.

http://imgur.com/Kh0Es

Unfortunately not.

coollogo_com-7937826.gif
    coollogo_com-9411310.jpg
    coollogo_com-28326501.jpg

I actually had a specific logo in mind, but thanks guys! :pac:

Pseudo, I'm using that as my Avatar once I get around to changing it. :P

I actually had a specific logo in mind, but thanks guys! :pac:

Pseudo, I'm using that as my Avatar once I get around to changing it. :P

What kind?

• Advertisement

What kind?

Just the logo for the website I'm attempting to put together. I suck at PS, and my cracked copy no longer works, so I'm unlikely to ever improve unless I win the lotto. :pac:

Just the logo for the website I'm attempting to put together. I suck at PS, and my cracked copy no longer works, so I'm unlikely to ever improve unless I win the lotto. :pac:

coollogo_com-79371595.jpg :pac:

Lol :pac: I wouldnt really use photoshop by Adobe. use Picasa from Google. Is it a photo your looking for with text?

coollogo_com-79371595.jpg :pac:

Lol :pac: I wouldnt really use photoshop by Adobe. use Picasa from Google. Is it a photo your looking for with text?

Haha love that one. :)

I'm kinda looking for something a bit like the boards.ie logo in the sticky header of the new skin, or like the GameFaqs one, but with my website name (which I'm not posting here, because I haven't registered the domain and ye're all a bunch of thieving bastids! :pac:)

Haha love that one. :)

I'm kinda looking for something a bit like the boards.ie logo in the sticky header of the new skin, or like the GameFaqs one, but with my website name (which I'm not posting here, because I haven't registered the domain and ye're all a bunch of thieving bastids! :pac:)

Hmm tis kinda hard. dunno what font they use and im sure they wouldnt be giving it out.... although :rolleyes: ....

Like if you could find out the font of the sites im sure it is possible to get it. after all you can get every font on the internet :pac:

Hmm tis kinda hard. dunno what font they use and im sure they wouldnt be giving it out.... although :rolleyes: ....

Like if you could find out the font of the sites im sure it is possible to get it. after all you can get every font on the internet :pac:

Not that simple though, because there is an "O" in the name, and I want that O to be replaced by a CD, and on that CD I want a smaller version of the logo. :P

(I'm very demanding for someone who has no idea how to do something for himself. :pac:)

Not that simple though, because there is an "O" in the name, and I want that O to be replaced by a CD, and on that CD I want a smaller version of the logo. :P

(I'm very demanding for someone who has no idea how to do something for himself. :pac:)

Here's a rule of thumb, if you replace a letter in a logo with an image, it looks like shit. Retain the O.

Here's a rule of thumb, if you replace a letter in a logo with an image, it looks like shit. Retain the O.

My main reasoning behind doing it was that I could use the image as a smaller logo for other uses, sort of kill two birds with one stone to use a cliche.

But your advice is noted, and will probably be used once I see how bad my original design looks on the screen. :pac:

My main reasoning behind doing it was that I could use the image as a smaller logo for other uses, sort of kill two birds with one stone to use a cliche.

But your advice is noted, and will probably be used once I see how bad my original design looks on the screen. :pac:

something like that i have the font to get cds but had to take a picture to add wording to the cd
    cd.png

why do you have the audi logo in that picture?

why do you have the audi logo in that picture?

Cause i wuv Audi's.... have you not seen my sig... All things german. i dont lie plus the photo is up on photobucket in a public album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Frightened rabbit were stunning last night! I got to say hi to Grant just before it too, and he heard me, and he replied!! I'm totally fanboying now. They reduced my friend to tears! Oh my God... I am so delighted that I bought a ticket for Dublin too! *collapses*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I am looking at chocolate planets on a website, and the tagline says "Have you ever wondered what Uranus tastes like?". God I hope that joke is intentional...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Frightened rabbit were stunning last night! I got to say hi to Grant just before it too, and he heard me, and he replied!! I'm totally fanboying now. They reduced my friend to tears! Oh my God... I am so delighted that I bought a ticket for Dublin too! *collapses*

The venue cancelled their gig in Dundalk, might have gone.

I dont understand science. i dont get how they can look at a picture and be able to determine what the fracking hell it is. i mean no body had touched, smelt or physically seen these objects with the naked eye without the use of machinery which could for all we know be sending a load of lies and everything we know about space could be wrong. but im guessing the large majority is right. but blackholes.... they exist but not one single human being has gone through or even infact came back to tell the tale so no body know what they are for sure. i dont think even technology is that advanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I dont understand science. i dont get how they can look at a picture and be able to determine what the fracking hell it is. i mean no body had touched, smelt or physically seen these objects with the naked eye without the use of machinery which could for all we know be sending a load of lies and everything we know about space could be wrong. but im guessing the large majority is right. but blackholes.... they exist but not one single human being has gone through or even infact came back to tell the tale so no body know what they are for sure. i dont think even technology is that advanced.

Nevermind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

They use maths. Also applying observable physical principles in clever, logically connected ways.

i.e. Magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I'm really pissed off I haven't been able to make any of their Irish shows :(

Humanity has been restored back to my life.
    Arent girls just so sexy? Jeez never thought the day i'd say that in public or to a public forum. :pac: But if i could link it i would but a video that came up a Burning man 2012 and normally i would just walk past not caring in the world bout girls cause on many an occasion ive had my head bitten off cause of wantting to be treated equal. But i cant but stop what im doing, watch the video and smile. And i thought my life was coming to an end. :pac: Tis gonna be a good nights sleep me thinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Arent girls just so sexy? [...] Tis gonna be a good nights sleep me thinks...

o_O

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The awkward moment when you check the sites which bring people to your blog and one of them is described at "free sex dating for adults" ! My blog is all about US Sports which makes me majorly confused about how these things work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The awkward moment when you check the sites which bring people to your blog and one of them is described at "free sex dating for adults" ! My blog is all about US Sports which makes me majorly confused about how these things work :P

You weren't covering golf were you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You weren't covering golf were you?

nope none !

Turns out Blogger is a lot more versatile than I gave it credit for... was beginning to wish I'd chose WP for a while. :)

A girl gave me her number tonight... What the hell do I do now!? She's way too cool for me... Ah :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

A girl gave me her number tonight... What the hell do I do now!? She's way too cool for me... Ah :-(

Man up and text her! She gave it you so she's obviously wants you to contact her

DO IT DO IT DO IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

None of this waiting around for 3 days bullshít. If you like her text her something like "hey how are you, did you have a good night last night or something". She clearly gave you her number for a reason! :)

Yeah I guess.. I'm really not good at this though, so I can see it going badly when she realises..!

What didn't help was some guy last night saying he wouldn't go out with me unless I changed everything about me.. That's a lot :-P

Do what I do:

- Obsess about it constantly for a few days.
    - Replay in your head every single word she said to you to scan for sarcasm and/or hints that she was actually dared/bet by her friends to give you her number.
    - Write out several drafts of the test message you want to send, trying your best not to sound creepy/stalkerish.
    - Realise that despite your best efforts, the text message seems creepy/stalkerish.
    - Repeat step #2.
    - Final draft of text message.
    - Send text message.
    - Get no reply.
    - Cry.

Thankfully this process doesn't happen to me much. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What didn't help was some guy last night saying he wouldn't go out with me unless I changed everything about me.. That's a lot :-P

Probably his way of saying he's heterosexual.

In other news flapjacks are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Does facebook depress anybody else?:P

Like i'll see people putting up pictures from last night going "what a great night at blah blah" and like everybodys so happy and im just here writing out german verbs feeling sorry for myself and my social awkwardness.

• Advertisement

anirishlad wrote: »

Like i'll see people putting up pictures from last night going "what a great night at blah blah" and like everybodys so happy and im just here writing out german verbs feeling sorry for myself and my social awkwardness.

Not in that way, more in the sense that I'm completely fed up with it.

Probably his way of saying he's heterosexual.

In other news flapjacks are great.

Haha! That was the problem, he's gay, so he was serious :P

But anyway, flapjacks = okay.

Chocolate flapjacks = spot on :P

You've gotta have the chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Do what I do:

- Obsess about it constantly for a few days.

- Send text message.
    - Get no reply.
    See now there's your problem. If someone takes ages to contact me I'd be thinking 'Well they're obviously not bothered. Fuck 'em I'm not even going to reply.'
    Where as if I get a text the next day, it's like 'Oh they want to talk to me, that's sweet!'

Lawliet wrote: »
    See now there's your problem. If someone takes ages to contact me I'd be thinking 'Well they're obviously not bothered. Fuck 'em I'm not even going to reply.'
    Where as if I get a text the next day, it's like 'Oh they want to talk to me, that's sweet!'

I was being semi-tongue-in-cheek. In reality I probably would send a really awkward cringy text the next morning.

Hasn't been an issue though, as I've only ever got a girl's number once, and she was with her boyfriend at the time, so nothing was going to happen there. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Hasn't been an issue though, as I've only ever got a girl's number once, and she was with her boyfriend at the time, so nothing was going to happen there. :P
    Just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean nothing can happen. You've got to sweet-talk her, and bad mouth him. Eventually they'll have a fight and she'll be crying in your arms. One thing will lead to another and ye will be in the bedroom ready to get down to a business transaction. When she strips down in front of you, play innocent and give her a lecture on the wrongs of infidelity.

Davidius, you really are a funny man. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah sure anybody would think that if you look at your facebook wall. In fact, it's been documented that people having over a certain amount of facebook "friends", something like 360, makes them more likely to contemplate/commit suicide as their own life seems far inferior to the lives of the many facebook friends.

However, it must be remembered that Facebook shows a completely inaccurate representation of someone's life. The majority of people only post on facebook what is good about their life. Chances are, there's equally as many bad things in such a person's life. So looking at all of these people's "fantastic" lives and comparing them to your own may make you suicidal.

It's ridiculous really, and one of the reasons I don't really use facebook much, apart from the groups feature. I rarely post anything to my own page.
    360 friends+ is quite ridiculous really if you ask me anyway, if you have that many "friends" you aught to take a look at your friends list and how many of them can really be considered friends.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yeah sure anybody would think that if you look at your facebook wall. In fact, it's been documented that people having over a certain amount of facebook "friends", something like 360, makes them more likely to contemplate/commit suicide as their own life seems far inferior to the lives of the many facebook friends.

However, it must be remembered that Facebook shows a completely inaccurate representation of someone's life. The majority of people only post on facebook what is good about their life. Chances are, there's equally as many bad things in such a person's life. So looking at all of these people's "fantastic" lives and comparing them to your own may make you suicidal.

It's ridiculous really, and one of the reasons I don't really use facebook much, apart from the groups feature. I rarely post anything to my own page.
    360 friends+ is quite ridiculous really if you ask me anyway, if you have that many "friends" you aught to take a look at your friends list and how many of them can really be considered friends.

I don't think he meant the word depressed that strongly to be honest, I'll wait for him to respond but maybe suicidal is too strong a word, when you look at his smiley afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Eathrin wrote: »

As flyswatter probably just said i misused depress a bit there, just meant like you feel bad seeing your friends going off to partys and meeting new people and you not being invited.

I try to avoid it as much as I can but at my age if your not on it you will be automatically be put down as one of those weirdo's who doesn't like to talk to people :P People dont really give each other there numbers anymore, they just say they'll add each other on facebook and see how it goes on from there. I agree with you about the whole friends thing alot of people in my year would have 600+ and i know 2 or 3 with 1500+ which is just crazy, I only have 204 so I guess I'm doing something right.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

As flyswatter probably just said i misused depress a bit there, just meant like you feel bad seeing your friends going off to partys and meeting new people and you not being invited.

Oh how I know how you feel...
    People in my year have this fun habit of inviting a majority of my year to a party, but not me, and then the photos/discussion of said party are all over Facebook and im just there like... yeah.. ok...
    (I have friends outside school that DO invite me to things, its just my year seem to think im a weird nerdy girl who cant have a good time -_-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement