Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Monday 7th April

Split Snatch
    3x1@70kg

Squat
    1x5@105kg

Snatch Pull
    1@100kg
    2x2@90kg

S/S
    30s Plank @ 50kg
    6 Hanging Leg Raises
    x2

Tired..things heavy. Got some advices from his hatefulness on squat rack position which I shall try out next week.

Wednesday 9th April

Bench
    3x4@80kg attempted 3x5

Pendlay Row
    3x5@80kg

S/S
    10 DB Bench @ 25kg
    12 DB Row @ 32.5kg
    x3

Curls
    2x12@15kg

Saturday 12th April

Split Clean & Jerk
    1@95kg
    2xf@100kg fail on the jerks

Split Squat
    w/ front rack
    3x3@80kg

Clean Pull
    1@130kg
    2x3@110kg

SL RDL
    3x8@20kg

S/S
    10 Rollouts from knees
    10 Landmines @ bar+10kgs
    x3

I figured I'd do a few singles @ 90kg today on the C&J and maybe give 95kg a bash. They felt light enough though today so I went up to 100kg. Very narrow miss on jerks dropped both after a couple of seconds of attempted stabilisation (I caught them v.low). Mostly missed just due to the fact that like the cleans I haven't jerked heavy this year either.

Pretty happy with that I didn't think I'd be back to 100kg for a another few weeks. Bodyweight was a clothed 72kg also assuming the scales in the gym isn't telling fibs.

Weekly Bike
    32km

Back on the bicycle. Typical work commute will be 40k a week. I'll probably start cycling to the gym as well in a while which will bump that up a good bit. I'll start with just any upper body days during the week.

TuesdayApril 15th

Press
    3x3@55kg

WG Pullups
    3x5

S/S
    10 Ring Dips
    8 Chinups
    x3

I'm going to switch landmines to Russian twists for awhile. They have turned into more of an upperbody exercise now and even with a few days between last session upper body was still fatigued some what tonight.

Wednesday 16th April

Split Snatch
    1@75kg
    tf@77kg knee touch
    f@79kg landed it but couldn't stabilise it
    f@80kg got under it but bit out of position

Squat
    1@110kg

Snatch Pull
    1@105kg
    2x2@90kg

S/S
    30s Plank @ 50kg
    6 Hanging Leg Raises
    x2

Snatch was pretty good. Higher than I thought I'd be cos the legs were a bit tired which showed on the squats. I knew x5 wasn't going to happen but figured I'd do 2-3 reps. First rep was a touch ugly though so stopped there.

• Advertisement

Thursday 17th April

Bench
    3@85kg 3RM PB
    4x2@85kg

Pendlay Row
    3x3@85kg

S/S
    12 DB Bench @ 25kg
    15 DB Row @ 32.5kg
    x2

Curls
    2x12@15kg

Token 3RM PB on the bench. Still not back to the dizzy heights I was at on it 5-6 weeks ago but getting there.

Friday 18th April

Split Clean & Jerk
    1@95kg

Split Squat
    w/ front rack
    3x3@80kg

Clean Pull
    1@125kg

Tired ass session. 4th day in a row to fit in the 4 planned sessions for the week. Skipped back off sets on clean pulls and any assistance.

Weekly Bike
    40km

Saturday 19th April

5hr hike Slieve Foy. Gainz?

Monday 21st April

Split Snatch
    up to 1@83kg
    f@86kg PB attempt resulting in near death experience

Squat
    3@110kg

Bench
    1@90kg
    f@95kg

Unusual day. I didn't feel like training because of weekend shenigans. The plan was 3x1 snatch opener but for some reason the weights were flying up so I decided to max. Got 83kg which is the most I've got in a looong time. I went for a PB attempt at 86kg and al most killed myself when I didn't release straps properly. Close enough though and pretty happy overall with the lifts tonight.

I'll go for 95kg on the bench again next week I reckon I can get it then. I'll then do a bout of smolov jr on it and test again.

Near death experience.

Wednesday 23rd April

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    1@75kg
    f@80kg jerk

Press
    3x5@40kg

Pullups
    3x5

Lifting in Clonmel on Saturday so didn't do too much tonight. I was really flat as well after Mondays adventures. Forgot to log 2x10@60kg on bench on Monday also which added to upper body stiffness.

Saturday 26th April

Clonmel Open

Weighin: 70.9kg :pac:

Snatch
    75,78,81x

Clean & Jerk
    95,100x,100x

I decided to experiment with finding out what effort it would take to hit 69kg BW and how much it affected my lifts ahead of nationals. The answer is too much effort and too much of negative hit on lifts based on this attempt. I didn't have much punch and just felt drained in general so for nationals I'm gonna go the other way and try put on a few kg.

With 6 weeks to go to nationals this next training block will be called for lack of a better name "Project Medium Build". As well as being a ****ty name it's not really accurate either as I'm only looking at putting on about 2kg so I'm not exactly getting jacked.

I'll put up some videos later in the week.

• Advertisement

Bike last week
    32km

Tuesday 29th April

Track
    5@40m w/ blocks

I was down at Irishtown tonight with the plan of getting back into sprinting. There was hardly anyone there tonight though. The college age group were away on a trip and the first of the Dublin graded meets is tomorrow as well so anyone outside of that were mostly absent tonight also.

I did a few block starts to 40m with one of the guys practicing starts for the graded meet tomorrow. Got a good few tips on block start position and drive phase so it was a good session in the end. Also good to be short one first session back.

Apparently the group is a bit bigger this year and there's a higher standard in general so they just aren't taking anyone on so I'll have to wait and see if the coach accepts me to the group. Not that it's overly elite or anything but they don't want time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

token wrote: »
    they don't want time wasters.

Did you not take the hint? :pac:

Frogdog wrote: »
    Did you not take the hint? :pac:

Nope and I won't either. In the same fashion that I'm not giving up weightlifting until I hit 90/110 I'm also not giving up on the sprinting idea until I get a sub 12 second 100m.

Wednesday 30th April

Squats
    3x5@90kg
    2x10@70kg

S/S
    Bench @ 63kg
    P.Row @ 65kg
    6x6

Legs were drained today from the handful of sprints I did yesterday. I should have started sprinting earlier in the year it might take a while to accommodate to it again with lifting.

The first day of smolov jr bench is hidden in there. I haven't given up on the idea of a 100kg bench either. Since it was an easy day today I just supersetted it in with rows on the same rep scheme. I'm going to run one cycle of it and then will test after a few days rest. If I get 95+ kg I'll be happy as it'll be a PB then I'll run it again after Nationals which are in 5/6 weeks to close the remaining gap on 100kg.

75,78,81x snatch
    95,100x, 100x c&j
    BW: 70.9kg

The copy of vids I got were vertical so...yeah.

Saturday 1st May

Bench
    7x5@68kg

Chins
    1x15 one rep pb

Squats
    3x5@95kg
    2x10@75kg

Should be able to get a few more reps on chins next time I was bollixed today.

Weekly Bicycling
    45km

Tuesday 6th May

Track
    Something like..

Bunch of 20's then..

150 @ 80%
    120 @ 80%

Wednesday 7th May

Bench
    8x4@73kg

Squat
    3x5@100kg
    2x10@80kg

Friday 9th May

Bench
    10x3@75kg

Front Squat
    3 second pause
    up to 3@80kg

RDL
    3x5@100kg

First week of smolov jr on bench finished tho it took a little longer than a calendar week to fit it in. Not too bad tonight but I see it getting bad fast as I'm going to jump 5kg per week.

First time doing paused front squats even tho I've been doing this dere liftin' stuff a few years now. They do give off the impression of being useful I have to say. They were okay as well until the top set which was not pleasant.

Saturday 11th May

Bench
    6x6@68kg

Chins
    2x10

Monday 12th May

Power Snatch
    few singles and a few full snatch singles @ 60kg

Squat
    2x5@105kg
    2x10@85kg

Snatch Pull
    1@100kg

Much effort today. Dipping toes back in the olympic this week with powers. Will do some splitting next week. I did a few full snatches after heckling. They were pretty good actually. My calf/ankle flexbility has improved a bit after being stuck for years and the extra core strength of late helps also. After nationals I'll work it for a few weeks and see what my max in it is.

Too tired to smolololov bench so will do it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 13th May

Bench
    7x5@72.5kg

Pendlay Row
    5x3@80kg

S/S
    Ring Dips
    DB Row @ 32.5kg
    2x15

Hanging Leg raises
    3x6

+ few L-sits while doing leg flutters just because...

Wednesday 15th May

Power Clean
    3x1@85kg

Front Squat
    3 second pause
    3@75kg

Clean Pull
    1@120kg

Was fairly bollixed so left it there.

Friday 16th May

Snatch
    hipster to 75kg
    mainstream to 70kg, fail 75kg

Split Squat
    3@70kg

Bench
    8x4@77kg

Mainstream snatches were really good until 75kg. The fear started setting in then though cos of flexibility limitations. I can't do a sotts press with an empty bar etc...so not really comfortable diving under heavy stuff.

Last weeks bike
    40km

Did a hike on Saturday as well.

Monday 19th May

Bench
    10x3@80kg

Squat
    3x5@105kg
    2x10@85kg

Pretty tired after weekend so just strengthz today. Not too bad actually. That's week 2 of smolov jr down on the bench. Last week is gonna be challenging.

Tuesday 21st May

Split Snatch
    1@70kg, f@75kg

Split Clean
    1@90kg

Pendlay Row
    5x3@80kg

Chinup
    4x8

Mostly the olympic today. Not much happening there after the squatting the day before.

Wednesday 21st May

Front Squat
    3 second pause
    1@85kg

Clean Pull
    1@120kg

Bench
    6x6@72.5kg
    22@50kg

Sunday 25th May

Bench
    7x5@77.5kg

Split Snatch
    1@75kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    1@95kg
    f@100kg clark

Another I'm tired training session. Weights were reasonable considering. There will be more of this theme between now and nationals in two weeks. I've a lot of sh*t on and gonna be hard to fit in sessions.

W3D2 of smolov jr bench though if I was following it rigidly I'd be finished it by now. Starting to get tough now I got a spotter for the last 3 sets but was okay in the end. I don't see myself making all the reps of the last two days. If I did it would show a significant improvement.

Monday 26th May

Squat
    3x5@100kg
    2x10@80kg

Clean Pull
    3@120kg

RDL
    3x6@100kg

Wednesday 28th May

Bench
    8x4@82.5kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    1@100kg

Squat
    1x5@100kg

Happy with the bench didn't think I'd get all the reps before the session but was alright. Definitely stronger in it. There was a lot of messing going on tonight so I didn't do much volume on the rest. Not that I've been doing much volume these days anyway.

Edit: The messing
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152511731965407

• Advertisement

Sunday 1st June

Bench
    10x3@85kg

Squat
    5@110kg 5RM

RDL
    3x3@110kg

Very good session. Last day of smolov jr on the bench and I got all the reps on my previous (still current) 3RM. First few sets were flying up. I'll do doubles tomorrow hopefully then max it next week after nationals. Can't be all that far away from the hundo now.

Also finally got that 5RM of 110kg on squat I've been trying to get all year. I think this was my 5th time to attempt it. Got ugly towards the end required some shtones to go for the last rep. Happy to finally get it. I might give smolov jr a go on the squat soon and try get a new 1RM.

Advertisement