Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

210lbs 6'2 progress (pics)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Remmy wrote: »
    Roughly how many grams of protein are you taking in per day? Ever try zero carb, high fat, high protein?

Ranges from 210g to 245g, depends on the day and my food sources

I had 241g of protein today, 254g carbs and 65g fat for 2250 calories

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

RomanGod wrote: »
    You'll find very few people who are an all round player when it comes to fitness. The most notable were probably Greg Plitt and Mario Pudzianowski. Weird to put these two together but these guys packed on muscle and had great cardiovascular abilities to boot

Alex Viada...just in case he's on Boards and would take exception to his exclusion :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most bodybuilders are trained to perform an exercise for 8 reps typically which takes maybe
    25 seconds. They rest 30 seconds and repeat. They are not trained to do 30 minutes on a treadmill. Same way a marathon runner may not hack 8 reps of heavy weight training. You'll find very few people who are an all round player when it comes to fitness. The most notable were probably Greg Plitt and Mario Pudzianowski. Weird to put these two together but these guys packed on muscle and had great cardiovascular abilities to boot

Cool. cheers for pointing me towards them, that interests me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Alex Viada...just in case he's on Boards and would take exception to his exclusion :)

4.15 miles, ultra marathons etc, while lifting all that, very nice.

I don't know about that, Plitts body was used as a template for Dr Manhatten in the film Watchmen. He maintains 6%bf all year round. Used to be a military ranger. If you watch his videos he's very fit cardio wise, never gets tired. All round perfect athlete

Mario Pudzianowski, 5 time world's strongest man, 290lbs with a 6 pack. Enough said

• Advertisement

I don't know about that, Plitts body was used as a template for Dr Manhatten in the film Watchmen. He maintains 6%bf all year round. Used to be a military ranger. If you watch his videos he's very fit cardio wise, never gets tired. All round perfect athlete

Mario Pudzianowski, 5 time world's strongest man, 290lbs with a 6 pack. Enough said

Not arguing with those. Just thought he was worthy of an inclusion for his lifting and his non lifting escapades.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I honestly just hit a buffet joint like Jimmy Chungs on my high carb day, eat magnum ice creams and chocolate chip muffins. I try to hit 500g carbs.

I would like to subscribe to this newsletter

Ah no fair play to you it looks like amazing work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Can't tell if that's sarcasm but I was just letting the poster know that there is enough time in the day to fit in a 45 minute workout no matter how much you have going on in your life. If you find time to watch TV you should find time for exercise, it's all about how badly you want to get into shape
    Defo admiration dude

Transform wrote: »
    Defo admiration dude

Kinda let my outside life get a bit out of sorts, made some big mistakes but just gotta do what you can. Wouldn't say I'm an admirable person by any means. I got lucky with genetics coupled with the ability to avoid junk food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I get this reference so often that I actually took the time to Google him. The glasses, facial hair and certain facial features are uncanny. When I grow my beard out and wear contacts I'm a different person entirely

Haha, it is uncanny!! Certainly in the last pic! Anyway, I've no idea how I even ended up here! So I best be off! G'luck :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Going to meet him this weekend

Transform wrote: »
    Going to meet him this weekend

Marvellous.

Seems y'all meeting the big hitters lately. COH met him there last weekend. Along with a whole host of other big chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David John 72

4.15 miles, ultra marathons etc, while lifting all that, very nice.

That 4:15 mile never happened. He just makes that stuff up. He does lift and he does run, but nothing anywhere near a 4:15 mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

I saw this same thread and pics on bb.com fairly recently (I remembered the dead lift pic). Is the OP on a worldwide victory lap?

Congrats on getting in such great shape in any case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I saw this same thread and pics on bb.com fairly recently (I remembered the dead lift pic). Is the OP on a worldwide victory lap?

Congrats on getting in such great shape in any case.

It's probably not even him.... :D:D

Someone did that a few years ago to me on BB.com. Robbed a load of pics of me and a mate and claimed they were him.

Someone mailed me on here and the ensuing call out was frickin hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Ranges from 210g to 245g, depends on the day and my food sources

I had 241g of protein today, 254g carbs and 65g fat for 2250 calories

protein - 241 * 4 = 964
    carbs - 254* 4 = 1016
    Fat - 65 * 9 = 585

Total = 2565

you had me going mad how you could fit that many carbs into 2250 when I couldn't - I'm trying to hit that calorie level with a similar protein requirement.

nice pics though.
    although you must have super genes to emerge from jimmy chungs unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hey OP, just a quick question.

I generally have a decent enough diet - not perfect but good.

A typical lunch would be brown rice, vegetables and chicken. Also a sweet potato, vegetables and chicken.

However, I find the food plain enough on its own so I put a bit of extra spicy Cajun spice, basil and black peppercorn spice over it before I eat it. I also add a bit of olive oil.

Are these spices bad for you or are they ok to put over your food?

protein - 241 * 4 = 964
    carbs - 254* 4 = 1016
    Fat - 65 * 9 = 585

Total = 2565

you had me going mad how you could fit that many carbs into 2250 when I couldn't - I'm trying to hit that calorie level with a similar protein requirement.

nice pics though.
    although you must have super genes to emerge from jimmy chungs unscathed.

I burnt 300 calories in my workout yesterday so 2250 was all inclusive. Should have mentioned that

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Hey OP, just a quick question.

I generally have a decent enough diet - not perfect but good.

A typical lunch would be brown rice, vegetables and chicken. Also a sweet potato, vegetables and chicken.

However, I find the food plain enough on its own so I put a bit of extra spicy Cajun spice, basil and black peppercorn spice over it before I eat it. I also add a bit of olive oil.

Are these spices bad for you or are they ok to put over your food?

Hard to say, if you make your own spices from scratch they can be very low in calories. I personally don't go with branded spices because there so much in them. A spoonful could throw your diet off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hard to say, if you make your own spices from scratch they can be very low in calories. I personally don't go with branded spices because there so much in them. A spoonful could throw your diet off

How? The only issue I can see with spices is salt content. Aren't the calories from spices negligible.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    How? The only issue I can see with spices is salt content. Aren't the calories from spices negligible.

I'm just giving him my opinion on it. I incorporate spices that I make myself, I like knowing what's in it. I'm sure there are healthy spices in the market but some have too much different ingredients for my liking. Olive oil is very caloric dense, I use a low fat coconut oil to cook meats. It's little things like that. This is very small in the grand scheme of things but im finding it very difficult to get more cut now so these things are pivotal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This is very small in the grand scheme of things but im finding it very difficult to get more cut now so these things are pivotal for me

Shave your head. That's about all the 'cut' you have left! Maybe trim your toenails too?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hanley wrote: »
    It's probably not even him.... :D:D

Someone did that a few years ago to me on BB.com. Robbed a load of pics of me and a mate and claimed they were him.

Someone mailed me on here and the ensuing call out was frickin hilarious.

Link!!

I'm just giving him my opinion on it. I incorporate spices that I make myself, I like knowing what's in it. I'm sure there are healthy spices in the market but some have too much different ingredients for my liking. Olive oil is very caloric dense, I use a low fat coconut oil to cook meats. It's little things like that. This is very small in the grand scheme of things but im finding it very difficult to get more cut now so these things are pivotal for me

Ah makes sense. Ye pretty much all oils are very calorie dense. Doesn't getting low fat coconut oil defeat the purpose though?

Ah makes sense. Ye pretty much all oils are very calorie dense. Doesn't getting low fat coconut oil defeat the purpose though?

I use it as cooking oil when I do steaks, only a table spoon. Coconut oil have so much benefits for us that I don't mind the additional calories. Olive oil falls behind it IMO

Also squeeze a lemon in water, these are tricks of the trade if you will

I use it as cooking oil when I do steaks, only a table spoon. Coconut oil have so much benefits for us that I don't mind the additional calories. Olive oil falls behind it IMO

Also squeeze a lemon in water, these are tricks of the trade if you will

Yeah agreed. I use coconut oil whenever I'm frying. How regirous are you when calory counting? Do you weight out pretty much everything you eat or did you get to a good point of being able to eye ball and guestimate your intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David John 72

The secret: when Mariusz Pudzianowski, the dominant strongman at the time, was asked when he’d last taken anabolic steroids, he answered, “What time is it now?”

• Advertisement

Yeah agreed. I use coconut oil whenever I'm frying. How regirous are you when calory counting? Do you weight out pretty much everything you eat or did you get to a good point of being able to eye ball and guestimate your intake.

Yeah you reach a stage when you know just by looking at it. I would weigh oatmeal, chicken and my steaks. I know the nutritional value of 1 egg like the back of my hand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement