Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Pvr freeview box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭egal

A question or two re. subtitles on the Humax HDR 2000T:

Are they recorded automatically in the background so that you can choose whether or not to show them when viewing the recording?

Does it work with Saorview subtitles?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mper

I checked on this yesterday using a couple of pre-recorded programs. On "Long lost families" from TV3 the subtitles were on the recorded item. On "Fair City" from RTE there were no subtitles, but I think they were not on the live program either. With the TV3 recording they could be turned on or off. Hope this helps.

Yes, it does. Thank you very much. If I could impose on you again. Maybe you could try an RTE programme that you know for sure has subtitles? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mper

Hi egal.

Here is the latest and (I hope) definitive story of subtitles on the Humax. I found a button on the Remote which toggles subtitles on and off - bottom left corner of remote and marked Sub.

This works with live OR recorded programmes. I tried it with two recorded progs. "Rachel Allen" and "Fair City" and could toggle subtitles on or off at will.

By the way there is a full list of all progs. with subtitles on Teletext page 344.

Great. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Just back from holidays. My option to series link is gone! Humax 2000t. Saorview changed something?

Just back from holidays. My option to series link is gone! Humax 2000t. Saorview changed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

trabpc wrote: »
    My option to series link is gone! Humax 2000t. Saorview changed something?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91301578&postcount=16

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhhh

quick question

as Richer Sounds only have the hdr2000t 500gb in stock i am going to buy it next monday when up in belfast but first a few update queries.

how are users recording a tv series at the moment with no series link? is it a case of just doing a manual record on a weekly basis?

With the change to wintertime this weekend will the clock have to be manually adjusted or will it automatically adjust?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi Kooga

I now do a manual record weekly. It's was very annoying when we lost the series link facility but I've got used to it now.

Something which makes it slightly easier is if you do a search for a program name, it shows the program and you can mark it for recording. But it also stores the search name so you can just go back into the search and mark the program again on a weekly basis. (Make sense?).

When summertime started this year my clock didn't change and there appeared to be no way of manually changing the time. I emailed Humax and they said that I should select BBC and then the clock would change automatically. This worked fine for me but because I live in Drogheda I was able to tune in BBC but others further south weren't able to.

I think there is another way in a secret menu but I don't know much about this. I'm sure someone else can help.

Regards
    Max

Max

Thanks for the reply and update.

I should wheel by your place on Monday and do the set up before going onto cork. There is a secret menu details which has been posted. if you get a chance could you let me have an update on the clock after Saturday night.

Kooga

Just to let you know that my Humax box updated the time fine last night.

I was a bit concerned this week as it seems that I can't get BBC or any other UK channels now on terrestrial. I used to be able to tune in a few UK channels but I can't any more. Are these channels no longer broadcasting on terrestrial frequencies does anyone know?

However I switched on the Humax today and the time had updated to winter time. This didn't work earlier in the year when changing to summer time but I have since change the hidden settings and it now seems fine.

In the hidden settings I changed the country setting to Ireland and changed the operator setting to BBC.

I hope this helps.
    Maax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

maximus02 wrote: »
    ... I was a bit concerned this week as it seems that I can't get BBC or any other UK channels now on terrestrial. I used to be able to tune in a few UK channels but I can't any more. Are these channels no longer broadcasting on terrestrial frequencies does anyone know?

Yes of course, they're still carried on Freeview, the UK terrestrial service. Some attention to your aerial setup might help matters or, you might just be in an area where reliable Freeview reception isn't possible.

Hi Thurston

I live in Drogheda and I used to be able to receive BBC channels on my Humax.

It's not a problem for me as I only use the box for Irish channels and I receive these channels fine. I use Freesat for the main UK channels.

I was just curious as I used to be able to receive BBC terrestrial on this box but not any more. As far as I know the aerial is fine as I can tune in the Irish channels perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

maximus02 wrote: »
    I live in Drogheda and I used to be able to receive BBC channels on my Humax.

... I was just curious as I used to be able to receive BBC terrestrial on this box but not any more.

If you had constant reliable reception (if you have a good view to the north & an aerial installed with Freeview reception in mind), then something will have deteriorated at your own end. Otherwise, certain weather conditions can cause temporary enhancement of signals, that might give a day or 2 here & there of decent reception, while you have poor or nothing the rest of the time.

max

I appreciate you taking time to update. tks for the info

just to confirm in setting up this box use the secret menu and set country for ireland that is sufficient.

In addition if i am watching tv through the tvs own tuner but my aerial is via a loopthrough the humax must the humax be on or his standby sufficient.

and yes i know series link is gone

tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

kooga wrote: »
    just to confirm in setting up this box use the secret menu and set country for ireland that is sufficient.

In addition if i am watching tv through the tvs own tuner but my aerial is via a loopthrough the humax must the humax be on or his standby sufficient.

and yes i know series link is gone

tks

It's not really necessary to change country settings to Ireland. In fact doing so doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference. Back in the day when we had series link, it would disable that, other than that no difference. The aerial loop through will work when the Humax is in stand by, however if you power the unit off completely, then it will interupt the aerial signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

On another HDR T2 related issue, I've been running the custom FW on mine for over a year now and only had one problem which was fixed in an update, (crashed and rebooted 30 secs after power up). The main advantage of CFW (for me anyway) is the ability to backup recordings to a pc via FTP.

Recently though I've noticed that the transfered files are out of audio sync, with SD files being 2-4 seconds out, and HD files much more. Anyone else on here running CFW or have the 'lip sync' problem?

bought by humax and up and running, recorded hanna last night for me on rte 1
    am I write in saying u cannot reorder the channels ? except in favourites but at least you have programme info.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mgc102

MACHEAD wrote: »
    On another HDR T2 related issue........Anyone else have the 'lip sync' problem?

Have you tried changing the video format settings? The vformat second last button on the remote?

I have two HDRs and only noticed this on one box when I got a new HD TV and started to use the HMDI connection. I found lip sync on RTE HD most noticeable when vformat was set to1080 (can't remember if 1080i or 1080p) setting but normalised when went back to lower definition vformat.

I thought it was happening after using the HDR to watch Freeview and then switching to watch RTE. I can't remember if it ever happened on startup then watching RTE HD 1080 format immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cilles man

Have just shown sky the door , and currently just left with saorview receiving some uk channels like bbc1,2,3&4 , channel4&5etc.The better half is keen on purchasing the Humax freeview+hd recorder, As a back up just in case she misses out on her soaps.Few questions before buying is the series link no longer working in the Republic and also is the reception in the Summer weather weaken. I am about 35 mile from the border region and have a clear signal to there. If there are better options out there instead of the Humax , could somebody throw up there experience about them. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you had sky means you still have a working dish. A satellite based system would be much more reliable. Perhaps consider a FreeSat box or a combo box that will handle both terrestrial (Saorview/FreeView) and Free-To-Air (FTA) satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cilles man

Cheers Gerry Wicklow,
    But not being smart am well aware of that but was wondering about series link for recording , that's why I was enquiring in relation to a freeview Humax series link box. Thanks for your reply , any other ideas greatly welcome from boardies experiences .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Linux based combo boxes such as the Amiko Alien 2, have series linking and much much more. You can combine terrestrial and satellite in one channel list, record 3 programs at once and stream to and from your network.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I know there is no series link anymore but i don't have a normal timer record.I can do a manual record ok. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement

Had to Return my Humax 2000T to Amazon today. One day before the 1yr purchase date. Sound went dodgy. No sound initially on some channels. Then the recoding lost sound. But some were OK. Tried rebuild and new HDMI but no luck. Fell out of love with it anyway once Saorview series link stopped working. Won't be buying a walker. My current Samsung TV can record Saorview to USB and freesat will do for now.

Advertisement