Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

German style licence plates

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The German style plates are illegal, so too were the pressed steel plates with black background silver letters and numerals ,which were a fashion craze some years ago.
    Hardly a hanging offence, though if you meet a Garda who has had a tough day......
    The defence forces are allowed use the non reflective number plates though ;)

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1990/en/si/0287.html
    10. The identification mark and place name shall be formed of black characters and shall be exhibited on white reflex reflective material so that the identification mark appears at all times from the front of the plate as black characters on a white background.

Many of the fancy scripts fail on the width
    15. The identification mark shall appear in black characters and each letter or figure shall have a height of 70 millimetres and a stroke width of 10 millimetres. The total width of the space taken by each letter or figure (other than the letter "I" or the number "1") shall be 36 millimetres. The distances between adjoining letters and adjoining figures shall be uniform and shall be not less than 8 millimetres.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Enigma IE wrote: »
    My mate put his M3 through NCT a number of times with german font, 0 with slashes, passed every time. Note, he has the dash between the year, county, number etc. I heard it will most certainly fail without the dash.

My old Golf didn't have the dashes (I never copped on until I was looking at a picture of it one day) and it went through the test and the re test without them!

Depends who's on and what day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have them on my car

I like them and quite frankly I don't give a phuck what anybody else thinks.

No Cop has ever passed any remarks to me about them at checkpoints

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

They are look nice but we are in Ireland and we should use Irish style plates. In UK they use UK style plates, in Germany - german style plates, in France - french style plates and it's illegal there to use any different style plates. Should be the same here. If i could use any fonts i will use arabic one and never pay for M50 for example :))

My reg in arabic style will be look like that:

wefv.jpg

Nice are they hahah :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I love german plates on a new german car like a new version A4, no older than 04 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement