Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My3 PrePay for Android

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I too have "Internet Roaming Band 1 EU" from roaming in UK a few weeks back.

Do you need anything from me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I too have "Internet Roaming Band 1 EU" from roaming in UK a few weeks back.

Do you need anything from me?

No, I have HTML to cover that one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That's the only one I have anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

just not implmented yet?

Random wrote: »
    just not implmented yet?

Correct. Not implemented.. Yet!

• Advertisement

grand so. just checking because when i went to look at my "other" that was the one that showed up on the three website.

grand so. just checking because when i went to look at my "other" that was the one that showed up on the three website.

I wonder if they have different bands for category items also? Ah I'll code it to handle it generically.

Took a bit of a hit since the re-branding (v9 on-wards)!

ENoF3Rl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Pity you couldn't have called it "My Prepay". I keep forgetting the name and have to hunt through all my apps to spot the logo.

Just a FYI to be careful in relation to internet add-on expiring.

A scenario can be created where you may be mislead as to when your internet add-on is expiring and think it is expiring later than it actually is. Depending on your account, this can occur charges.
    • If you check your usage on a day that the internet add-on expires, Three says it expires "Today", not a date.
    • My app register this, persist the into in its normal JSON format along with the other usages. And the app will say that it expires today.
    • However if you open the app again tomorrow without refreshing, the saved JSON info is parsed and will still show "Today" tomorrow, unless you refresh. This is misleading as on "tomorrow" your add-on has expired. This also causes a notification to be registered, so at 8PM "tomorrow" you get a notification again.
    • This can go on and on until you refresh again.

Workarounds:
    • Topup/Buy internet add-on when app first alerts you that your data will expire
    • Or refresh the usage info the next day. Therefore 3 will not show you have an internet add-on and the app will be aware of it.

I have a preliminary fix, to change the "Today" to the actual date of today when you did the refresh, however I am struggling to find time to fit in other fixes in order to submit a stable package to Play store.

• Advertisement

@damo2k

- firstly

the app crashes if i hit the home button while its refreshing
    it basically freezes my phone and a few seconds later i get told the app has stopped responding

not sure if you are aware or not

- secondly

any plans to keep a record of recent usages so we can monitor usage over time?

- thirdly

can you make it so that i can show the most recent info while its loading a new page please

- forthly

make some sort of pro app and give me a reason to donate .. maybe add a stupid gold icon or something to justify it for me :)

- fifthly (is that even spelt right? it just doesnt look right .. and is it spelt or spelled? who knows. who cares. anyone for the last few choc ices?)

if there is 20 quid credit in the queue you shouldnt tell me my bundle is due to expire tomorrow?

@damo2k

- firstly

the app crashes if i hit the home button while its refreshing
    it basically freezes my phone and a few seconds later i get told the app has stopped responding

not sure if you are aware or not

- secondly

any plans to keep a record of recent usages so we can monitor usage over time?

- thirdly

can you make it so that i can show the most recent info while its loading a new page please

- forthly

make some sort of pro app and give me a reason to donate .. maybe add a stupid gold icon or something to justify it for me :)

- fifthly (is that even spelt right? it just doesnt look right .. and is it spelt or spelled? who knows. who cares. anyone for the last few choc ices?)

if there is 20 quid credit in the queue you shouldnt tell me my bundle is due to expire tomorrow?

Hi, many thanks for your feedback.

- first
    Yup, I have this fixed a while. Its a matter of trying to find time to fix other stuff so I can push a stable version to play store.

- secondly
    A few people asked for this actually. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do this. Have you any ideas?

-thirdly
    I used to have this in an older version. E.g. loading animation was overlaying last usage. Would you like this back?

- fourthly
    Haha no donations, as Three could axe the app tomorrow and I'd feel bad for all who donated. Three have their own app now and were never happy with mine.

- fifthly
    Hmm good point. Something to consider alright. But you won't know when your queued bundle commences?

-sixthly
    I'm still aware of the out of bundle charges when roaming not showing correctly.

1 - happy days
    2 - could you maybe even take a screenshot each time its refreshed and keep them in a folder called prepay-log or something? theyll show in my gallery and you can create a shortcut to them from the app?
    3 - yes please
    4 - your loss ;-)
    5 - i think the next 30 days starts from when the old one expires isnt it?
    6 - coola boola

1 - happy days
    2 - could you maybe even take a screenshot each time its refreshed and keep them in a folder called prepay-log or something? theyll show in my gallery and you can create a shortcut to them from the app?
    3 - yes please
    4 - your loss ;-)
    5 - i think the next 30 days starts from when the old one expires isnt it?
    6 - coola boola

If you just want to seen a history of a usage at a give point, I can store the usage in its json format, and display it in a similar way to the current usage. Swiping will cycle from newest to oldest or vice versa.

I only did this app to learn a bit about android to be honest. I think when you accept donations, you have to give a level of support or commitment that I may not always be able to guarentee. Also three sau I'm accessing their proprietary data (even though I access my3account.three.ie over https, same as Firefox, chrome does!) I think ads or donations would really rile them up. Plus I hate ads!

dont put ads in, thatll piss me right off. im all for "pro" or "donate" versions of apps that i use though. anyway, moving on from that.

i like your "swipe to view past history" option a lot. would like to see that implemented if do-able.

cheers :)

dont put ads in, thatll piss me right off. im all for "pro" or "donate" versions of apps that i use though. anyway, moving on from that.

i like your "swipe to view past history" option a lot. would like to see that implemented if do-able.

cheers :)

Yeah know what you mean. I have ad-away on my phone.

It should be doable. Doable by me is a different story. Ah it shouldn't be too bad.

I was also trying to throw together a UPC guide app also. Got tied up in other things. For know it only loads and caches the channel icons.

i dont have upc so dont waste your time on that ;)

i dont have upc so dont waste your time on that ;)

Haha I think UPC will have something out before I'd get anything releaseable anyway. They were a lot more friendly towards me however!

tough enough to get started in programming without these companys pissing on your efforts. i understand their concerns but at the same time ..

tough enough to get started in programming without these companys pissing on your efforts. i understand their concerns but at the same time ..

Ah yeah. I find it tougher finding time and motivation in the evenings after work to work on these also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Ancient thread, but just wanted to say thanks a million for this, I can't believe Three don't have their own version. Working perfectly on a Nexus 5.

Also, I've done UI and logo work for apps and web, if at any point you're looking for a new logo/icon or anything let me know, I'd be happy to donate one to thank you for your time and effort on this :D

Cool, thanks for your reply. Three have their own one here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.three.my3account

Mine is at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

I haven't been active I this project for a while, until a few weeks ago (I was busy with going the OCPJP7 and OCMJD certs outside work).

I have started pushing code again, trying to modernize the UI a little bit more. Hope to add functionality like background update (one per day or something) to help catch those been stung with out of bundle internet add-on charges!

DjDEl1m.png

This below can be refreshed with the swipe down gesture like you see in Gmail and Google+

Zv34leq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not loading anything for me. Oppo find 7. Credentials confirmed ok.

ED E wrote: »
    Not loading anything for me. Oppo find 7. Credentials confirmed ok.

Huh?

You 3pay (prepay)?

Is my3account.three.ie working for you?

You on WiFi?

If on 3 network, you using intermediate server or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Started working, hmmm. Just cleared it from memory and tried again a few times. Guess it coulda just been their shocking servers.

wba88 wrote: »
    Also could you put a Total underneath the 'Won't expire' amounts I have a few lines of €20's there and just thought it would be nice or if possible just one line with the total amount of credit remaining.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Hi, this will now look like:
    http://i.imgur.com/NdTwBKn.png
    http://i.imgur.com/yNC1Kau.png

Beta I'm currently testing before I submit to Play Store if anyone wants to give it a run also. This is only for 3Pay users. My3.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14338572/PrepayCreditAndroid-v0.10-beta-zipaligned-signed.apk
    https://db.tt/bPNT8H5F

You may have to uninstall the current version if you have it installed from Play Store. I have signed it with same keys however.

As usual, source code is available at: https://github.com/DamienOReilly/PrepayCredit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Beta I'm currently testing before I submit to Play Store if anyone wants to give it a run also. This is only for 3Pay users.
    Installed it just now, working well so far. Like the ui improvements.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Installed it just now, working well so far. Like the ui improvements.

Cool thanks, I guess the biggest update is the background updating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Cool thanks, I guess the biggest update is the background updating.

Do you have any plans to make a small widget for the home screen. Would be handy to be able to see my balance, remaining minutes, texts etc. on the homescreen. A tap to refresh type of one. Just any idea.

Advertisement