Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 Fine At Clonsilla Train Station ?!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

trellheim wrote: »
    perhaps an appropriate response from the RSA might be warranted. Like forcing IE to make it difficult for people to take the wrong route to cross the tracks.

kinda hard to put a fence along the platform edge isnt it!:D

ACtually not impossible...some underground lines and that line in London that goes to the docks have a door system on the platform

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

corktina wrote: »

ACtually not impossible...some underground lines and that line in London that goes to the docks have a door system on the platform

So does one of the Paris Metro lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

I think it will be a long long long time before we'll have platform doors at Irish Rail stations.
    But maybe one thing that could be don is to put a Gate at the top of the Ramp (that leads down to the track) at either end of the platforms.

it shouldnt really be necessary really........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

The anti suicide doors. I also think that the subway in Tokoyo has mirrors on the walls opposite the platform. Something to do with it being harder to commit suicide if you can see yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

HydeRoad wrote: »
    I worked with a man once, who was formerly of London Transport, and responsible among other things to be first on the scene when somebody jumped under or was hit by a train. Can you imagine what those guys have to face?

And just to add also. When a body is hit & dragged under a train, the train has to be taken out of commission, the under carraige is stripped & thoroughly cleaned of body parts/clothing that gets stuck within the mechanisms. Hyde, your LRT chap would know about this as well.

Westminster Station, London, has these glass fences along the platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I think it's so irresponsible and selfish to run across the tracks like that - mainly because it will set a bad example to young kids - who certainly don't always have the presence of mind to check the tracks before crossing, and who are probably more likely to have an accident while doing so.

Jesus, the attitudes of some people here make me sick - it's just me, me, me. Ask yourself if you'd like one of your kids taking that risk, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Okay, now we're just getting silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_children

Although, if you're talking about mental ages, I'd be inclined to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stark, I think Glowing does have a point. Growing up in the 1970s and 1980s we had Judge to tell us the Safe Cross Code and where not to cross the railway, etc. so quite a few of our generation don't do overly stupid stuff. I'm not sure if Pikey Mikey watched Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sure that'll never happen to me.
    Unfortunately it only has to happen to you once.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Terrible tragedy but WTF possess people to do things like that? Classic example of somebody who thought they knew how to cross the railway

probably because Ive been around trians all my adult life, i treat them and level crossing with complete respect.....I once saw a rain hit the buffers at a station at zero mph....(almost) the damage caused was unbelivable.....

Advertisement