Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Disappointed they're going the route of bolting on more wacky mechanics instead of a back-to-basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Claudio Serafino lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

They missed a golden opportunity to call him Claudio Maxwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeo141

my eyes hurt after watching the new trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

It really doesn't make me excited about the game at all. It looks like T6BR. There's a flashy new super thing, and some mod to the bound system, but that's it :(

It's not that different at all.... I think anyway.

Flying Wonkey has tweeted that in one of the screenshots the names Miguel, Lei and Kazama Mishima (Jin, perhaps?) are seen in one of the screenshots. Normally I would call bull**** on these statements, but considering it's the ever-reliable Wonkey, looks like Mig and Lei are back for T7.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It really doesn't make me excited about the game at all. It looks like T6BR. There's a flashy new super thing, and some mod to the bound system, but that's it :(

It's not that different at all.... I think anyway.

Namco said that the visuals were only 60% complete about 2 weeks ago, so the final product will look more next gen hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Time release characters? Oh god I hope that doesn't mean DLC characters for the eventual home-platform version of the game once arcades are done. FGs and similar should only have cosmetic things as DLC. Then again, I can't imagine they're talking about anyting related to home-platform version yet so maybe it just means they'll add more characters to the arcade cabinets as time goes on? Should be a lot easier now given the inherent upgrade in the cabinet technology and the extremely high speed internet over there.

If they do mean the home-platform version, then I'm sad. If they're worried about a €60 game no longer being a valid price in this day n' age all they need to do is make the bikinis pay-for DLC and they'll be rich. Just look at the money people spent grinding out devil whore Eliza in TR.

• Advertisement

Hey did anyone see Cunty McCunt's reply down below the page lol?

Hey did anyone see Cunty McCunt's reply down below the page lol?

I feel like he's some actually accomplished Tekken player who's just trolling under a pseudonym.

Woot, maybe we'll start seeing this on greentekken soon

I'm game for watching it but not too long I hope. Fingers crossed for a late 2015 on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHj-mgjh0Kk an OST leak, as heard in the japanese arcade trailer.

Very wub wub.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWfwOKVuiFw&list=UU0kRSXeQvOui0lUcp7Onwpg On a better note, a new trailer. Features a new stage and new costumes for both Lars and Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Macal wrote: »
    Literally a DOA character.

Don't let Fergus see it, I fear he'll spontaneously combust.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Tekken Or Alive 7

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Tekken 7: Rise of the Waifu Otakus. Can bet 70% of players will go as her now.

Omg I've found a new main

(Skeering in love)

Now I wanna buy Tekken 7 and play it 8 hours a day to win EVO.

• Advertisement

This isn't real right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Get hype for tekken x doa

Soon the only way to avoid these bull**** waifu designs will be to play MK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd post something like LOL but there's a new SF coming out. Karma's a bitch and we already have to see Sakura's undies all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Soon the only way to avoid these bull**** waifu designs will be to play MK.
    Or just live in the wrong/right area.

Lucky Chloe is region locked.

I just don't even ****ing know anymore.: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sj1aq3
    Calm down and Don't worry. That character are East Asia and Europe "Exclusive".
    and I'll say again. We've more new characters on TK7. She is JUST one of them.
    and She will be country exclusive (or region exclusive) character. We don't include her for your region. That's why I said Calm down and Don't worry.
    RT@Ulect Please add a option to delete any character you do not want to play against in Arcade battle like Lucky Chloe please!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's going on in their heads? Is that some kind of mad reverse psychology?

I gotta say, I have never seen as much backlash against a character announcement as Lucky Chloe, even before this region nonsense.

What's going on in their heads? Is that some kind of mad reverse psychology?

I hope they're saving the best for last. If they're adding that many new characters then a good bunch of the originals must surely be on the way out. They'll just save the core characters and the fan favs like Lili.

Sairus wrote: »
    I gotta say, I have never seen as much backlash against a character announcement as Lucky Chloe, even before this region nonsense.
    It's weird because, as vocal as the backlash is, I can still see an idol-type character working for an American audience over a European one.
    However, it is quite clear the current core audience dislike this design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Calm down and Don't worry. That character are East Asia and Europe "Exclusive".
    and I'll say again. We've more new characters on TK7. She is JUST one of them.
    and She will be country exclusive (or region exclusive) character. We don't include her for your region. That's why I said Calm down and Don't worry.
    RT@Ulect Please add a option to delete any character you do not want to play against in Arcade battle like Lucky Chloe please!!!!

Wow, what the hell are they thinking?

**** like this makes me wish I'd never invested myself in gaming.

What the hell is wrong with this industry?

Region exclusive characters? Surely I don't even need to begin a rant on how absolutely bat**** insane that is?

Nope, tournament issues comes to mind first.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

My only answer to all of this is.

ITS JAPAN

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4d63E6IAAARLeb.png:large Harada telling the west to deal with it.

Lucky Chloe isn't going to be region-exclusive. That's just Harada trolling the internet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4d63E6IAAARLeb.png:large Harada telling the west to deal with it.

Lucky Chloe isn't going to be region-exclusive. That's just Harada trolling the internet.

It's funny, because that cliché, parody tough guy is still a better character design than Lucky Chloe

It's funny, because that cliché, parody tough guy is still a better character design than Lucky Chloe

Looks like a reject from Deus Ex.

• Advertisement

Well the name Chloe kind of suggests she's not from Asia anyway. Also the blonde hair lol...

So... I don't know.... could be anything really.

Looks like a reject from Deus Ex.

lol yeah, still better than Chloe though

I was listening to ATP Live this morning and they had Mr Naps talking about his experience playing the T7 prototype in Japan. Here's a few quotes from him in relation to the mechanics.

- Rage Arts are quite situational. You often will absorb hit(s) in the startup that will K.O the character that is using it. You may not even get to access rage as there are a number of moves and launchers that do enough damage to finish you before getting to use it.
    - Combos while different with the Kirimori system have the same gravity of floating as in T6 and T7. Wall enders that you do from a wall splat are almost exactly the same. (eg. for Lars db+2,1 f+1+4)
    - (Listen up Fergus) Power Crush is more situational than you'd might expect. As I guessed the crush definitely does not start on the first frame (as with most crushing moves). In a match between himself and Nobi, Bryan's ff+2 absorbed Lars' df+1 but was halted by Lars following up with a sit jab (apparently power crushes don't absorb s-mids). So if Lars had time to do a sit jab he could have still ducked Bryan and launched him even with that df+1 being absorbed. In the case of mid Power Crush moves you'll probably have time to block as well. Bear in mind as well ff+2 with Bryan is currently the fastest power crush in the game.
    - T7's block frames are definitely taken from TR. Bryan's db+1+2 (his red invincible from TR) is still -16 on block and Drag's ff+2 is actually safe on block. No doubt this'll be changed later on.

New character, Shaheen from Saudi Arabia

8PHH1

It's kind of funny, Saudi Arabia is probably the country in the Middle East with least interest in Tekken. Also those clothes aren't really at all accurate of what people wear here, still looks like Etzio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not as cool looking as Lucky Chloe

His high-res art doesn't look quite finished yet, so maybe there's more to come from this design. Namco also made a good desicion to give him a thicker beard (compared to the initial char art where he was a bit baby faced).

I think after the first 3 chars revealed, some players like me who tend to play macho male chars just wanted a no-nonsense martial artist to be a new char for T7. And it looks like Shaheen fits the bill.

I like him, the headgear makes the overall design a bit too stereotypical but he's the best char revealed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's kind of funny, Saudi Arabia is probably the country in the Middle East with least interest in Tekken. Also those clothes aren't really at all accurate of what people wear here, still looks like Etzio.

None of the other Tekken characters dress accurately to what the average citizen of their nationality wears either. Is every French girl a gothic lolita, or every Russian a military assassin?

I also don't see Etzio in this guy what so ever.

Cool looking character, hope he is fun to play.

Is every French girl a gothic lolita, or every Russian a military assassin?

No, but everyone knows Lili is a pretty poor design anyway. Also your comment to Dragonov is in regards to his background, not his clothes. If you were in the military you probably would wear something along the lines of drag's costume.

I guess I shouldn't talk about this until I see his fighting style though. He does seem like he might be meant to replace Miguel doesn't he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement