Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Lol Josie's winpose.

She has quite a few of Bruce's moves. Interesting

Jin's CD4 giving a s! combo and DJin's 1st hit of HS giving a combo?

Namco why? ;-:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Those buffs are clear signs that Namco are intending to have Mishimas be top tier in T7. And to be fair they should be as they take a lot of work to get good with. Jin is getting more due to him being inferior on paper to the other 3 Mishimas in TTT2.

Yo Maz, you gonna try out Josie with them Bruce moves she has? Wonder if she has b+2...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Once you go Black+2, there's no going back+2.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Jozie had a sway-type thing also, which looks interesting.
    She moves like Kunimitzu too.

Jin looks really strong. His powercrush is a little weird though; not quite as good as others in the game. I suppose that's the trade-off for having the parry.
    His HS and EWGF doing a full juggle will make him really good I think.
    I suspect they'll nerf his mids. Tekken in general are good at balancing so I'm not gonna be freaking out. I'm sure they'll get it right.

Guess I was wrong about the Jin->DVJ transformation hunch.

DVJ also looks really good. I like the new animations on his FLY 3 (stolen from Angel)
    Looks like his f,f+3,2 got a 'new' exstension, his u/b+2. Either that or he cancelled into it. Poor quality video, can't see.
    I really like the lighting on his unblockable.
    Interesting looking new string which he uses as the ender to the HS combo.
    His super looks CRAZY! :O

• Advertisement

Better quality trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Jin parry to rage art seems like it could be a powerful tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Macal wrote: »

Shin Kuma?

so Devil Jin has been released in the arcades today; here are some changes that have been found so far.

Power Crush: d+1. Rage Art: b+1+2.

New moves: a reanimated b+2,3 (his main spin move, high-mid), has Angel's f+3+4 as a different notation

Spin moves: ff+4, ws+2, b+2,3, FLY 2, ub+2, ff+3,1,2? (3rd hit has the same animation as his ub+2)

Buffs: cd+4 is now an NH launcher. However cc 1+4 only picks up on clean hit.
    b+4 gives a true wall-splat. The CH launch also leaves the opponent FUFT in the juggle state now.

Nerfs: ws+2 gives an immediate spin on hit, less juggle damage potential then before.
    db+2 has reduced plus frames on hit and is now -13 on block

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

db+2 has reduced plus frames on hit and is now -13 on block

Gay

If it still tracks to his weak side and high crushes, it's still really good.

I hope that's a self-aware joke on how spoiled Devil Jin players are, Ramza. db+2 was too good in TTT2.

I hope that's a self-aware joke on how spoiled Devil Jin players are, Ramza. db+2 was too good in TTT2.

Yeah, I was kidding. Good nerf, db+2 was way too good. I don't think it will hurt him that much though, DJ by design will always be super strong.

Are all generic ws4 moves i13? If so that's a good nerf. Also good for Kazuya because IIRC ws12 is i13?

All ws4s are i11. Some characters have faster ws punishers at i10 such as Lee (ws33) and Lei (ws3)

Kazuya's ws1,2 is i13 yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Marduks WS 4 is like 13f? He has WS1 instead for 11f punish. I did not know Lei's WS 3 was so quick, cheers for that.

Also, I absolutely agree with Ramza that DVJ by design will always be best over-all, and easily most tournament viable, Mishima.

Isn't db2 -12? I haven't played Tekken in a while so excuse some ignorance on my part but what significance is the nerf of DB2 being -13 over -12 as it is now? Most i11 ws4s can get it now anyway? Or is it just to help some characters in matchups that have i13 moves as their fastest ones?

Also can DJ full juggle off of HS4 now all the time or is there a certain pre-requisite or specific scenario for the followup combo to work? If not then that's a huge buff, jesus. Remember Tekken 6.0 anyone?

@Stephen, sorry meant all generic ws4s are i11.

@Ramza, some characters gets significantly better ws punishers from i12 to i13 (my chars don't tho ;-; ) and I think you have to CC 1+4 from the HS on clean hit.

So apparently DJin's df1,2 is +10 on hit thus giving him a free 112

Nice....

Fergus_ wrote: »
    So apparently DJin's df1,2 is +10 on hit thus giving him a free 112

Nice....

Well thank **** df+1,2 is NCC, or that'd be 70 DMG off a i13 punish. That has to be a mistake from the Namco dev team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

When is t7 coming out ? or is there even a release date set?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Are all generic ws4 moves i13? If so that's a good nerf. Also good for Kazuya because IIRC ws12 is i13?

Good a time as any to ask.

Tekken notation is confusing.

Explanations of everything please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good a time as any to ask.

Tekken notation is confusing.

Explanations of everything please?

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php

Basically:

12 = LP,RP
    34 = LK,RK

iWS = instant While-Standing (going from crouch into a WS move)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So an i13 punish is a just frame reversal timing punish then?

So an i13 punish is a just frame reversal timing punish then?

Yeah, the "i" before any move just means startup in tekken language. So yeah Kazuya's ws12 is an i13 launcher that goes into a full combo, which means in T7 it will be a just frame reversal timed ws12. Although afaik reversal timed normals aren't nearly as hard as just frame specials in tekken, so the punish in question isn't actually hard

Basically saying i10 is just the same as saying 10f startup.

Punishing a (eg) -12 move with a i12 punisher isn't that hard actually if the punisher is like 2,3 or something.

But if you have to punish something with an EWGF or AK's Dark Upper or a move with a ff motion, then it's pretty hard (eg Julia's ff3 can be made i14 if you do it at fastest execution, so punishing -14 moves with it is pretty difficult and requires a lot of practice and muscle memory)

WS = while standing. It's just basically a set of moves you can do while you transition from crouching to standing. WS punishment is usually used to block punish lows or if you have ducked a high in a string.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Was playing this the other day.

Just as bad as all the other Tekkens. *mic drops*

(Though both players being able to pick the same side of the screen is super neat)

Say hello to Bruce Ir- I mean... Jozie Rizal. She's out in Japanese arcades today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Say hello to Bruce Ir- I mean... Jozie Rizal. She's out in Japanese arcades today.

SMH

Advertisement