Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 10/03/12 - RTE 1 @ 9:55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think it is wholly inappropriate that they announce the quiz winner after such a sensitive interview.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Unfortunately for Gearoid,the Aussie wasnt going to wait to be hit before deciding what to do.

Hence why his self defence claim doesn't really wash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was the defendent worried that any apology may be used (possibly in a future appeal) as a proof of guilt... ? Like the way that if you have a car accident you are told not to admit guilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

She says she accepts the acquital but she hasn't really. What she is doing on a second rate tv show is beyond me. It's totally inappropriate and will not help her in the long run and she wil regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Xivilai wrote: »
    Watched the video, the attacker is a cowardly s.o.b. He went straight for him... If I thought someone was going to be hostile i'd avoid them and brace myself for any danger - not launch my self at them savagely.

:eek: and die fck em or get ****ed

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think it is wholly inappropriate that they announce the quiz winner after such a sensitive interview.

Well yes it is I suppose but they always announce the quiz winner at the end. What is more inappropriate? The quiz winner or that interview for a show like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

hondasam wrote: »
    I understand this but she did not give a good impression of her son imo.

son was pissed and got in a fight , ended up v bad , thats life , life is very tuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

MrsD007 wrote: »

I don't think it was a sensitive interview because the mother is so strong, she comes across as a bit cold. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Pretty desperate show this evening...like the add for The Savage Eye prog next week...ah....Da Da Da....now that was music...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Right what are yis watching now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That annoying squeaky british comedienne(sic)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

She says she accepts the acquital but she hasn't really. What she is doing on a second rate tv show is beyond me. It's totally inappropriate and will not help her in the long run and she wil regret it.

lots of young irish lads heading to Oz now, hopefully it'll make them a bit more aware of how easily things can go wrong.

Aoife9 wrote: »

Dont Feed The Bride is repeated in a few minutes on RTE TWO .. :pac: And I'm getting drunker, so I may not realise that I've already seen it by the time it comes around.. Johnny logan singing "hold me now" on TWO as well..

cofy wrote: »
    Yes dignity, she can speak so clearly and as been mentioned already by others, so honestly. You might see her as being a bit cold, I see her as being realistic a hard thing to be in a situation like hers.

No. Dignity is not appearing on a chat show,that will show CCTV footage of the incident that killed your son.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,644 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Weekend At Bernie's 2

Actual tagline: Bernie's back...and he's still dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think this story would have been better served on something like Pat Kenny's radio show than on The Saturday Night Show. It doesn't seem like the appropriate place to discuss it.

BBC 4 TOTP ...1977:cool:

Weekend At Bernie's 2

Actual tagline: Bernie's back...and he's still dead!

The first one was class....can't remember that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

No. Dignity is not appearing on a chat show,that will show CCTV footage of the incident that killed your son.

Does it not show you how easily life can be taken away?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Actually,

dignity - the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect; "showed his true dignity when under pressure"

Seems about right to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Craig Doyle now urgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

lots of young irish lads heading to Oz now, hopefully it'll make them a bit more aware of how easily things can go wrong.
    when drink is in,sense is out,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Cicero wrote: »
    BBC 4 TOTP ...1977:cool:

Yep the OH has finally settled on that!

Yep the OH has finally settled on that!

Been watching a lot of these...some great music programmes on at this time on BBC 4 at weekends over the last few months...

I've watched the punch a few times.. (he threw a second punch that didnt connect so there was really only one significant blow)... The guy was small, and of thin build... If you look at two BIG guys hitting each other, in a bare knuckle fight ... THIS IS VERY GRAPHIC btw ...

They beat lumps out of each other and are both fine now.. same with cage fighters, and travellers bare knuckle fights (like those featured in the documentary on RTE a few weeks ago)..

This would lead me to think that Gearóid was just very unlucky that he got hit in a part of his body where he had a weakness, possibly exacerbated by the weekend's drinking..

His mother is very admirable though..

cofy wrote: »
    Does it not show you how easily life can be taken away?

No it doesn't show me that and I know it already. we all know that already.Fights and deaths like these happen ALL the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Senna sky302

Actually,

Quote:

dignity - the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect; "showed his true dignity when under pressure"

Seems about right to me

What seems right? She had absolutely no reason to go on that show and going on a light entertainment show to talk about your sons premature death when he was drunk and saying you expected he might wind up that way does not speak dignity to me.
    In fact the woman was misguided in doing so and may still be traumatised. Going on that show was not a good idea and it was not dignified. Just because she didn't burst into tears or rant and rave does not bestow her with dignity.
    I know what dignity is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

No it doesn't and I know that already. weall know that already.Fights and deaths like these happen ALL the time.

I do know that deaths like these happen all the time, but most of the time people go into themselves, I just think that it is very brave of this woman to speak openly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Senna sky302
    I've seen it before, it is a great film! I remember the battles on and off the track between Senna and Prost. Today's F1 is very dull by comparison.

Ayrton Senna (RIP)

Advertisement