Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I have GTA V waiting for me at home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Midkemia wrote: »
    I have GTA V waiting for me at home :D

I can't wait till I can go home and play Skyrim/Assassins Creed all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Home for Christmas in two weeks!
    As much as I like locking myself out of my apartment and smashing my finger open with cans, there's nothing like the home comforts of... not doing that.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I got the Christmas tree in the library before I left! So happy!:D

My mum got Netflix so now that I've finished all my exams I spent the entire evening bing watching David Attenborough's Africa and Human Planet:D We don't have Sky so we don't have a documentary channel so I forgot just how much I missed these shows! Black and white movies tomorrow!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My mum got Netflix so now that I've finished all my exams I spent the entire evening bing watching David Attenborough's Africa and Human Planet:D We don't have Sky so we don't have a documentary channel so I forgot just how much I missed these shows! Black and white movies tomorrow!:D

The documentary channels on Sky don't show documentaries any more.

Unless you count "Ice Road Truckers", "Ancient Aliens", "Storage Wars" and "Pawn Stars" as documentaries.

My brother showed me this song yesterday. Surprised I'd never heard it! Best worst Christmas song ever! :D Love it. Deck Da Club with piles of money!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I love when the lights go out for a few seconds in the library. It's really nice on the eyes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Exams all done, Mum decided she was going to come down for me so that means no hours on the bus and it saves me money, and because of it, I've also 2 extra days to do a lit review! Polocrosse lesson tomorrow, DIE on Thursday hopefully, and the best of all... Sleep!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

FINISHEEED YAAAAAAAA :D:D

Is it too early to start drinking? :P

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Is it too early to start drinking? :P

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand...

In light of the fact that I can't really celebrate exams being over because I still have a crap tonne to do, I thought I'd dole out some praise.

I rarely praise the admin side of the college, but can I just say that the decision to move those who need to type their exams in to the Fishtank as opposed to using outdated laptops in various other rooms was a fantastic improvement to the exam process. And the fact that our scripts are now being printed and included with our answer books/rough work instead of being saved to USB is f*cking fantastic (and I say that as someone who was almost screwed over by the old process last year when I was given a C3 instead of an A2 for module because the USB was never delivered to the lecturer).

Finished and handed in CoOp Report!
    And now I'm in Venice for erasmus!

I do have to get FYP Proposal typed and sent though but we'll focus on the first two.. :)

I'm in a good mood today.
    I have no real reason to be, besides being where I am.
    I got very little sleep, skipped breakfast because I slept in, and had to get up at 7, which is 6 Ireland time (not that that matters at all.. :P)
    I'm midway through a boring lecture after missing all of last week to an illness.
    My tongue burns, I think from the espresso sweets I took to wake me up this morning. It looks misty outside and I've a lot of work to do over next couple of weeks, but now, at 9.40 UTC +1.00, I'm feeling pretty good.
    Long may it continue.
    Something will happen though that will send me back to the infinitely more popular bitch thread but for now.. jovial mood. :)

Yay! Finally have some idea as to what I'm trying to do :D

Also, I got to speak to Dav. The Dav! On the phone, in real life. :P (I'm the newest AMA thingy)

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    Yay! Finally have some idea as to what I'm trying to do :D

Also, I got to speak to Dav. The Dav! On the phone, in real life. :P (I'm the newest AMA thingy)

And I thought I was sh*t hot when we had a conversation through PM. :o :pac:

Hope everyone enjoys their Easter break!! :D

Hope everyone enjoys their Easter break!! :D

My Easter break lasted 2 days :S
    I'm paraphrasing here from a football film, can't quite remember the name I think it's called Green Street when I say;
    'F**kin' Iti's!'
    That being said I missed quite a bit of college this week through an illness that I believe is called boneidolitis so it's kinda like a holiday.. hope I'm better by next week :P

My Easter break lasted 2 days :S
    I'm paraphrasing here from a football film, can't quite remember the name I think it's called Green Street when I say;
    'F**kin' Iti's!'
    That being said I missed quite a bit of college this week through an illness that I believe is called boneidolitis so it's kinda like a holiday.. hope I'm better by next week :P

You mean you have this!? :eek::pac:

Anybody been through borrisokane? It an awful weird town :P

• Advertisement

Midkemia wrote: »
    Anybody been through borrisokane? It an awful weird town :P

An awful strange observation for this thread :P But yep, been through it manys the time. I used to go through it the whole time on the bus.

iLaura wrote: »
    An awful strange observation for this thread :P But yep, been through it manys the time. I used to go through it the whole time on the bus.

I literally went through it right there on the bus and needed to tell people :P It looks really old fashioned!

Forgot about this thread :P I'm finally feeling sort of on top of things for the exams :D Still a LOAD to do but should be able to get it done in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Got a couple of massive (half the marks for the module) grades back already... Happy with them (woop!) but simultaneously a tad anxious now because I need to do better really.

Completely unrelated, but loving how so many people also get ice cream whenever the sun appears. :D

We were playing music in the courtyard earlier and got offered a pretty awesome prize to give away because of it. Actually makes hauling all that gear out on my own somewhat worth it. :pac:

I don't know their names but the two people who work in the print room that I've ever encountered seem so friendly and I think their friendliness and niceness should be recognized. The people who work in the library cafe are so friendly aswell! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Last ever presentation done and dusted! Now just to finish five assignments before next week!

Woo presentation is done and dusted!

Woo presentation is done and dusted!

Whoo, go you! :D I actually saw a sign pointing towards where they were going on and the first thing I thought of was 'sup_dude is doing that!'

Whoo, go you! :D I actually saw a sign pointing towards where they were going on and the first thing I thought of was 'sup_dude is doing that!'

Yeah we seen them after lunch. Having a well earned bottle of lucozade in Stables now :P

• Advertisement

Yeah we seen them after lunch. Having a well earned bottle of lucozade in Stables now :P

Go wild! :P I hope it went well for you anyways :D

Go wild! :P I hope it went well for you anyways :D

Thanks :D it did! Didn't win anything but got a new pair of socks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

The ladies in the library cafe are such friendly people. Such a contrast to the Stables.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    The ladies in the library cafe are such friendly people. Such a contrast to the Stables.

I've never been in the stables but I agree that the people who work in the library cafe are so incredibly nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Plus their food is the nicest on campus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Plus their food is the nicest on campus

What kind of food do they do?

Ciano35 wrote: »
    What kind of food do they do?

Full Irish, Porridge and Toast for breakfast. Soup, chicken rolls, sandwiches and curry chip for lunch. Lasagne, chips, curry, pasta, garlic spuds, rice for dinner.

That's what they offer that I know of but could have more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Full Irish, Porridge and Toast for breakfast. Soup, chicken rolls, sandwiches and curry chip for lunch. Lasagne, chips, curry, pasta, garlic spuds, rice for dinner.

That's class, I had no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ricimaki

What time do they serve dinner at? This morning was my first time in there, and the soup is so nice.

• Advertisement

ricimaki wrote: »
    What time do they serve dinner at? This morning was my first time in there, and the soup is so nice.

After 1 or 2 normally.

I'm so happy with how that exam went :D I felt like I was so unprepared but I knew loads of the questions that came up :D I know I passed because I answered a lot that I know was 100% right but still worried I didn't haha.

Exam went well I think and I've cleaned my room and it actually looks ok now and I've two more days until my next exam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

First choice FYP! :D

WHOOOO! Finally have a school for placement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Daniel S wrote: »
    First choice FYP! :D

Savour this happiness. It's the only time you'll be happy about your FYP :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Savour this happiness. It's the only time you'll be happy about your FYP :pac:

That's not totally true. There's a brief moment of happiness between when you hand it up and realise that it still has to be graded :D

chrislad wrote: »
    That's not totally true. There's a brief moment of happiness between when you hand it up and realise that it still has to be graded :D

Oh yeah, that brief moment when you hand it in, just before the exhaustion hits you like a train :D

Last exam finito!!! I'm finished fourth year and college!! That's a weird feeling... I don't drink but I plan on getting rather intoxicated Stables this evening along with the rest of my class if anyone is about to join in!

I'm almost counting down the minutes to being finished my post grad so... if anyone is around on Saturday :pac:

I may have just found a house to live in.

Huzzah!

Caveat: Not certain yet, I think I need to find others to take rooms to guarantee it, but maybe if I work my charm on the landlord... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement