Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Cossax wrote: »
    524151_10150712206959267_663054266_9244235_1410828381_n.jpg

Taken this evening. I think people sometimes forget how awesome the campus/riverbank is.

I miss having a camera :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Cossax wrote: »
    Taken this evening. I think people sometimes forget how awesome the campus/riverbank is.

Wow, nice photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

It'll make a fine screensaver/background :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

293083_10150712211744267_663054266_9244239_2050593209_n.jpg

Only a few minutes earlier from closer to the Clare side of the University Bridge.

Tis only from a camera phone, I'd say it'd take a proper camera to do it justice, was awesome!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Project deadline extended by 20 hours!

WOOOOOOOT!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

There's a cow roaming around Thomond village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Bingo.

Living in England during the Foot and Mouth crisis.

Same!:( Annoys me so much because I would love to give blood! I wonder is there anyway to get tested for it to find out if you have it or not?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Got 9/15% for my Artificial Intelligence project. Delighted considering my code didn't run properly. :)

And 27/30% for my Systems Analysis project? :)

It's been a good two days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Last ever Saturday in the UL library :D:D:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Is having a lovely day, hair is now streaked with red, got shopping done, some of the house cleaned and it's only 10 past 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

3 out of 5 exams so far. All so far were unexpectedly easy too. :D
    1 more easy one, and one god awful one aswell, telecommunications theory :(
    The lecturer wouldn't even give us a sample paper (new module)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

[Rasta] wrote: »
    3 out of 5 exams so far. All so far were unexpectedly easy too. :D
    1 more easy one, and one god awful one aswell, telecommunications theory :(
    The lecturer wouldn't even give us a sample paper (new module)

That's not allowed, go talk to your class rep/Aoife Kenny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

cambridge wrote: »

not sure what this has to do with the happy days ul thread but it looks good , Since ul has'nt been in exstance for 50 years let alone 500 years like Cambridge it is like comparing a 40 year old professional with a graduate .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Now the students are mostly gone, UL is ridiculously quiet for a little bit and a walk around campus is even more relaxed than normal, you'd never guess you were so close to the city - some awesome sunsets recently too.

Anyone still hanging around the place should take the opportunity for a stroll around the place, across the Living Bridge and then back across University Bridge in time for the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Jester252 wrote: »

Not surprising, have met so many International students this year and they bloody love the place. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

International students love the place because it's essentially a cosy holiday for them with Ber the travel rep. They don't need to do any work and they have these handsome irish men trying to ride them every friday night. TBH Ber the king should be getting money from their fees because he does a great job on friday nights whipping them into a frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

International students love the place because it's essentially a cosy holiday for them with Ber the travel rep. They don't need to do any work and they have these handsome irish men trying to ride them every friday night. TBH Ber the king should be getting money from their fees because he does a great job on friday nights whipping them into a frenzy.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Très cynique...

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Très cynique...

stop stealing my thing:mad::mad::pac: :P

freyners wrote: »
    stop stealing my thing:mad::mad::pac: :P

I didn't! I used French. :P :P

(I'll edit out the rolleyes if you want? :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

(Sorry lads, had to be done)

final three weeks of co-op
    back to drinking 40c bottles of beer and lodging in a month
    plus super troll is banned again
    on a week off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Back to Limerick after a year away (co-op and Erasmus). Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

Also only have 3 weeks of co-op left, jesus I just can't wait for week 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

A third of our year failed Engineering Mechanics 1 (our fault, not his), our lecturer gave us a tutorial just after we were back to find out where we went wrong. He then (by himself) organised a repeat tutorial for all of us doing repeats yesterday. Six of us showed up. Still, he gaves us a two hour lecture/tutorial which has given me a lot of confidence about doing the repeat exam...

While on crutches.

We really do have some fantastic lecturers in the college.

Daniel S wrote: »
    A third of our year failed Engineering Mechanics 1 (our fault, not his), our lecturer gave us a tutorial just after we were back to find out where we went wrong. He then (by himself) organised a repeat tutorial for all of us doing repeats yesterday. Six of us showed up. Still, he gaves us a two hour lecture/tutorial which has given me a lot of confidence about doing the repeat exam...

While on crutches.

We really do have some fantastic lecturers in the college.

thats dedication, whos the lecturer?

Getting paid tomorrow for my last month of co-op, should be useful for orientation week!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

freyners wrote: »
    thats dedication, whos the lecturer?

Getting paid tomorrow for my last month of co-op, should be useful for orientation week!!!:D
    Dr. David Newport, I suppose it's not an issue posting as everyone in the year loves him! :D We're the worst engineering year ever, so it's not his fault a third of the year failed. Two thirds failed more than one subject... :( Still, one of, if not the best lecturer I've had to date! :)

Advertisement