Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College Football Penn St/UCF Game confirmed 2014 in Croker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

2smiggy wrote: »
    some half price tickets, deal till tomorrow, link for the original thread on bargain alerts link

Damn, I missed this, would have definitely snapped up my tickets using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Not sure if ill be around for this but I am finding it quite funny when most of the ads that ive seen have been calling UCF one of the biggest names in college football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Not sure if ill be around for this but I am finding it quite funny when most of the ads that ive seen have been calling UCF one of the biggest names in college football!

Got to love marketing folk :) Will say though working in the industry I can see why they would try push one of the teams as one of the biggest teams in College football. Play on the weak minded and the uneducated when it comes to football and college ball. Whatever sells tickets I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

frostie500 wrote: »

I also work in marketing and specifically events. Its standard enough practice to big up something to give your event a premium feel to it but I get where you are coming from.

At this stage its not the hardcore AF fans they need to convince its the average joe soaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Game being advertised as being shown on ESPN Player so it looks like it won't be shown on ESPN/BT like the Notre Dame Navy game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - UCF fans are anxiously counting down the days for the trip to Baile Átha Cliath, and there will be plenty to do in the city of Dublin to get ready for the Croke Park Classic against Penn State.

All of the following events require no RSVP and are open to the public.

UCF Fan Events in Dublin
    Thursday-Sunday, Aug. 28-31
    Croke Park Classic Fan Zone
    -Each day there will be a fan zone in place providing travelling fans and locals an area to mix and mingle and get behind their chosen teams.

Friday, Aug. 29
    UCF Pep Rally
    http://www.meetinghousesquare.ie/about/gallery
    -Starts at 4 p.m.
    -Appearances by UCF spirit squad, Knightro and Head Coach George O'Leary

Saturday, Aug. 30
    Pregame Tailgate Party
    (Please note, there will not be designated tailgating areas around Croke Park)
    -UCF Location within Temple Bar: The Old Storehouse
    http://www.theoldstorehouse.ie/home.html
    -Starts at 10 a.m. IST
    -Temple Bar will celebrate the Croke Park Classic with UCF and Penn State fans all throughout the streets of Temple Bar. The Old Storehouse will serve as the UCF location for fans to gather before the game. Enjoy live music, drink specials and giveaways.

Getting to the stadium from the Pregame Tailgate Party
    -Dublin Bus will offer a complimentary shuttle service from the Temple Bar district to Croke Park to allow fans to enjoy both the tailgate and the game.
    -Pick-up will be just steps away from The Old Storehouse, UCF's official tailgate headquarters.
    -Walking to the stadium from The Old Storehouse is also practical and encouraged. The walk takes approximately 30 minutes and will pass by many of Dublin's attractions.

Kickoff
    -Gametime set for 1:30 p.m. IST

Tickets for the game are on sale at http://crokepark.ie/

2014 Football Season Tickets: The March to Victory starts with UCF fans. Order season tickets, starting at $99, today online or call 407-UCF-1000. And to learn about the Croke Park Classic check out UCF.CrokeParkClassic.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Good stuff. Is there a similar itinerary for Penn State's fans?
    OU812 wrote: »
    ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - UCF fans are anxiously counting down the days for the trip to Baile Átha Cliath, and there will be plenty to do in the city of Dublin to get ready for the Croke Park Classic against Penn State.

UCF Fan Events in Dublin
    -Each day there will be a fan zone in place providing travelling fans and locals an area to mix and mingle and get behind their chosen teams.

Friday, Aug. 29
    UCF Pep Rally
    -Starts at 4 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 30
    Pregame Tailgate Party
    -Starts at 10 a.m. IST
    -Temple Bar will celebrate the Croke Park Classic with UCF and Penn State fans all throughout the streets of Temple Bar. The Old Storehouse will serve as the UCF location for fans to gather before the game. Enjoy live music, drink specials and giveaways.

-Dublin Bus will offer a complimentary shuttle service from the Temple Bar district to Croke Park to allow fans to enjoy both the tailgate and the game.
    -Pick-up will be just steps away from The Old Storehouse, UCF's official tailgate headquarters.
    -Walking to the stadium from The Old Storehouse is also practical and encouraged. The walk takes approximately 30 minutes and will pass by many of Dublin's attractions.

Kickoff

2014 Football Season Tickets: The March to Victory starts with UCF fans. Order season tickets, starting at $99, today online or call 407-UCF-1000. And to learn about the Croke Park Classic check out UCF.CrokeParkClassic.com.

Good stuff. Is there a similar itinerary for Penn State's fans?
    OU812 wrote: »

UCF Fan Events in Dublin

Friday, Aug. 29
    UCF Pep Rally
    -Starts at 4 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 30
    Pregame Tailgate Party
    -Starts at 10 a.m. IST

Kickoff

Going by latest reports (back in mid-June), there was approx 38,000 tickets sold. The capacity is being capped at 70,000. Now you'd imagine that the die hards already have their tickets got, so shifting another 30,000 to casual goers is going to be a hell of a job. Looks like there's going to be a lot of empty seats unfortunately, and that could go against us getting games in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It does seem that Croker was a poor choice of venue, Aviva would certainly be a better size I wonder is there any chance of them closing the hill and sending those people in to the seats. I have hill tickets with some mates and to be honest if its a poor day weather wise good chance we won't even bother going, tickets were cheap enough that we wouldn't be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

salmocab wrote: »
    It does seem that Croker was a poor choice of venue, Aviva would certainly be a better size I wonder is there any chance of them closing the hill and sending those people in to the seats. I have hill tickets with some mates and to be honest if its a poor day weather wise good chance we won't even bother going, tickets were cheap enough that we wouldn't be bothered.

Flip side of that is think of the people who have paid hand over fist for hogan / cusack tickets as they want to be covered / comfortable.

The ticketing seems to be a bit of a sham

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Oh dear, we got seats in the Davin stand, but we are completely ignorant on NFL

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Oh dear, we got seats in the Davin stand, but we are completely ignorant on NFL

Clearly, its not an NFL game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I got my tickets there at the weekend. Got lower tier around the 10 yard line, 80 was extortionate for 50 yard line tickets to be honest.

I hope they get what they deserve - a crowd that could have fit in the Aviva. In order to get a crowd worthy of staging this in Croker, they needed to price the tickets more reasonably. €50 for 50 yard line should have been the max. By "reasonable" I mean more appealling to the floating punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Bateman wrote: »
    I got my tickets there at the weekend. Got lower tier around the 10 yard line, 80 was extortionate for 50 yard line tickets to be honest.

I hope they get what they deserve - a crowd that could have fit in the Aviva. In order to get a crowd worthy of staging this in Croker, they needed to price the tickets more reasonably. €50 for 50 yard line should have been the max. By "reasonable" I mean more appealling to the floating punter.

Probably more appropriate to last year's game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just got a call from ticketmaster, apparently ESPN are covering this game and have decided they want my tickets. I've been offered tickets elsewhere in the ground but I don't feel they are as good.

Feel a bit shafted by the whole thing.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just got a call from ticketmaster, apparently ESPN are covering this game and have decided they want my tickets. I've been offered tickets elsewhere in the ground but I don't feel they are as good.

Can they do that? Surely they should offer you a seat at least as good or offer some sort of compensation. I'd be pissed off too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ooooh adrian see what stuff we can get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I don't understand. So ESPN want the tickets and therefore they're getting them? You already paid for them, surely you can just say no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sent ye both a PM there. I could try just saying no I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

joe@rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

i guess they could force it pretty easily by refusing admission very ****ty on there part though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I have 2 good tickets spare if you guys need..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i would start an epic social media campaign if that happened..

We have the tickets, if they want to shift us they need to pony up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tell them you could do but would need to be compensated as you feel the tickets offered elsewhere aren't as good and you had promised your friends going with you those specific seats and they aren't happy.

They should sort you out with something at least.

If their compensatory offer is no good then say you will ask/asked your friends and they're not willing to move.

Yeah, all good points, I am sure though they have this scenario covered pretty well in their terms and conditions, sneaky fuk**ers that they are.

Yeah, all good points, I am sure though they have this scenario covered pretty well in their terms and conditions, sneaky fuk**ers that they are.

No harm in pushing it though. See what you can get.

Fcuk em. Play hardball and ask for corporate box tickets and free meal and bar or you aren't moving!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'd be asking for better tickets & some merchandise or like above, the corporate hospitality thing (which is going to cost them nothing)

• Advertisement

Lot of oressure on you to deliver Adrian!!

Advertisement