Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

hi guys,
    I'm applying for this IEC visa, I got all my paperwork, everything looked fine and i sent it off. I've not heard anything back yet, but it's not been long.
    I just want to know, in the download certificate I didn't write my middle name. I know this is a small thing, but has that been a problem for people? I've written my middle name everywhere else in the forms.
    Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hi guys,
    I'm applying for this IEC visa, I got all my paperwork, everything looked fine and i sent it off. I've not heard anything back yet, but it's not been long.
    I just want to know, in the download certificate I didn't write my middle name. I know this is a small thing, but has that been a problem for people? I've written my middle name everywhere else in the forms.
    Thanks,
    i would'nt say they'll be that bad seems a lot of people have done this!when did your application arrive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

hi guys,
    Thanks,

This was a worry for me. I didn't put my middle name on any of the forms even though it's on my passport and bank confirmation letter. Turns out it didn't make a difference so don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Looks like the "Additional form" is the reason I failed.

It really didn't look like it had text fields :(

Well, hopefully the form should be returned back in the post tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

Hi, tenchi-fan & beano345 thanks for that, i'm glad the middle name thing won't matter so much. phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

How long have people been waiting for the return of refused applications?
    I got my refusal email last Tuesday and I'm still waiting for the application to be sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

jk86 wrote: »
    How long have people been waiting for the return of refused applications?
    I got my refusal email last Tuesday and I'm still waiting for the application to be sent back.

Same as me got my refusal email also last tuesday still no sign of it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I had printed it out and filled it in my hand with my tiny writing but thankfully I mentioned this here and I was corrected. The quality of those pages uploaded on to their website for the additional information page is very bad, and really should be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

2 to 3 days... and the additional information. this time do it on the pc. /laptop. there is feilds highlited in baby blue.... about 6 and 9 feilds. otherwise if your writing it out. try to number your feilds if there not clear. MAKE IT CLEAR doh...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Has any one sent the forms off and never heard back?? mine has been sent over 2 weeks ago now, and i never received a email or anything..

Wondering if they actually have it or not by now!! anyone in the same boat?

• Advertisement

C@non wrote: »
    Has any one sent the forms off and never heard back?? mine has been sent over 2 weeks ago now, and i never received a email or anything..

Wondering if they actually have it or not by now!! anyone in the same boat?
    id get in touch with them if i was you! 2 weeks is a bit long! did you not even get a receipt of application e-mail??

No, I didn't get anything at all and it's been 5 days since I emailed the embassy. I'm afraid that if incense it twice they might cancel it or something

C@non wrote: »
    No, I didn't get anything at all and it's been 5 days since I emailed the embassy. I'm afraid that if incense it twice they might cancel it or something
    did you get a tracking number from an post for your application?? if you did you can check on there site to see where it is?maybe even try ringing them! best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

So the Canada IEC work visa programme is completely sold out on USIT and they are no longer accepting people onto the waiting list. Should I give up on my Canadian dream and try applying for Australia instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 triona10

cookies221 wrote: »
    So the Canada IEC work visa programme is completely sold out on USIT and they are no longer accepting people onto the waiting list. Should I give up on my Canadian dream and try applying for Australia instead?

Hi you can apply directly to IEC

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

I'm an idiot...I just noticed another thread about applying directly to IEC. Thanks Triona.

I think as well go4less.ie has them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Hi can someone please help me, I got an email confirmation tellin me I was successful in the first application phase and that my form was forwarded to London and to wait for confirmation from London. Now I just recieved a mail from the Embassey in Paris again sayin my application was refused cos items missing etc.. even tho I got mail to say was accepted?? WHATS GOING ON??? sO FRUSTRATED................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

lillieme wrote: »
    Hi can someone please help me, I got an email confirmation tellin me I was successful in the first application phase and that my form was forwarded to London and to wait for confirmation from London. Now I just recieved a mail from the Embassey in Paris again sayin my application was refused cos items missing etc.. even tho I got mail to say was accepted?? WHATS GOING ON??? sO FRUSTRATED................:mad:

Maybe they did a security check and found out you are a murderer haha only joking, it's a new on here alright kinda strange, oz and nz are so easy for getting a whv canada seem way over the top for god sake it's only a visa for a year not for life.

will they send your application back to you??? ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Yikes, that's a nightmare

this whole process needs to be streamlined, it's a joke as is

lilleme did you have documents missing? and signed in all of eight places in cluding the second 3[page iec application form.. Original police certificate . medical examination i thought that they go through this like send out form for us to get signed. or maby if you have information incorrect thye wil refuse.

oh idk.. idk.. not looking forward to their email.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Hey, my application arrived on Monday and I got rejected on Tuesday. I sent them a scanned version of a new police cert I got in Jan.. I think I should have sent the original now. Did you send the original version?

Jimmmy, did you ever get the file back ? What was the upshot of it all if you do not mind me asking ?

can i ask you.. what you want to work at over there? ... or if you are at college or that. jw would type of job or experience effect it.. and or all the document error checks..

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Jimmmy, did you ever get the file back ? What was the upshot of it all if you do not mind me asking ?

yeah originals are required.. copies not alloud. even doh they didnt mention it anywhere. send a new kit one off to them sure.. you have everything else and original police cert. so you can send it off asap.. alsong with ... all the minor errors, middle names, N/A , signed and dated on all forms plus second iec 3[page. correct information etc.. etc. :)

No im a qualified primary school teacher I have a post grad and undergrad so im well qualified. my application was filled out prop or else wouldn of been sent to London for final Phase im sickened cos dunno what could be

No im a qualified primary school teacher I have a post grad and undergrad so im well qualified. my application was filled out prop or else wouldn of been sent to London for final Phase im sickened cos dunno what could be

hmm... yeah thats strange... did they say you were missing items.. yeah i have yet to folllow up on this phase myself.. not sure what they look for for this part. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

thats a load of bollix m8....i got the 1st phase acceptance on monday and its on route to london for final check...i honestly thought that once u got past 1st u were a cert to get the visa...who's to say that someone in the frenchies office didnt mislay a page or something along those lines....im sicken for ya...hope i dont get that mail:cool:

said I was missing itiems but I dont believe I was as if I was I couldn of got passed phase 1???Said they will dend it out to me in post so guess Ill find out then.. so annoyed. Dunno shoud I get my money back now or what will I do

• Advertisement

Hope you dont get that mail its not nice when your dead set on going.... was so excited!!Let me know if you get word back you have got the second round acceptance.. would it have anythin to do with not having medical cert included?

Advertisement