Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider or have you a tattoo

Options

Comments

I'm getting an 867-5309 tattoo...... when I get some money

Jenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Jenny?

Hell yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

py2006 wrote: »
    Not really, I am fully entitled to have an opinion of my own!

I am a big boy now! ;)

'I think they look awful.' would be an opinion. He said it was a bad statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Yeah i thought it about getting for a good while and knew what i wanted but i've kinda gone getting one at this stage. Give yourself plenty of time to think and make sure your are 100% happy with whatever you decide to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

I have one biggish one on my back so not generally on display. I love it, its there a few years now and I still look at it and think its amazing. Maybe because I dont see it every day so I've never tired of it.

My friends mom was going to get one done to celebrate her divorce and asked my advice. I told her plan it out, draw it out and wait a year. If you still love it, then get it. It will still signify what you want it to signify but you should never get a tattoo on a deadline. As for picking something out in the studio....why???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I know one guy from my teenage years, real 'up the 'RA' armchair republican. He was going on for ages about getting a tattoo of Micheal Collins. The weekend he got it done he was delighted with himself. When I finally ran into him, he, proud as punch, pulls up his t-shirt to show off his newly completed tattoo of Liam Neeson's face plastered on his back. :D

I've one myself, so far. I like it, couldn't give a sh1t what anybody else thinks about it. Not that insecure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Have two fairly big ones on my arms. First I got when I was 16 and into metal so pretty shyte. Second was a cross and now I'm an atheist. Going to get them lasered off and two new big ones in their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

tattoo.png

Can't imagine ever getting one myself. By and large, they tend to look daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

It's only ink, ffs. I got one because I thought it looked cool. I still do but I'm not overly sensitive about it. If someone told me they thought it looked ****e I'd take it in the same way as someone telling me my hairdo was ****e.

Arseholes are always gonna be arseholes.

New tattoo coming soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm in my late 20s, got a tattoo 2 years ago.

At the time, I wanted one, something small, discreet etc.. so I thought about if for nigh on 6 months before deciding what to get, where to place it etc... I put massive effort into the thought process as this was gonna be my one and only jump in the world of being inked....

Now I have three tattoos including a large back piece and the 2 additional ones I love to bits and rank my first as my least favourite.

I also have a design picked for my 4th tattoo but it will probably be a a year or more before I take the plunge...
    they are addictive... no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

I've got 2 (small one on my chest and a fairly big one on my back) and currently planning another one. I started pretty late (about 4 years ago, when I was 36, or so) and I generally don't care what people think about them. In the end it's my body and if anyone doesn't like it, they can look elsewhere.

I don't judge people who don't have any tats so I expect not to be judged for having some. Simples!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dont really want one but wouldnt be against it, would have to be a goooood one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

no not into them. Lad I know has a black square on his arm. Used to be a UDA tattoo but he copped himself on a few years after getting it

I find the only people who they look hot on are people who are exceptionally attractive in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Have one so far, got it last year after waiting 7 years to get it done. Just couldn't get the balls to do it 'til then, and it turned out better than I'd ever imagined.

Next one is due in six months time, and it's a design that my grandmother chose. I don't wanna wait until she's dead to let her know how much she means to me, so I asked her to choose it and it's all booked and good to go :)

Also, can't understand people getting offended at others saying "tattoos are ****e / knackerish / trampy / cheap / etc."
    At the end of the day, they're as entitled to think we look like dickheads as we are to think our tattoos look awesome. Different strokes for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I got one in my late teens and regreted it from a few weeks after.

Got it removed which cost a fortune and was soooooo painfully :eek:

so think long and hard about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Definitely considering it....for better or for worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

I have a quarter sleeve of dotwork on my upper arm. Absolutely love it. Spent around two years thinking about it and looking at designs. Then I went into a studio, sat down with a guy and he drew up a design for me over the course of about two weeks. Took about 6 hours but I don't regret a minute of it.

It's nice and reassuring to look down and see some great art on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I would never ever get a tattoo. I just don't like them nor find them attractive on people. I've loads of mates with them and some of them suit them but no, not for me.
    I couldn't write something on a table in school and think it cool the next day let alone permanantly mark my body with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

When designed well and drawn by a great artist, they can look amazing.

When not planned out correctly or drawn badly, they're an ugly mess that's never going to go away.

Unfortunately a large percentage of tattoos I've seen on people in Ireland fall into the second category.

Obviously other people's tattoos are none of my business and good for them if they're happy with that standard, but it's the reason I've never gotten any myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭keithb93

I really want a tattoo but I know im going to regret it. My dad got a naked woman tattooed on his forearm and spent a fortune getting it covered a few years later. I know another lad who got a marjuana leaf between his shoulder blades:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

keithb93 wrote: »
    I really want a tattoo but I know im going to regret it. My dad got a naked woman tattooed on his forearm and spent a fortune getting it covered a few years later. I know another lad who got a marjuana leaf between his shoulder blades:eek:

Better solution to those would have been to go over them with better tattooa.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I've wanted one for ages but can't decide what. Maybe someday though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Have often thought about getting one - but would have to be a design I really liked and knew I wouldn't get sick of.I'd also be concerned with how it might look when I'm an auldfella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I've thought about it but I haven't gotten one yet.I can be somewhat indecisive about these thing and get bored quite quickly so what I may get tattooed today mightn't be something that I like somewhere down the line.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

If I was a working man, and not still in education (cost is a barrier this way), I'd have gotten one already. I know what I want for my first one, have done so for a few years now. If anyone had a problem with it, then its their problem and not mine.

I'm not concerned with how it'll look when I'm old either, it'll be on my calf anyway.

I have two tattoos and would love to get more - been thinking about getting one for years and finally decided to take the plunge. They are a reminder to myself of what I have and what I can accomplish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I have one tiny one on my ankle and I love it. It doesn't stand out, people Ive known for years haven't spotted it and that's how I like it, I got it for myself.
    I'd love another one, but it'd have to be just as discreet...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

I had one,when my Dad passed away years ago I wanted a small(size does't matter!!) tribute to him,when I wanted to add to it in Edinburgh a few years ago the guy was like....you know that the original tatoo is off center and any work I do will make it more obvious......How v unimpressed was I,extremely,but the original tatoo artist is no longer alive so kicking his arse was no longer an option,so I got a cover up tatoo done in the royal mile on Edinburgh.
    My advice to anyone considering a tatoo,it's on you for life,laser is the girlie way out....I know my Dad is bursting his arse laughing at the original c**k up!!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. Will be getting two eagle wings on my shoulder/arm bit. Will be probably one from the eagle wing from the Luftwaffe, and one eagle wing from the USAF. Unsure which regiment I will pick, though. Will be looking for a fighter wing, as opposed to a bomber wing for obvious reasons.

Have always loved fighter planes, and WW2 movies. I'm in no rush to get it, though.

Advertisement