Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on FOX 12: Lawler vs. Brown

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kingsbury retired.

From his Twitter page.
    In my run it felt like peaks and valleys but in the end I am completely grateful for it all- every beating I delt out & every beating I took

Think he would have been cut anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lovely finish from Bermudez. All over Guida before then. 10-0 for fighters in the blue corner now. :D

Has a bonus in the bag too I'd imagine barring the next 2 fights, Guida won't be in the mix for Conor should he beat Dustin anyway.

Has a bonus in the bag too I'd imagine barring the next 2 fights, Guida won't be in the mix for Conor should he beat Dustin anyway.

I'm amazed that Bermudez wasn't even in the top 10 before this fight to be honest. 7 win streak (2nd only to Aldo).

Wonder where'll he end up in the rankings. Wouldn't surprise me if Guida and himself swapped positions.

nmg_ire wrote: »
    That has to push Bermudez into the top 10 ???

Has to
    Kingsbury retired.

Also the guy who lost first fight which I missed Steven Siler even though event not over he's been cut 4th loss in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Bermudez will move into the top 10 after that result. How far will guida drop? So many guys in there looking for the top fights. Be interesting to see who Bermudez gets next

Bermudez will move into the top 10 after that result. How far will guida drop? So many guys in there looking for the top fights. Be interesting to see who Bermudez gets next

I thought Lamas before fight, I'll stick with that as surely Edgar v Swanson has to happen!!

A fight between himself and Korean zombie would be an interesting encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Kingsbury retired.

From his Twitter page.

Thank heavens

I thought Lamas before fight, I'll stick with that as surely Edgar v Swanson has to happen!!

Sounds good to me. I can see dennis defending the td and lighting lamas up on the feet, a bit like the guida fight

• Advertisement

Is anybody giving little Nog a chance? Just can't see anything but Johnson destroying him tbh.

No 2nd round?

No 2nd round?

Knew it spot on That Guy too absolute destruction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Two fights in a row Johnson has looked like an absolute beast.

Anthony Johnson is a beast. Incredible to think that he used to try and compete at 170.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That accuracy from Rumble is scary. Absolute tank.

• Advertisement

WoW!!! Rumble is a beast. Lhw just got a lot more interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

That was sickening. And after Nog beat Rashad a year ago. Johnson is a beast and Nog was broken.

I know gus is promised the title shot after jbj/dc but id bloody love to see gus throw down with rumble

Anthony Johnson is a beast. Incredible to think that he used to try and compete at 170.

That was ****ing crazy. To think where he would be right now if he didnt waste years wrecking his body from dehydration

• Advertisement

Two vicious fighters. Should be a very interesting contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Hmmmm......

Baldy v Beardy.....

Who do you think will win? I'd say Lawler

I'll go Lawler too but won't be shocked if Brown pulls it outta the bag.

Lawler for me. Think he wants it more than Brown and will want to avenge his loss to Hendricks.

Certainly living up to the hype thus far.

Lawler seems to have the power advantage. Brown looping his punches and ducking

Round 4... What is this sorcery?

.....Round 5

Anyone who bet on a decision could win a tidy sum here. Never saw this one getting this far.

Have Robbie 3 rounds to 1 Matt needs a finish

• Advertisement

Great fight. Lawler 49-46 for me. Fair play to Brown though, it takes a hard man to throw a broken hand.

What a great fight.

Lived up to the hype, no quit with brown 49-46 from me too for Ruthless

Where was that Jiu-Jitsu chess match I expected?!! :pac:

FOTN: Lawler V Brown
    Performance(s): Bermudez, Rumble Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Serious card and serious main event! It was an easy fight to score IMO Lawler won rd 1/3/4 and Brown won rd 2/5. Judging it 4-1 to Lawler by both judges was unfair. That's my only small gripe (Nog getting paid 120k to not even throw a punch aside). Great performance from Bobby Green, Masvidal and Bermudez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

As I feared lil Nog took a severe beating, Rumble really is at home at 205, brings some serious heat, he's knocking on the door for contender status just behind Gus and DC. Be very interested to see who he faces up against next time out, exciting fighter to watch, what was he ever doing fighting at welter :eek: he looks huge even at LHW.

Main event was a great tear-up, the two really went for it, Robbie Lawler is probably my favorite fighter to watch at present, can't wait for the rematch, I think he takes Hendricks this time.

Guida looked awful, not a fan of his style at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

weemcd wrote: »
    As I feared lil Nog took a severe beating, Rumble really is at home at 205, brings some serious heat, he's knocking on the door for contender status just behind Gus and DC. Be very interested to see who he faces up against next time out, exciting fighter to watch, what was he ever doing fighting at welter :eek: he looks huge even at LHW.

Main event was a great tear-up, the two really went for it, Robbie Lawler is probably my favorite fighter to watch at present, can't wait for the rematch, I think he takes Hendricks this time.

Guida looked awful, not a fan of his style at all.

Guida has been **** for years now. I remember his first fights been really exciting and wild, but hes not won anything in ages now.
    Rumble is looking better and better. Absolutely devastating KO there, and the sooner hes fighting Jones/DC/Gus the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Was very impressed with Patrick Cummins in his mauling of Kyle Kingsbury. He's an absolute powerhouse and this did not look like the same guy who was handily dispatched by Daniel Cormier. Would be interesting to see a rematch where he didn't have just 10 days notice. Good to see some of the judges dished out a 10-8 scores across the board aswell.

Would like to see one of my favourite fighters in the UFC, Jorge Masvidal, get a good high level opponent next. Him and Bobby Green are on the same timeline so would make sense although I see Green getting Barboza or Cerrone next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

p to the e wrote: »
    Was very impressed with Patrick Cummins in his mauling of Kyle Kingsbury. He's an absolute powerhouse and this did not look like the same guy who was handily dispatched by Daniel Cormier. Would be interesting to see a rematch where he didn't have just 10 days notice. Good to see some of the judges dished out a 10-8 scores across the board aswell.

Would like to see one of my favourite fighters in the UFC, Jorge Masvidal, get a good high level opponent next. Him and Bobby Green are on the same timeline so would make sense although I see Green getting Barboza or Cerrone next
    To be fair to Cummins, I could count on one hand how many fighters in LHW who would take a fight vs him on a week's notice and last more than a round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Great 4 cards in a row now is it?

With corm gus and AJ, jons has his hands busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only watched this today, been busy.

Johnson vs Nogueira was rough. Felt like I was watching a young fella mugging a pensioner.

Advertisement