Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

It's like they go "oh I've a great idea!" and then get distracted with something else. Do we think that when Amy goes snooping in the river they'll find a certain body? I can't remember if it was thrown in the sea or in the river.
    Or have they forgotten about that and it will actually be pollution from the quarry?

Or was the body found?! Just trying to think back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I'm enjoying it currently, the quarry storyline is something different and we get to see some different stuff rather the usual soap story's

Also Colin Jackie fancying Francis :p

She is a fox tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We don't see Coilin and Sarah these days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Areas wrote: »
    Or was the body found?! Just trying to think back....

The fella Tadgh killed?
    No it was assumed he was swept away in the river.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I wonder why Realitin (sorry about spelling) wants to go to boarding school

branie2 wrote: »
    I wonder why Realitin (sorry about spelling) wants to go to boarding school

Gallivanting and will probably come back with a few more new characters to the village, I suppose. A clever way of introducing new actors.

According to her, she's really missing her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

What on earth is Dee up to at all.....

Just caught up. They really need to work on thier falls in soaps.
    John Joe's collapse was ridiculous.
    I am delighted Maire is putting her 'hi-wi' to some use...

• Advertisement

Tadgh is trying to outsmart Frances again

One thing that concerns me with Ros Na Rún is teh way they tear through actors despite always complaining about not being able to get enough Irish speaking actors.

I mean only X amount of a population will be good actors and a smaller pool again As Gaeilge.

So many good ones they should be holding on to as established characters but feck them off after a season like it's Corrie or EastEnders who nearly have a revolving door of decentish to good actors coming in

I'm sure a lot of em would love a full-time gig in it, let's face it a run in Fair City is the best they'll ever get

Réaltín is really annoying me. if she mentions boarding school one more time I'll scream.

One thing that concerns me with Ros Na Rún is teh way they tear through actors despite always complaining about not being able to get enough Irish speaking actors.

I mean only X amount of a population will be good actors and a smaller pool again As Gaeilge.

So many good ones they should be holding on to as established characters but feck them off after a season like it's Corrie or EastEnders who nearly have a revolving door of decentish to good actors coming in

I'm sure a lot of em would love a full-time gig in it, let's face it a run in Fair City is the best they'll ever get

Some of them are very good, surprised they are not on 'mainsteam' telly more.
    I think it must be the grá for gaeilge that keeps them with the Irish based programmes?

Yer man that acts as Peatsai (Máirtín Jaimsie) is exceptionally good.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2937892/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He is has been in plenty of other stuff Klondike, Fir Bolg.
    I did not know until I looked him up that he had a small part in the film 'The Field' (1990) .

He was also in Glenroe as Damien, the husband of Miley's ex-girlfriend Carmel.

Didn't know that good info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I knew he was familiar! he was in other stuff as well that's not listed on imdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Saw yesterday's episode, first time I've watched the show in maybe 2 years. Love how they always go back to an Odd Couple, this time Taghd agus Peatsaí Pony Tail :) Wasn't the worst episode; has the show been as strong this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I really don't get what Dee is at..... First she was telling Mack that she wanted a baby but secretly taking her pill so she wouldn't get pregnant. Then she stopped taking it and now is pregnant. What's her game?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I really don't get what Dee is at..... First she was telling Mack that she wanted a baby but secretly taking her pill so she wouldn't get pregnant. Then she stopped taking it and now is pregnant. What's her game?

She found out Mack is the father of Katie's babi

My assumption from her is she is terrified he would leave her for Jay if he found out, whether to shack up with Katie or not I don't know. Could also just be she fears if she keeps putting off having kids and he finds out about Jay they will eventually drift apart

She obviously loves him enough to keep him so thinks if she gets pregnant and she has his child he'll obviously stay with her even if he finds out he's Jays father as the marriage will be solidified with a child

I hope now she's pregnant they actually have the child cause I like them together and it would be fair funny him having knocked up two sisters, some stallion of a man :p

• Advertisement

It's like something from the Jeremy Kyle Show and Jerry Springer

Saw yesterday's episode, first time I've watched the show in maybe 2 years. Love how they always go back to an Odd Couple, this time Taghd agus Peatsaí Pony Tail :) Wasn't the worst episode; has the show been as strong this year?

They had a bit of a clear out - think it was last year / the year before - they were in a bit of a rut.
    They did not have enough humour in the show, some of the former actors in the show were very weak.
    When the actor Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair died (who played Séamus Mhicil Tom) three years ago he was a big loss to the show.

DiarmuidMacAnAdhastairRosNaRun_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-686033

Mostly the storylines were going nowhere for a while. But they introduced younger actors
    And the Peastai character as the wiley auld fella.

As for the best episode I saw - it was a few years ago - I won't ruin it but it involved coffins in a RnR ' local play'.

Aine wants to go to boarding school next year; I wonder if Sam and Maeve will get similar ideas.

They'd want to get a new story line other than the boarding school!

Areas wrote: »
    They'd want to get a new story line other than the boarding school!

I was thinking that myself is that where all the RnaR kids are going to be corralled?
    Or made 'disappear' for a few episodes?

It does allow them to develop new young characters though.
    Similar to Home and Away's fostering kids tactic - used to watch that decades ago there were new kids appearing all the time when a revamp was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

maybe there will be a boarding school spin off

julyjane wrote: »
    maybe there will be a boarding school spin off

Oh....like eastenders did with the teenage characters a few years ago?

They had like a mini online series to themselves.

Imagine!

Ros Na Run has mini webisodes on a couple of occasions I think

First time I ever saw a bikini on the soap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Jay Zee

First time I ever saw a bikini on the soap.

Who was wearing it ?

Advertisement