Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum of the earth... firemen attacked again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I'm suprised there aren't more cases of community vigilanteism. Its obviously not an ideal solution but when a community is suffering (fire brigade won't come if your house is on fire ffs), surely it makes a bit of sense for a few men in the area to get together and go around sorting out the scum in their immediate locality.

Obviously at the end of the day its a matter for the guards. but if the guards aren't dealing with the problem (for whatever reason) then why should all the good people just sit around and remain bullied and victimised the bad element?

I would be interested to know what do others think?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

texas star wrote: »
    Happens all the time,part of the job.Just not reported.I say turn the hose on the feckers..But then they sue if injured.

Bull ****.

its not 'part of the job'. the job of a fireman is varied and multifaceted, and in no part of it do you get training on what to do when stoned by little pricks.

I work as a volunteer fire fighter in victoria, australia, and i have never witnessed any such attacks down here. but then again, this is a country of big fires, and the firemen and women do a great job and are well respected for it. you never know when your area is going to be burnt in a flash fire.

you cannot turn a hose on a someone. even if they are stoning you. our pumpers can empty a 3000 litre appliance in 7 minutes. the pressures are extreme. you could easily cause serious damage to anyone you hit. and then thats your job gone, thats the brigade sued.
    and you cant exactly not go to a call out. the only thing that will happen is that brigades will not go near a fire until there is a police presence.

thanks again little scumbags for making everyone elses life a little bit harder than it needs to be.
    seriously, i havent even heard of that type of carry on in some of the ****tier parts of the UK. has ireland finally usurped the UK in levels of chavness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bull ****.

its not 'part of the job'. the job of a fireman is varied and multifaceted, and in no part of it do you get training on what to do when stoned by little pricks.

I work as a volunteer fire fighter in victoria, australia, and i have never witnessed any such attacks down here. but then again, this is a country of big fires, and the firemen and women do a great job and are well respected for it. you never know when your area is going to be burnt in a flash fire.

you cannot turn a hose on a someone. even if they are stoning you. our pumpers can empty a 3000 litre appliance in 7 minutes. the pressures are extreme. you could easily cause serious damage to anyone you hit. and then thats your job gone, thats the brigade sued.
    and you cant exactly not go to a call out. the only thing that will happen is that brigades will not go near a fire until there is a police presence.

thanks again little scumbags for making everyone elses life a little bit harder than it needs to be.
    seriously, i havent even heard of that type of carry on in some of the ****tier parts of the UK. has ireland finally usurped the UK in levels of chavness?
    http://www.fireservice.co.uk/articles/attacks.php

Lots of incidents there... thankfully we haven't surpassed the UK yet. Still, not a healthy trend really.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

bring back the ira... all is forgiven :-)

how can you forgive this?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1022/quinnp.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Simple answer: Withdraw emergency services until the perpetrators are handed over. Let the ****hole burn or police itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Thank you. It's not even remotely part of the job. Attacks happen on the ambulances that go out as well. It's one of the lowest things i've ever heard of. Fire engines and ambulances are only ever on the road for a good reason and it's to save lives. There should be a very high level of disgust about these kinds of incidents, and the people responsible should be dealt with very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I think it's time for a super prison.

Who's with me?

I'm actually being serious here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭donaghs

Its definitely worth trying some new ideas. Something like this just shouldn't be acceptable. The people who attacked the firemen should be tracked down, and given a punishment which would dissuade them from doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Terry wrote: »
    I think it's time for a super prison.

Who's with me?

I'm actually being serious here.
    Might I recommend, instead of wasting taxpayer money on a new super prison, we simply maximise the use of real estate and ship them off to a nice welcoming prison in south east asia? Nothing like having to provide your own air circulation by jogging around in your eight foot by eight foot cell all day in tropical conditions to give you a new perspective on life.
    our pumpers can empty a 3000 litre appliance in 7 minutes. the pressures are extreme. you could easily cause serious damage to anyone you hit.
    My biggest problem would be trying to stop laughing, tbh.
    micmclo wrote: »
    Lets take the American route of welfare to work and zero tolerance
    Yes because America has no crime at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

there needs to be some sort of emergency services blacklist - fire/ambulance/gardai

abuse em, lose em

'14 scum-ton road? Im sorry, computer-says-no. It seems your son likes throwing bricks at our trucks. Our advice at this time is to try using water. Kind regards, Irish Fire Service'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

donaghs wrote: »
    The people who attacked the firemen should be tracked down, and given a punishment which would dissuade them from doing it again.

Yes, burn their homes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Wossack wrote: »
    there needs to be some sort of emergency services blacklist - fire/ambulance/gardai

abuse em, lose em

'14 scum-ton road? Im sorry, computer-says-no. It seems your son likes throwing bricks at our trucks. Our advice at this time is to try using water. Kind regards, Irish Fire Service'

But as someone said earlier in this thread, the scumbags aren't nessacarily from the area that the fire is. Why should the normal, decent residents of the area go without emergency services just because a few scumbags think its fun to throw stones/bricks/fireworks at them?

The gardai should have came out when they were needed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

bman wrote: »
    But as someone said earlier in this thread, the scumbags aren't nessacarily from the area that the fire is. Why should the normal, decent residents of the area go without emergency services just because a few scumbags think its fun to throw stones/bricks/fireworks at them?

The gardai should have came out when they were needed.

Maynooth has about 1/3rd of the Gardai it actually needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Maynooth has about 1/3rd of the Gardai it actually needs.

Same out in Dublin 15.. The amount of new estates that have been built out this way and a very low increase in the amount of gardai. Its disgraceful.. Then again only 39% of the people in my area bothered their arses to vote in the last election..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Mordeth wrote: »
    arm the fire brigade!

Am I the only one that feel that a water canon to the face of a scumbag would be great fun?

EDIT: Guess not... just read the rest of the posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Whitewashman big difference from being a fireperson in Dublin then Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yeah, because there are no scumbags in Australia.

Also, Maynooth is in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

this is the new scumbag ireland, in some areas of dublin, and this is fact, the fire brigade will not enter without armed back up.

Sure, we have to give the gards stab vests and paramedics want them now, thanks to these sh*itheads

We could use the "first aid pumps" for these lads, the small hoses that are quick to get at while the others are set up in a fire................bring back mcdowell, change the law,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

dodgyme wrote: »
    this country is some ****hole

Left IRL in 84, I come over on a regular basis to visit my folks in Dublin. Must say it can be a threatening place at night with alcohol fueled youths. I feel the laws in IRL are too liberal. People don't seem accountable for there actions.

Not sure what the answer is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Controlled vigilantism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's because the scum know for a fact that there is no risk of them being brought to justice. So why the hell shouldn't they throw stuff.

It's the sort of thing that hurts your head simply because it's so hard to understand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Wossack wrote: »

abuse em, lose em

I agree. if you can identify one or more of the scumbags then blacklist their homes against the fire department. if the parents complain then say "we refuse to send a fire truck to your residence as we were attacked by little johnny McKnacker and have therefore blacklisted your home. try using water *click*"

Well usually Johnny his bogey mates have fled the scene so you can never get your hands on them also fireperson are not going to hang around when they are being pelted with bricks and bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

texas star wrote: »
    Whitewashman big difference from being a fireperson in Dublin then Australia.

are you actually suggesting that it is part of the role of a fireman in dublin to be attacked?

why do you think there is a big difference between australia and dublin with regards to being a fireman?
    are you a member of a brigade in either country?

id be really really interested to hear about these differences.

I really dont want to get into the difference,but as an e.g the equipment is far better,their hours are shorter.As for myself being in the fire service no my father is.:D

Advertisement